More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 18:31:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Restaurants selling only one type of food?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Restaurants selling only one type of food?  (Read 11413 times)
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Restaurants selling only one type of food?
« on: 2006 March 24, 20:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am wondering if the ability to assign a restaurant to sell only one type of food (a pizza place that sells only pizza, a burger place that sells only burgers, etc)  made it into OFB, as Maxis said it would. Does anyone know?
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Restaurants selling only one type of food?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 24, 20:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can select the individual food items that are included in the menu.  Click on the podium and choose Plan Menu.

I have a bakery-cafe where the only foods available on the restaurant menu are desserts.  It works fine.

Karen
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 24, 20:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Karen, I have been wondering too on how to do that and I was just to lazy to ask  Tongue
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 24, 20:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that and occasionally you'll get a customer who wants pancakes or cereal. When they ask for it, you will sometimes lose a star for not selling it and they'll walk out the door.

Don't take my word for it though. Give it a shot. Smiley

Instant gratification takes too long.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 24, 20:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can do it yes and in fact if the cook has lower than 10 cooking skill you should remove any foods they don't have the skill to cook.

What I am wondering though and what the guide doesn't go into is, how does this effect the customers and loyalty? I read somewhere something about them having a favorite food or a food they want. I know they sometimes come in with a picture of a particular food in their thought bubble and dates do this too, but if they don't get that food will their loyalty go down?

The guide does mention that foods that take 5 skill or higher generate extra loyalty but I've not been able to confirm this.

Oh and no pizza. Unless you want to order boxes of it one by one from the delivery npc and then mark them for sale. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 24, 20:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I am wondering though and what the guide doesn't go into is, how does this effect the customers and loyalty? I read somewhere something about them having a favorite food or a food they want. I know they sometimes come in with a picture of a particular food in their thought bubble and dates do this too, but if they don't get that food will their loyalty go down?

Look at the post above yours. lol

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 24, 20:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that and occasionally you'll get a customer who wants pancakes or cereal. When they ask for it, you will sometimes lose a star for not selling it and they'll walk out the door.
It occurs to me that this is immensely stupid. I mean, seriously, who the hell walks into a restaurant serving a specific thing and then complains when other things obviously NOT part of the restaurant's menu are not present?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 24, 20:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. I mean it's not like I got to a pizza joint looking for fried chicken or vice versa.

LOL reminds me of the time I took my parents to a Japanese restaurant. They wanted bread and coffee. I was like DUH, this is an Asian restaurant, you get tea and rice.

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 24, 21:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It occurs to me that this is immensely stupid. I mean, seriously, who the hell walks into a restaurant serving a specific thing and then complains when other things obviously NOT part of the restaurant's menu are not present?

Maxis (evidently.) The real question is: can you fix this JM?

Thanks everyone, this is good to know--that we canactually have a burger joint now. Why didn't Maxis make the pizzas accessible?? Stupid Maixs.

Another hack I've been wanting is: the ability to sell only onetype of clothing at a store. Womens clothing only, mens clothing only, Mens suits only, formal wear only, etc.  Has anyone seen a hack like that?
« Last Edit: 2006 March 24, 21:13:28 by MutantBunny » Logged
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 24, 21:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but I bet Squinge will do one.  He seems to be very prolific lately.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 24, 21:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I do for pizza shops is use the buyable pizza box collection from Sim a Little Dream a Lot and then stick them in the display case or on shelves (since they don't spoil if the box isn't opened). It only really works for making a takeout pizza shop though, not a sit down one.

The annoying this about that collection though is that the pizza boxes cost 0 simoleans, so you don't really make money, it's just for atmosphere.

I guess it's possible to change the price of them though by mucking with the file in SimPE maybe.

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 24, 21:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what about the chinese food--can we make a chinese restaurant?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 24, 21:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't actually tried, but according to the prima guide the takeout chinese is not sellable. You can however put ramen on the menu if you have a microwave on the lot.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 24, 21:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The annoying this about that collection though is that the pizza boxes cost 0 simoleans, so you don't really make money, it's just for atmosphere.

I'm sure you can set a custom price from within the game somehow. Most items, when you click on them, have a "Set Price" menu that allows you to either set a custom price or use the predefined price ranges.

And yes, I normally go to the local Pizza Hut for cereal.

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 24, 21:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Monique's computer allows you to teleport in pizzas. Just have them sit at the computer and order order order.

Edit: Oops. I just realized what you meant. Nevermind this then.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 24, 21:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't actually tried, but according to the prima guide the takeout chinese is not sellable. You can however put ramen on the menu if you have a microwave on the lot.

There ya go, you can have your own noodle stand.  Cheesy

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 24, 22:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure you can set a custom price from within the game somehow. Most items, when you click on them, have a "Set Price" menu that allows you to either set a custom price or use the predefined price ranges.

That's true. I tend to forget about that option and use the defaults. The problem though is, 'ridiculously expensive' ends up being 3 simoleans. If I try to charge 20, they will think I am charging 20 times more than what it is worth and I'll have to dazzle the hell out of them to sell one box of pizza. Tongue

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 24, 22:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so kids can put a microwave on the lemonade stand....
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 24, 22:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. Maybe I should make a "Pizza Joint" set where your sims take orders on the phone, make a pizza, and then someone deliverates the pizza to the offscreen customer. And frat members show up to raid the pizzas. And the occasional munchiebot shows up to buy your pizzas.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 24, 22:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol that would be cool. I'd use it.

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 24, 22:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

me too.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 24, 22:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get a forever fresh pizza box from http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=3932 and set the price yourself in SimPE.

Fail.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 24, 22:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another hack I've been wanting is: the ability to sell only onetype of clothing at a store. Womens clothing only, mens clothing only, Mens suits only, formal wear only, etc.  Has anyone seen a hack like that?

Are you telling me that the mens' only clothing store in Bluewater Village actually sells clothing for both sexes?  I wouldn't be surprised if it did, but why specify one sex only if it doesn't? 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 24, 23:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decorative. Clothing racks come in men and women's racks, but all racks have everything.

Besides, the townies don't actually buy anything when they buy clothes, they just take something off the rack and add it their bags.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 24, 23:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought you could suggest an outfit to them and they'll wear it?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: