More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 23:53:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cloning the Career Reward Bookcase
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cloning the Career Reward Bookcase  (Read 2176 times)
Plex
Asinine Airhead

if i close my eyes you can't see me.

View Profile
Cloning the Career Reward Bookcase
« on: 2009 August 22, 13:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My inquiry is changing a custom bookcase's values to match the skill building rate of the education career reward bookcase.
I think instead the easiest way to go about this is to extract the career bookcase's properties (like BCON, BHAV, TTAB, please do add onto this list),
and overwrite the custom bookcase's with these values.

Does anyone know which of those specific properties i should change and which ones I shouldn't ?
any insight would be appreciated.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: Cloning the Career Reward Bookcase
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 23, 02:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what brief poking around I've done with bookshelves, it doesn't appear that the rate of skill gain is actually in any of the resources related to the object.  The education bookshelf calls the same BHAVs as the standard bookshelves and seems to use the same interaction indexes for the three standard skills.  The actual skilling seems to take place when Push Interaction is called with the interaction index, which is a primitive and I don't know what it does exactly.  It might be that the advanced skilling simply happens based on whether the sim is reading a gold book, or whether the bookshelf that was originally the subject of the interaction has the same GUID as the education bookshelf.  You might try just cloning the education bookshelf itself first, and not modifying it except for the GUID, just to see if it's possible to get the skilling boost from a bookshelf with a different GUID at all.  It might just wind up being easier to make a global mod to change the skilling rate for all standard bookshelves than to modify a particular custom bookshelf, but I've never messed with skilling rates, so I'm not really sure.  There are probably BCONs somewhere that you can change to achieve that, but I wouldn't know where to find them, and they are definitely not part of the set of files you get when you clone a bookshelf object.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Plex
Asinine Airhead

if i close my eyes you can't see me.

View Profile
Re: Cloning the Career Reward Bookcase
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 23, 04:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's quite discouraging to hear.  Embarrassed

Does anyone know what files specifically affect the skill rate ?
Maybe i can change the custom bookshelves' skill rate to match of Ctfg's faster skill building objects.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: