More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 04:50:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  WOW EA admits to a cock up
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: WOW EA admits to a cock up  (Read 26652 times)
HarleyBarbie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: WOW EA admits to a cock up
« Reply #50 on: 2008 April 13, 12:25:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hiya all,
Maybe this is a stupid post but it's my first one. I'm not a newbe I'm a lurker, been trying to read before I speak  Grin

I was reading EA's site and had a question?
Here is the post I read from the site...
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=af0e6c010e9a5076852043768446ffc2&directoryID=217&startRow=1&openItemID=item.217,root.1,item.43,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

Subject:  Patch workaround 

Hi folks,
We have tracked down the problem.
Creating an outfit on the sewing machine changes the skins.package, thus not allowing the patch to modify that file during install. We have fixed the problem and are testing it now. We hope to have a new patch out to you very soon.

If you would like to install the patch now, you can copy the skins.package from the DVD and overwrite the one you have on your machine. This will delete any outfits you may have already created on the sewing machine.

Steps to replace skins.package:
1. Insert The Sims 2 Freetime, Disc 2 or DVD.
2. Locate compressed.zip folder.
3. Unzip TSData\Res\Catalog\skins\Skins.package to desktop.
4. Copy new skins.package (from your desktop) to the location that you have installed the game. Default location is here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins,
5. Confirm File Replace, Yes.
6. Run The Sims 2 Freetime Patch again. <----- now if you patched Freetime again wouldn't it over rite the file you just replaced?  Huh   
 We are very sorry!!

Wouldn't this fix the skins file that messes with the CC in the game.
Couldn't you could leave the patch installed skip step #6, and not have to un and re install the game and not have to mess with your NOCD.EXE also???

Hope this helps

HarleyBarbie 
LizzyJ
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 April 13, 14:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Red is bad on the eyes.

My imaginary god is better than your imaginary god.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 April 13, 14:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

6. Run The Sims 2 Freetime Patch again. <----- now if you patched Freetime again wouldn't it over rite the file you just replaced?  Huh   
 We are very sorry!! [/color]
That is exactly what it's supposed to do, yes. The idea is to replace it with the original, undamaged version, so the patch program can recognize it and make the relevant patch changes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tayooga
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 April 13, 15:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Red is bad on the eyes.

It is not. It is a super fun colour that makes people look extra special. Others might not be able to detect the speshulnezz right away, so using a different font than everyone else will make it undeniably obvious.
HarleyBarbie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 April 13, 15:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So sorry about the red color just thought it would be an attention grabber for peeps not to have to go through all the un, re  & CC hassle  Embarrassed
I also couldn't believe somone would tell you to go through the mess of finding the files replacing them and then repatching the game only to mess up all the hard work you've just done?
Seems kind'a silly to me  Wink

Hope this helps
Thanks  J. M. Pescado

Harleybarbie  Wink
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 April 13, 15:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also couldn't believe somone would tell you to go through the mess of finding the files replacing them and then repatching the game only to mess up all the hard work you've just done?

The problem is: the patch refuses to run unless it can find the original (unmodified by the game) file.  EA's mistake was in allowing the game to modify this file in the first place - very bad programming practice.  So, their solution is to go back to the original file, which at least allows the patch to run.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 May 06, 19:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So sorry about the red color just thought it would be an attention grabber for peeps not to have to go through all the un, re  & CC hassle  Embarrassed

Hope this helps
Thanks  J. M. Pescado

Harleybarbie  Wink

In the future, highlight the text you are quoting, and then hit the little speech bubble on the toolbar. This will put the text in a little
quote window.
Does the same thing you are trying to do by making it red, but much easier to read.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: