More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 16:57:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a safe way to alter age duration?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a safe way to alter age duration?  (Read 8891 times)
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Is there a safe way to alter age duration?
« on: 2007 March 10, 02:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm particularly interested in making the baby age shorter (useless lumps of pixel-flesh).  I've been reading and some people write that you can do this with insim, but I've also read that insim is less than awesome and am not really interested in it.  I do use Merola's picture for certain things and it does have a change age option, but what I really would like is something to set the baby age globally.  And, I wouldn't mind having those excess days added to the toddler age.

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Is there a safe way to alter age duration?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 10, 02:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge has an age group tweak, updated for Pets on dinnerbell:

http://simlogical.com/dinnerbell/index.php?topic=80.0

and here's where the original was (you might want to read this too)

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2patches.htm

I don't think it's updated for Seasons yet, if it will or needs to be.

Unsouper
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 10, 03:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think TwoJeffs has an age duration hack, as well. You might want to check out his section.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 10, 03:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's updated for Seasons yet, if it will or needs to be.
I'm using both hacks by Inge (for pets and humans) in Seasons, and everything works fine - I don't think any update is needed here! Grin

EDIT: I just read at dinnerbell that Inge's hack doesn't seem to be compatible with plant people. Since I'm never playing those fantasy creatures anyway I hadn't noticed yet, and personally it doesn't bug me. Wink
« Last Edit: 2007 March 10, 04:18:04 by selzi » Logged
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 10, 04:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use twojeffs' randomizer mod for Sims, and based my Pets ages mod on Inge's extracted AgeCons. Works fine in Pets, and since Seasons didn't change a thing, should also for that.
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 10, 17:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use twojeffs' randomizer mod for Sims, and based my Pets ages mod on Inge's extracted AgeCons. Works fine in Pets, and since Seasons didn't change a thing, should also for that.

Jordi, I have no idea what you just said here LOL!  Are you saying you have a mod that allows me to adjust this?  I do use TJ's age duration hack, but I thought that only affected Adults and Elders?  I will search for Inge's thingie, thanks  Wink

ETA:  Err...I don't think I can use Inge's thingie because don't I need Simpe for that?  Also, Jordi, I just clicked on your mts2 mods link and could not find an age mod  Huh
« Last Edit: 2007 March 10, 17:46:27 by moniquinin » Logged

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 10, 17:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't want to use hacks, cheats or SimPE, you can always time your births so the baby is born at 5pm, and then you can grow it up the next day. 25 hours seems like a fairly short time.

moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 10, 18:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I do want to use a hack, a global one, which is why I'm asking if there actually IS one.  And it's not that I don't want to use Simpe, it's that it's not for Macs.  Your idea sounds good though, if I knew how to time the births... Huh

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 10, 18:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mon: sorry, using shorthand again ^_^

For my Sims ages I use the mod by twojeffs
For Pets ages I have adjusted the file extracted by Inge, to halve the Pets lifespans.

I haven't released it since anyone can do the adjustments in SimPE. The attached mod lowers the babies to 1-2 days (lower I can't do) and adds this extra day to the toddler lifestage.
Not compatible with twojeffs' mod.

* agecons.zip (0.46 KB - downloaded 132 times.)
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 10, 18:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's TwoJeff's Most Awesome age duration hack that works quite nicely:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2697.0.html

Edit:  And here it is updated for Seasons:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/jeffistani/seasons/

I can't seem to recall if it affects babies but it seems my sim-babies' lives are shorter - about 3 sim days?  Does that sound right?  Toddlers are only a few days as well.  Perhaps an Awesome One can 'splain. 
« Last Edit: 2007 March 10, 18:52:56 by starrling » Logged

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 10, 19:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you talking about the Age Duration hack that is actually called "Adult/Elder Age Duration"? It doesn't have anything to do with baby ages.

Babies can be babies for 3 days if they are born just after 6pm and you wait for them to grow up naturally. On the other hand, a baby born at 5pm ages at 6pm (counts as one day) and can be grown up with the cake or the baby controller at 6pm the following day. That's a total of 25 hours of babyhood, which really doesn't seem onerously long, as I said previously.

moniquinin: You time births by calculating the duration of a pregnancy and then having your sims woo hoo at the optimum time.

moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 10, 19:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Rohina - this means I need to know how to time the woohoo, which I don't since I haven't been paying attention.  Is there a short and easy answer to this?  Like, always woohoo at X o'clock?  Or does it vary depending on other factors?  I's still curious about what Jordi uses because I still can't make sense of it.  TJ's thingie only works for adults/elders and Jordi's attachment is for pets and I don't care about my pets, really.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 11, 14:20:30 by moniquinin » Logged

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 10, 19:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pregnancy is exactly 75 sim-hours, so you can schedule woohoos according to this data.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 10, 19:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing that makes this a bit tricky is work. If the pregnant sim is at work at the time she is going to "show", then she won't pop the belly until she gets home. I'm not sure if this interferes with the subsequent timing of the birth - it sometimes seems to.

dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 10, 20:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also debug mode and shift-click "set to birthday", which I do with babies when I'm bored of them. 
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 11, 00:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also debug mode and shift-click "set to birthday", which I do with babies when I'm bored of them. 

Inge's heirloom cake -- can age anyone (including pets) at any time: http://simlogical.com/dinnerbell/index.php?topic=14.0

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 11, 05:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pfui, and I thought I was doing so well not suggesting insim (I use insim as an in-game editor) and didn't even think about the simPE issue. It's not global, but second to the heirloom cake. I believe you can use it to keep the toddlers from aging as well, to add the extra day or however long you give them. Just you'll have to use it for each baby/toddler/family.

Unsouper
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 11, 11:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I have PJSe out of the way I spose it's time I started seeing to whether any of my hacks need updating...

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 11, 12:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err, mon, the file I upped here is for *Sims* made to your specifications (less baby time, more toddler time), not for Pets.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 11, 13:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have now updated the agecons at dinnerbell, too.  The cake and voluntary aging patch should still be fine with seasons.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 11, 14:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err, mon, the file I upped here is for *Sims* made to your specifications (less baby time, more toddler time), not for Pets.

I'm an idiot.  I didn't read the last sentence - just that you use TJ's mod for your sims and the other thing for your pets, so I thought, why would the other thing be for the sims? Tongue

I'm still confused though - it's not compatible with which TJ's mod?  The one discussed here that's only for adults/elder?  Why would they not work together if thid id for just babies and toddlers?  I'm so confused!!

BTW, I love it that you call me mon - that's my RL nickname (my name's Mónica.  Moniquinin is what my dad and aunt used to call me when I was little).

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: