More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 04:37:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  ALERT!!! Sims DNA Being Reset to CAS Default!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ALERT!!! Sims DNA Being Reset to CAS Default!  (Read 29016 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: ALERT!!! Sims DNA Being Reset to CAS Default!
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 03, 20:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to go through and redo DNA for my older Pleasantview since my previous post.  I downloaded Pegasys' database and imported my sims, which made things a lot easier because I could see the parents' genetics and how they related to the children.  I had to go through and do all the family ties manually, but Pegasys has really made some improvements that make it a lot easier.  I had been intending to do this, but when I heard you could view genetics with it and import from SimPE, it spurred me into action.  Between SimPE, I finally got things straightened out the best I could, and I backed up the neighborhood with the date and DNA in the folder name.  I am getting to the third generation finally, and I want to see how the genes mix!  I can't do that if everyone is basically the same as a first generation CAS sim.   Angry

Thanks for sharing your experience, hedgekat.  Hopefully it will help shed some light on the situation and maybe someone (Pescado?) can figure out what the heck is going on. 
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 03, 22:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I located the actual time period that whatever happened did occur.   The last child with CAS-type DNA was born at 7:18 pm on 2/26,  The next, with normal DNA was born at 8:27 pm, same day, same household.   I'm pretty certain I did not leave the game in the middle of playing one house.  At least not voluntarily.  I don't remember any crash, but I do think there were a couple times the game hung and once I may have had to cntrl-alt-del to get out,   but don't remember if it was at that time or not.   It's definite though that I would not have left the game to add or remove anything from downloads. There are only four children born prior to that time that still have normal DNA.  Three of those were not modified by the game after I saved their households shortly after they transitioned to toddler or child.   So none of them were ever invited home with any other children.  The fourth child did not show up on any other lot until yesterday. 

Where can I find Pegasys's database?   Is it on this site,  or at MTS@,  or elsewhere? That sounds like something that would make my repair job much easier.   
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 03, 22:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I find Pegasys's database?   Is it on this site,  or at MTS@,  or elsewhere? That sounds like something that would make my repair job much easier.   
Pegasys has her own site.  The link is in her siggy:  http://www.sims2db.com/  You can use it to keep track of different types of information that isn't even in SimPE, and print out different types of reports on your sims.  It's really cool.  And no, she did not pay me to say that.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: