More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 10:24:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets patch released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets patch released  (Read 124426 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Pets patch released
« Reply #25 on: 2007 January 31, 18:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a lot more bugs with werewolves (especially wants) than included in the patch, argh.
One issue I experienced was "Turn <sim> into werewolf" never got fulfilled after a successful savage attack.

I was unclear about things... but is the savage interaction supposed to turn other sims into werewolves as coded by Maxis EA? Or... is that something that Pescado added with the new and improved Fight Club?  I'm just wondering... because in the thread for my Teen Savage Hack, he mentions me using the Fight Club version of savage... and I wasn't sure how he knew that. Huh Does the regular Maxis EA savage differ somehow?

Here's to hoping Seasons does not follow the Uni/Pets buggy archetype.

Uh... heh, you do know that the "buggy archetype" isn't exactly isolated to just Uni and Pets... well, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "buggy archetype" but the other EPs (NL And OFB) were equally buggy. Heck, even the FFS SP was buggy. And so was the basegame. If anything, I would say that the "buggy archetype" merely applies to Maxis EA in general. Cheesy

As for whether to patch or not... I suppose if your game is stable enough as it is, and you aren't experiencing any major problems... then holding off would be fine.  Realize tho, the next EP will pretty much have the changes from the patch included (or at least it should It might revert things back again after the patch... and we will most likely need a patch for Seasons anyways Roll Eyes).

As for fixes needed but not yet included... obviously Maxis EA was probably working on the patch for awhile, and they can only manage to address so many things, and not everything is gonna make it into this patch.  Be glad we got a patch at all, that actually seems to have fixes for things that I hadn't heard about.  Any other major issues, they will probably make a 2nd patch or roll them into the next EP.  In the meantime, I'm certainly thankful we can rely on fixes by modders more awesome than me. Grin

I suppose I should do a hackdiff to see wtf they've blown up. Joy.

Hey twojeffs, you replied while I was in the middle of composing.  Would you be a dear and post your hack diff results between the object packages.  I'm lazy and don't want to deal with patching tonight. Plus, I want to back my data up before I patch anyways. Heh. Thanks! Kiss

Oh, I hate Maxis EA features. Roll Eyes

Ste

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 January 31, 18:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see anything on that list about fixing the always starving birds - I know TwoJeffs fixed it, but you'd think EA would wanna give it a shot :p

Twojeffs fixed it? Thank fuck!

*tigerlilley runs to go download

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 January 31, 19:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ste - in Litter Box TJ says that the puppy-kitten parentage hack is the only one of his that conflicts with the new patch.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 January 31, 20:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and I posted the diff file in Teh Bowels for lazy Ste's. Tongue
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 February 01, 02:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto, and my ground covers still aren't showing in neighbourhood view. Bah, still got green beaches happening here *sigh*

You know you have to make something in Buildmode. Because your Lotfile needs an update to show Terrainpaint after Patch !
« Last Edit: 2007 February 01, 02:20:30 by Havelock » Logged
Eggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 February 01, 10:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does the link point to the German version of the page? Huh

Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 February 01, 10:14:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does the link point to the German version of the page? Huh

Try setting your language at www.ea.com
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 February 01, 10:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the roof slope cheat... they didn't explain how to use it very well. I've got it working in the patched version of the game and this is how I had to do it.

Make sure you have placed the roof that you want. Type in the cheat (individualroofslopeangle [#15-75]) then you hold alt and ctrl and click the roof you want to change the angle of. It should work since thats how I got it working in my game.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 February 01, 10:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they made it work the way the Prima Guide said it would?

Whoa.  Shocked

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 February 01, 11:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they made it work the way the Prima Guide said it would?

Whoa.  Shocked

Are you more shocked that Maxis got it right or that the guide did?  Wink

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 February 01, 11:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ctrl & Alt, you say...must write this down in case of future forgetfulness.

By-the-by, is anyone having any problems with the bed ownership hack? Um, like it doesn't work anymore...
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 February 01, 11:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked that Maxis fixed something to actually work the way they told Prima it was going to.

bekka
Blathering Buffoon

Now with 10% more visibility!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 February 01, 12:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch failed for me. My objects.package on disk had somehow grown in size.
Filesize was 58,888,153 bytes, should have been 52,358,858 bytes.
I restored it from compressed.zip and the patch worked.

Bekka, check your objects.package size.

Thanks Jordi, I checked it and mine is the wrong size too.  How does one go about fixing that? I don't have a copy of those files anywhere I can get to easily (I can't seem to find them on my disks either, but then I'm not very good at this sort of thing). Embarrassed

And thank goodness I wasn't the only one who forgot to remove it.  I felt very silly even though I recalled reading that advice as soon as I clicked run on the installer. Tongue

This must be what going mad feels like.
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 February 01, 13:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know things don't always seem to work this way with sims games, but if I hold out until Seasons should I theoretically need this patch? That is to say, would these problems be 'fixed' (my past experience with sims patches says that's not precisely the word anyway Tongue) with seasons or will they be written off as 'pets problems' and not dealt with asides from in the patch?

I just don't trust them any more and the only problem I've had that's listed there, I can avoid with daily backups - I noticed the thing about breeding dogs but I only have cats now, and I can't be bothered with werewolves.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 February 01, 13:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, insert your Pets CD or DVD in the drive.
Open it in explorer and open compressed.zip
Inside compressed.zip go to TSData\Res\Object\Objects.package
Extract this file over your existing Pets Objects.package and the patch should run.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 February 01, 13:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arina: even if you get Seasons, you still need to patch Pets.

TS2 expansions are like an onion: each one wraps around the old stuff. So you still need to fix errors in the old layers, by patching them.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 February 01, 14:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had weird side effects of the patch?  My red headed npc maid is now blonde, yet her thumbnail pic is still showing her as a redhead.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 February 01, 14:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't the lot debugger have a thing to regenerate protraits?

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 February 01, 14:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arina: Most likely, at the very least, when you install Seasons, it may force you to update Pets anyway. The new EP doesn't patch the previous one because they, for a change, aren't trying to assume that you've installed every EP, plus, there's no requirement to install them in order, as there was with TS1. However, the last step of installation sometimes has been to check to make sure your entire game is updated, and forcing the patch then, if it hasn't been.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 February 01, 14:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch failed for me. My objects.package on disk had somehow grown in size.
Filesize was 58,888,153 bytes, should have been 52,358,858 bytes.
I restored it from compressed.zip and the patch worked.

Bekka, check your objects.package size.

Same happened to me followed your instructions and the patch installed then.

Pushing the thank you button. Smiley

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 February 01, 14:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had weird side effects of the patch?  My red headed npc maid is now blonde, yet her thumbnail pic is still showing her as a redhead.

Same deal for me.

Forcing a thumbnail refresh did not fix it — I fixed it by vamping her and curing her with the cheats to force a full body redrawing.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 February 01, 14:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, something is messed up in my game.  I had an adult transition post patch and she is screwed up.  Her age says 26 days instead of 5?.  I went to send her to the community lot via her car and I had to delete her and get her back(InSIM).  When she reappeared it said she still had 3 days to elderhood.  I had to manually change her back to the right age.  I tryed to send her by Taxi but she would get in then get right back out again.  She also can't use her car to go to work.  Her husband transitioned pre patch and can use his car fine for work but when I sent him to a community lot, he left but I didn't.  The teen can go to and from school and work fine but they are running out of money so I don't want to sacrifice another car.  I also had a stuck save buttons.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 February 01, 14:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, something is messed up in my game.  I had an adult transition post patch and she is screwed up.  Her age says 26 days instead of 5?.  I went to send her to the community lot via her car and I had to delete her and get her back(InSIM).  When she reappeared it said she still had 3 days to elderhood.  I had to manually change her back to the right age.  I tryed to send her by Taxi but she would get in then get right back out again.  She also can't use her car to go to work.  Her husband transitioned pre patch and can use his car fine for work but when I sent him to a community lot, he left but I didn't.  The teen can go to and from school and work fine but they are running out of money so I don't want to sacrifice another car.  I also had a stuck save buttons.

Has InSim been cleared for post-patch use? If I were going to choose a hack that I thought would be the likely to make things go haywire post-patch, InSim would be it.   Wink

Installing a patch is just like installing a new EP- it changes the basic inner workings of the game, and most of the time that means, at the least, that the hacks break, and a lot of times, the hacks cause the game to break. The more complicated the hack and the more it reaches in and changes the basics of the game, the more likely it is to cause problems.  That's why most in this thread are waiting to hear from the modders before installing the patch.  You can't just install a patch over all your hacks and expect everything to work.

(And no, I still haven't been brave enough to try to see how badly I screwed my game.)

- Kurt Vonnegut
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 February 01, 16:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same deal for me.

Forcing a thumbnail refresh did not fix it — I fixed it by vamping her and curing her with the cheats to force a full body redrawing.

Cheers Jordi, did you use boolprop to do this?  Or is there a vamp turner and cure cheat i am unaware of?

blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 February 01, 16:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS2 expansions are like an onion

LMAO! So it stinks, I presume?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: