More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 07:25:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lifestories hoods?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lifestories hoods?  (Read 5089 times)
Samethana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Lifestories hoods?
« on: 2007 May 26, 11:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is someone still working on them to make them compatible with TS2? I remember when it just came out everyone was going to give it a go, but I never heard of it again. I've tried a lot of times, and sadly it never worked  Embarrassed So I was just wondering if there are any people who got them to work, and are maybe willing to share them  Smiley
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Lifestories hoods?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 26, 12:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try looking in the Life Stories Stuffeths Thread (under Peasantry) for the houses (empty), the terrains, the walls, the floors and the stuffeths.

If you're actually looking for the working Neighbourhoods you're out of luck. It isn't (so far) possible to simply port or easily convert. And I (for one) do not relish the effort that would be involved if we went the recreation route. For a start you couldn't do it in base game and I'm too lazy to do the seven and more versions people would want for different installations/compatibilities sake.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 26, 15:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it work for TS2.I play with FreePLay hood from LS already more than month.But it seems problem may be with EP installed on your PC.If you have all EP it must work,but seems you can use only clean hood without Sims from LS .If I remember I've copied Four Corners.sc4 from LS SC4Terrains folder to the same folder for TS2,then started  LS and in FreePlay hood moved out all sims from houses and then DeleteAllCharacters.And after this I copied N002 from LS Neighborhoods folder to same folder for TS2.But if you have in your TS2  Neighborhoods Directory folder wiith same name(I mean N002 Strangetown)remove it before copying N002 from LS.Must work.In any case you can try in this way. Smiley
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 26, 16:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In spite of what Alexx said, do NOT use DeleteAllCharacters.  This has been broken for several EPs now.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 26, 16:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to move N002 from LS to TS2 you must have clear template of hood from LS.And of course in this case Character folder must be empty.And also I can notice(for somebody I Know) Wink that command DeleteAllCharacters not my favorite,but I use it if need it,because it's standard game command as many others commands in game.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 26, 18:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that command DeleteAllCharacters not my favorite,but I use it if need it,because it's standard game command as many others commands in game.

and as you have been fuckin told over and over, it is broken and people should not fucking use it 
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 26, 19:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you in bad mood .ask your husband or boyfriend to kiss you.Or roughness U.S .style to communicate?
Lot of peoples don't use SimPE,and if you know some other way to make clear template in LifeStories without tools-simply explain it and without f...
« Last Edit: 2007 May 26, 19:35:09 by Alexx » Logged
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 26, 19:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to break your game, you can do whatever you want, Alexx, but those of us who know better will continue to warn people who might not. Especially when there's someone like you around suggesting it despite being told repeatedly about the problems it can cause.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 26, 19:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had only explain what exactly I made for playing LS hood in TS2.(without using SimPE)
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 26, 19:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need SimPE to delete Character Files wrong.
Samethana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 26, 20:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess I'm stuck then with playing two different games  Roll Eyes
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 26, 21:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you in bad mood .ask your husband or boyfriend to kiss you.Or roughness U.S .style to communicate?
Lot of peoples don't use SimPE,and if you know some other way to make clear template in LifeStories without tools-simply explain it and without f...

You can stop being condescending and sexist now, thank you.  Angry

I rarely use SimPE, but have the ability to read, and Delete All 2: Electric Boogaloo, the thread, has more useful and non-game-fuxx0ring advice.

Delete All Characters is the fastest way to turn your hood into a flaming pile of unplayable nuclear slag, and some people do not enjoy reinstalling the game or losing their hoods due to following willfully stupid advice from total strangers.  Roll Eyes

The game is buggy enough without you suggesting a technique that is KNOWN TO CAUSE PROBLEMS, regardless of whether it worked in the past or works for YOU now. Go on, though, keep using it, but don't come back here to get help with fixing the FUBAR'ed mess you will eventually wind up with once you have a hood, lots, and characters you actually like and want to keep around for more than a few months.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 26, 21:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess I'm stuck then with playing two different games  Roll Eyes
Eh, not truly. As Alexx said (and I'm removing the repeated bad advice), you can copy the .sc4 terrains from My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Simstm Life Stories/SC4Terrains. Paste these into My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/SC4Terrains. Now you can use these terrains to create new neighborhoods.

If you give half a crap about the character in the game (eh) then you can use SimPE to clone them and then go into CAS and make sims using the saved files. I've never done that myself, but there is a thread around here that goes into it. Make sure to use the latest version of SimPE as that's the one that recognizes Life Stories.

If you don't want ye ole Maxis crap townies, use SaraMK's clean templates.

I really wish Maxis would dump the stuff packs and make something like Life Stories for the "normal" game.
Go on, though, keep using it, but don't come back here to get help with fixing the FUBAR'ed mess you will eventually wind up with once you have a hood, lots, and characters you actually like and want to keep around for more than a few months.
No, please do come back for help, I need a good laugh.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 26, 22:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can stop being condescending and sexist now, thank you.  Angry

Faster than a speeding bullet, you...  Cheesy  I couldn't wait to get to the top of this thread and reply, only to find you'd beaten me to it. Now I'm merely intrigued by the 'roughness US style' - what do you people do then? Do you kiss and hug and fuck differently to the rest of the world? Why didn't anyone tell me?

I still say we need to introduce Alexx to Gali.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: