More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 18:42:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Yoohoo - you can resurrect Lyla Grunt "legally"..:)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Yoohoo - you can resurrect Lyla Grunt "legally"..:)  (Read 13417 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Yoohoo - you can resurrect Lyla Grunt "legally"..:)
« on: 2005 October 15, 21:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until NL you couldn't resurrect a pre-made dead, even if he had a tomb on your hood.

I got bored in Pleasantview, and passed to Strangetown. I always wanted to resurrect Lyla Grunt and return her to her family (her tomb is at Olive's yard). I did it once with the SimPe and a teleporter, but I never got the option to call the gream reaper and ask to resurrect her.

I enterred Grunt's place, bought the O-Nomitron (Two-Jeffs' collection), and gave Buzz to call the GR. Lyla's picture appeared immediately.

Well, I didn't want her as she was before (romance sim), so I exited, changed her characteristics with the SimPe (knowledge, Scorpio, turn-ons fitness and red hair, turn-offs vampirism - I hate them, lol), then enterred again Grunt's house and resurrected her.

She came bald (why?), and had a corruption on her mouth, nose, and eyes. So I used the Surgery objects and fixed her face, than choosed a new hair for her.

I am so glad I could do it "legally", without a cheat...Smiley.

I saw in Pleasantview, that Mortimer could resurrect many of his relatives (except Bella, which doesn't have a tomb).

It seems that NL "permits" resurrection of the pre-made dead. Happy to find about it...Smiley.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: Yoohoo - you can resurrect Lyla Grunt "legally"..:)
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 15, 22:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to some threads on here, this was an accident on Maxis' part. Some people have reported Pleasantview Bella as resurrectable as well. If I remember correctly, MaxoidTom said the fix for this may make it to NL Patch 2 (if there is going to be a NL Patch 2).

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 15, 22:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always resurrect a couple of the dead Sims in all three neighbourhoods, but Nightlife indeed added more.

They almost all suffer from incorrect DNA though.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 15, 23:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to some threads on here, this was an accident on Maxis' part. Some people have reported Pleasantview Bella as resurrectable as well. If I remember correctly, MaxoidTom said the fix for this may make it to NL Patch 2 (if there is going to be a NL Patch 2).

NOOOOO!!! - I won't install the Patch 2 if it fixes  it!!!...Smiley. I am so happy with this ability now!...Smiley
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 15, 23:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always resurrect a couple of the dead Sims in all three neighbourhoods, but Nightlife indeed added more.

Hmm, that makes me wonder if we should actually leave those dead sims alone. If certain sims are now accidentally resurrectable and have incorrect DNA is it possible that ressurection could eventually lead to that "firey ball visible from outer space"? I wonder if the NL patch 2 will make them unresurrectable again or correct their DNA if possible. I'd resurrected Lyla, Ichabod Specter, Willow & Creon Nigmos the day after I installed NL and their DNA seemed all messed up. Ichabod came back as a 159 year old elder. Willow & Creon came back as bald adults in elder bodies. Lyla came back as a bald adult and I noticed the weird corruption in her face if I attempted to "change appearance" on her more than once. At least they all have personalities now though. I only played them for a few hours. Worried that I'd fubared my game, it was one of the motivating factors in deciding to reinstall and start over (I wanted to take things in a different direction anyway).

I'd like to resurrect Lyla to add some drama and interest to Strangetown but I feel like I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if it's a good idea. Undecided
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 16, 01:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the NL patch 2 will make them unresurrectable again or correct their DNA if possible.

You have to ask???  I got a dollar that says the modders will eventually fix the fix in patch 2 so they're both resurrectable and have proper DNA after Maxis takes out the resurrectability in patch 2.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 16, 02:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I have to ask because my computer knowledge is minimal at best. I didn't want to assume anything, you know the old saying about that. Wink
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 16, 02:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well previous to installing the NL patch I was able to resurrect Skip Broke (although there isn't a tombstone/urn) and Michael Bachelor. I tried to resurrect Lyla Grunt after I installed the patch and General Buzz received the message from the Grim Ripper "I don't know why you are calling me, you don't know anyone who died,etc." I'm glad I got to resurrect some of the sims I could but I am disappointed that they "fixed" it with the patch. Undecided

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 16, 02:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I have to ask because my computer knowledge is minimal at best. I didn't want to assume anything, you know the old saying about that. Wink

Hehe!!  Sorry.  This isn't a technical issue, but a human nature issue.  For me at least, but I've spent a lot of time around programmers and programming management.  But as a gamer you've no doubt seen the same pattern many times before.  In my case, I've seen it often enough to be thoroughly cynical.

Here's the deal:  Game companies have to make things work for all sorts of different computer systems all over the world.  If an error doesn't show up in testing (as opposed to simply playing the game for a long time) it ends up in the game.  People report the errors, and the game company has to try to reproduce them, using limited time and resources.  If they can't reproduce them, they can't fix them.  And they usually only get one try at fixing an error, especially if the company has a policy of only releasing one patch.

The modders, on the other hand, have unlimited time and considerable feedback from the community.  If their first try at a fix doesn't work the way people like, they can update the mod as many times as they wish, until they get sick of messing with it or until the problem is well and truly fixed.  They let the community run the real tests, and find out from said community if the fix actually works for them.

A game like Sims 2 is unbelievably huge and complex, and there's no way there won't be bugs.  Even game stopping bugs that you'd think *should* have been caught in testing.  But with a schedule to meet and never enough resources, they can't make everything perfect.

Since management originally decided to make some Sims unresurrectable, and since fixing this will be easier than fixing the DNA problems, expect them to take the easier road and disable resurrrection on those Sims.  This sort of thing will appeal to the bean counters at EA, most of whom will have never played the Sims, or any other game for that matter.

I only pray that I'm completely wrong. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 16, 04:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's good to know, thanks Hook. Your hunch is very likely to be the case and patch 2 will result in those sims being unresurrectable again. In any case I should leave them alone unless the modders fix them, I don't enjoy having my game explode and I'm too technologically challenged to trust myself with something like Sim PE.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 16, 06:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, that makes me wonder if we should actually leave those dead sims alone. If certain sims are now accidentally resurrectable and have incorrect DNA is it possible that ressurection could eventually lead to that "firey ball visible from outer space"? I wonder if the NL patch 2 will make them unresurrectable again or correct their DNA if possible. I'd resurrected Lyla, Ichabod Specter, Willow & Creon Nigmos the day after I installed NL and their DNA seemed all messed up. Ichabod came back as a 159 year old elder. Willow & Creon came back as bald adults in elder bodies. Lyla came back as a bald adult and I noticed the weird corruption in her face if I attempted to "change appearance" on her more than once. At least they all have personalities now though. I only played them for a few hours. Worried that I'd fubared my game, it was one of the motivating factors in deciding to reinstall and start over (I wanted to take things in a different direction anyway).

I'd like to resurrect Lyla to add some drama and interest to Strangetown but I feel like I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if it's a good idea. Undecided

It makes me wonder now that you mention that as well...I'm starting to wonder if bringing back Skip Broke was a good idea or not as some things in my game have been acting odd since he reappeared from the dead.  Maybe he should have another pool accident heh
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 18, 02:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes me wonder now that you mention that as well...I'm starting to wonder if bringing back Skip Broke was a good idea or not as some things in my game have been acting odd since he reappeared from the dead.  Maybe he should have another pool accident heh
I resurrected Skip Broke using SimPE a while back as well as Bella and Michael Bachelor, and I haven't had anything wrong with them.  I edited everything about them, their personalities, aspirations, DNA, family ties, and made sure they were working properly.  I think that odd stuff happens in the game regardless.  I have enjoyed playing with them.  I don't know if perhaps the ones in the Specter graveyard are different.  I deleted most of them when I played it because the ghosts were so bad they killed poor Ophelia twice.  Her aunt didn't have enough of a relationship to plead for her, so she had to pay the grim reaper to get her back.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 18, 03:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I resurrected Lyla Grunt and Ichabod Specter before installing NL.  I had to use SimPE to link them first (they were unlinked).  Ichabod was 159 years old, but he lived a happy life with Olive and passed away recently.  Lyla came back with no hair, but her face was fine; a quick trip to the mirror fixed her hair. 

I didn't plan on breeding Ichabod so didn't worry about DNA.  I just now looked with Sim2Enhancer.  Dead Ichabod had a couple of lines missing (easily restored with Sim2Enhancer [or SimPE if you know what you're doing]).  Lyla's DNA is fine, but I may have adjusted it when I went through recently and fixed all the breedable Sims in Strangetown -- can't remember.

Phyllis

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 18, 15:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lyla's hair and outfit were not included with the game. The same applies to other dead Sims. That's why she appears bald with a random outfit.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: