More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 02:07:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone here care to try and fix these glitches?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone here care to try and fix these glitches?  (Read 7281 times)
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Anyone here care to try and fix these glitches?
« on: 2007 September 15, 00:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. World music speakers play Salsa music
2. When it's time for work, if I cancel the icon (to lets say, get in a shower before I click on the icon and go to work) the carpool car drives off.
3. I can no longer 'Accept Delivery' with Grocery, Chinese Food and Pizza people, I have to wait till they give up and set the stuff on the ground
4. The windows are glitched. On the inside, they're dark as if they're outside. Also, the snow is on the inside of the windows, not outside.
5. My neighborhoods play buy and build mode music, I've had this glitch since University

Thanks, all of them except for 5 came with BV. I have no hacks except for the Anti-Tour Guide hack.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Anyone here care to try and fix these glitches?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 15, 01:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4. The windows are glitched. On the inside, they're dark as if they're outside. Also, the snow is on the inside of the windows, not outside.
Your windows are installed backwards. Turn them around.

5. My neighborhoods play buy and build mode music, I've had this glitch since University
Feature, not a bug.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 15, 01:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the snow is something that you can't do anything about. I know that the windows that came with seasons, the ones with the shutters, always have some snow powder on the insides.

You are lucky with the car pool driving off. Since BV, if I click to cancel the taxi, it won't freaking leave! I haven't noticed if the car pool drives off or not.

The music that plays on community lots, seems to be techno, for me. Or else, I some how fucked up my mp3 placement when I was placing my own music in the game.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 15, 06:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3. I've not seen this problem since the base game.  Is the delivery person actually ringing the doorbell.  Are they also going to the front door?
You can actually grab the food basket from the delivery sim with Moveobjects on, stick it on a counter and tell your sim to put it away.

Zephyr Zodiac
LizzyJ
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 15, 08:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to hijack but didn't want to start another glitch thread, but the disappearing windows have returned. As in, I put windows on my second level but they disappear and just leave holes in the walls. I know this happened with OFB, any one else have it?

My imaginary god is better than your imaginary god.
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 15, 08:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your windows are installed backwards. Turn them around.

Feature, not a bug.

They're not backwards. I have them both ways right next to each other and they each have snow on the inside.

Also, 5 is irritating. It might have been a good feature back with the first few expansions, but now that there are 10 or so neighborhood songs I want them to play instead.
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 15, 10:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. When it's time for work, if I cancel the icon (to lets say, get in a shower before I click on the icon and go to work) the carpool car drives off.
3. I can no longer 'Accept Delivery' with Grocery, Chinese Food and Pizza people, I have to wait till they give up and set the stuff on the ground

It's YOUR GAMES that is glitched, not THE GAME itself. I've never had such problems with mine.

LizzyJ --> My windows are dissapering as well. I've noticed the patern in that but I don't remember what it was.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 15, 11:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windows turning into holes is not a new bug, it's an old bug. It's caused by using walls-down mode. If you use walls down mode, windows can visibly disappear and be replaced by wall-cutout holes. To avoid this, switch to wall-cutaway or wall-up mode, and your windows should return after you mess with it a bit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 15, 11:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windows turning into holes is not a new bug, it's an old bug. It's caused by using walls-down mode. If you use walls down mode, windows can visibly disappear and be replaced by wall-cutout holes. To avoid this, switch to wall-cutaway or wall-up mode, and your windows should return after you mess with it a bit.

Or you can switch to wall-cutaway or wall-up mode then save and exit the lot and re-enter. I get this bug a lot when building stuff.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 15, 11:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you can switch to wall-cutaway or wall-up mode then save and exit the lot and re-enter. I get this bug a lot when building stuff.

Switching from build to buy mode and back again usually works too.

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 15, 11:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not for me Cheesy Tried that lots of times before, but no dice. Sometimes I have to switch n'hoods back and forth to clear it. Depends which version of Sims I am building in.

LizzyJ
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 15, 12:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry I hate seeing walls, and I hate stupid things that shouldn't even happen! *grumbles* I'll see if the solutions here work

My imaginary god is better than your imaginary god.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 15, 13:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This appears to afflict ALL BV speakers. A fix for this is available now. Do not comment on this issue unless it doesn't work.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 15, 15:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're not backwards. I have them both ways right next to each other and they each have snow on the inside.

I believe Pes was commenting on the darkness on your windows, not the snow. The snow is always there, I believe it has something to do with how they meshed the sills. The game seems to see the lower sill as outside.
Your darkness and light problem may also be a light modification. Do you have one? Or maybe the scriptorium? It will automatically install one I believe, if you do not unclick the boxes.

As for #2-#3 That is a problem with your game as far as I can tell. I can't double check for you because I'm having some custom issues, BV seems to not tolerate the amount of custom I have.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 15, 20:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I admit, I'm getting 2 as well. If you cancel the carpool thing, the car drives right on off. Quite annoying.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 15, 21:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shouldn't be a problem if you use BUY and make sure they get up in time and you have enough toilets/showers in the house.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 15, 22:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew for sure that some windows are broken and do not let the light pass through, so it is possible that other new windows are as well. One of the OpenMe windows is; there's a couple of fix on MTS2, one by MaryLou (global) and one by Windkeeper.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 15, 22:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The did fix the Open Me window in the Seasons patch, I think it was, or maybe before - does this mean they've broken it again....

Zephyr Zodiac
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 17, 03:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This appears to afflict ALL BV speakers. A fix for this is available now. Do not comment on this issue unless it doesn't work.
I can't find it, where is it? *ducks to avoid burnation*  Shocked
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 17, 03:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9659.0.html

New shiny things released by JM are found in the Firing Range.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: