More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 08:56:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Game crashes on start-up... problem with kernel32.dll?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game crashes on start-up... problem with kernel32.dll?  (Read 2452 times)
FuzzySham
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Game crashes on start-up... problem with kernel32.dll?
« on: 2008 September 04, 22:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there! First of all, I have to admit that I'm totally nervous about starting a new topic here (because I'm not a native speaker, so I'm sure that I'll sound very stupid... feel free to P&L), but I think I've got a major problem with my game.
I have all EPs + SPs up to AL (some bought, some arred). I wanted to fire up my game today, but after clicking the "play" button in the launcher, it didn't do anything (dropped right out of the queue, checked it with task manager). So I thought: "Meh. Those damn .cache files again..." I deleted them, but that didn't help. Next, I tried opening Body Shop, but as soon as I clicked on the button, it threw this nifty little "The application has crashed & will now terminate" error.
So I rushed over to my "The Sims" folder and as I wasn't feeling like wading through all of my downloads again (my downloads folder is relatively new, no tight pants there!), I just moved the whole sims folder to my alternative hard drive.
Didn't help. So I checked out my logs, and the respective one said something about an access violation with "Exception module:  C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll".  Huh I guess that's pretty bad. I additionally made the mistake of uninstalling AL, but I forgot that I had deleted my iso, so I had to arr it again, and of course the same thing is now happening with my Freetime EP: Game doesn't start (I also tried starting directly from the exe, not using the launcher), Body Shop throws error. When I mount the AL iso and try to install, it throws an error and closes the installer. I don't think that my problem's got something to do with graphic/sound, as the game had always been running alright with my current setup, and there was a time when I had about 9 GB in my downloads folder and it didn't matter. Well, apart from never ending loading times.  Tongue
Is there anyone out there who feels like helping me, please?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Game crashes on start-up... problem with kernel32.dll?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 05, 00:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You speak English most excellently!

I've seen other people write about the same problem, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Freetime first? Either that or there is a way to uninstall the EPs straight from the registry. Someone here will be along who knows how to do that.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
FuzzySham
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Game crashes on start-up... problem with kernel32.dll?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 05, 00:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whew! I just found out that I still had a copy of the Freetime .iso lingering around on my PC. So I'll try un-/reinstalling just like you recommended, witch. Thanks for answering!  Kiss

edit: It's not working. Same thing is happening with Bon Voyage now. Well, I don't really feel like uninstalling all of my Sims games now, so I'll just wait and see if someone's got another idea. I'll try not to panic, but watch my SPORE torrent advance with incredible speed. Says it will be done in 4 days. Roll Eyes

Another edit just to say my game's fine now. I had to go as far as to reinstall/repair/whatever Windows, which took me about an hour, but at least the game is working now. Sorry for bothering you!  Undecided
« Last Edit: 2008 September 07, 09:31:22 by FuzzySham » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: