More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 16:56:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Ottomas family in Seasons - normal brokenness and more brokenness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ottomas family in Seasons - normal brokenness and more brokenness  (Read 65908 times)
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: Ottomas family in Seasons - normal brokenness and more brokenness
« Reply #75 on: 2007 March 19, 02:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

after reading all this, that I'll just delete them from there. 

Is that a VBT?  Will my computer become a BFBVFS?

Well you obviously haven't read all posts, so perhaps you should re-read the whole thread.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 March 19, 11:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well as I found them ugly and boring little things, no matter who was their father (and the rest of the family, worse), I wasn't willing to accept them at all. But it'd take a great deal more than two ugly and wrong-fathered/born on the wrong side of the blanket kiddos to convince me to delete a neighborhood I cared about.
I'd be reaching for the backup file in that case. I mean, you DO have a backup file, right? You pretty much have to have one before you install an expansion.

But frankly, having defective crud in your neighborhood and persisting purely because of sentiment is not a good recipe for long-term success, as rather than initiating immediate recovery and cleanup, you just thrash your files more and when your indiscretions catch up with you, your neighborhood truly will be unsalvageable.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 March 19, 15:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: "ugly" children

The Ottomas-Wan twins in my game turned out quite nice, as did Samantha's sixth child (by Peter this time).  Much better than of poor Malcolm Laandgrabb's offspring.

I've noticed all the toddlers are a tad odd-looking since Seasons, but they grow up just fine.

Besides, having Sims who are uniformly "beautiful" isn't appealing to me, as my beauty has never been of the physical variety.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 March 19, 16:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes, you are so funny.

Of course I have a backup - before and after install. (and inbetweens, but that's beside the point.) And if the missing parent of the twins had come up as a pet or something, I'd probably go back to a backup, even if I lost something as I have absolutely no idea what pet genetics would do. But I don't see how having Patricia Wan set as the father (or some random male or female sim in my own neighborhood) is going to cause long-term problems. I regularly have gay sims have children, some of them even from affairs, and so have a female 'father' that is not the person living with the mother (with the help of Two Jeffs hacks) and haven't seen it break anything yet. What are the long-term consequences?

Unsouper
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2007 March 19, 17:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing that bothers me about the borked genetics (even though I don't have Seasons yet) is that EAxis fucked up - it's the principle of the thing. Even if it doesn't cause a BFBVFS, it's still messed up and it *shouldn't* have happened in the first place. Stupid EA.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 March 19, 17:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He he... these two have not improved with age as of yet.

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 March 19, 17:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He he... these two have not improved with age as of yet.

Aww .. they're precious :-)  If Thing 1 still has those chipmunk cheeks as a teen, try a different hairdo or some skillfully applied make-up -- just like real life ;-)

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 March 23, 09:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once I got Seasons and realised the bloody Ottomas family was in every neighbourhood, I rushed off to get SarahMK's blank template for the new hidden sub-hood.  As I had only just set up my two new neighbourhoods just before Seasons came, I was waiting for Pescado's ok on the no-respawn hacks (and to reinstall them) before I went back in to them (the new neighbourhoods were completely clean a la Jordi/SarahMK).  What I found - to my considerable relief - was that the untouched new hoods didn't generate the Ottomas family (or the other one) with the blank template hood in place.  I thought they might generate on install of the EP but they don't generate until you enter the hood - at least with pre-existing neighbourhoods.  I haven't tried with a new hood and, frankly, nothing on Earth would induce me to remove SarahMK's blank template for Seasons. 

Inteen for AL, yay!
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2007 March 25, 05:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too had Patricia Wan as the "father" when Samatha gave birth.  The thing that pissed me off is the kids looked like her, I wouldn't have minded who the parents were but I had already done a replacement on the Ottomas family so they'd have cute kids and lo and behold, here they come with black hair and blue eyes.  I used SimPE to fix the family relationships, making sure to go through all the memories, the dead relatives included.  Everything went fine until one of the twins went to college and Patricia was the one to take them there.  When I went back into SimPE, all the memories of the birth of THAT twin were  back throughout the Wan family.  I didn't save the boy's growth, I just closed out of the game, fixed the family tree again, removed all the memories then made sure to just place the twins with existing families on campus and made sure NO parent was present when they entered college.  It's worked fine now.  Peter is the father, Samantha is the mother and no one in the Ottomas family knows who Patricia Wan is... Roll Eyes

BellaRusse
Tasty Tourist

Just what it says on the tin

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 April 09, 21:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, I'm new here (doesn't excuse the necromancy I've just been accused of, but hey  Wink).
This problem has just happened for me yesterday. I only noticed it today though, when I saw that one of my sims, Josef, had the Ottomas twins as his grandkids and his child-aged daughter as their 'father'.
I read through this thread, but I don't really understand how to fix it. I don't trust myself to fiddle around with programs I don't know how to use in order to fix it, and I don't want to nuke the neighbourhood to fix it, either. I made a back-up the yesterday (I think), but I don't remember if that was before the twins were born. Other than that, I haven't made any back-ups in years - very naughty of me, I know, I know. Any suggestions? In eejit terms, thanks. Tongue
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 April 09, 22:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, I'm new here (doesn't excuse the necromancy I've just been accused of, but hey  Wink).
This problem has just happened for me yesterday. I only noticed it today though, when I saw that one of my sims, Josef, had the Ottomas twins as his grandkids and his child-aged daughter as their 'father'.
I read through this thread, but I don't really understand how to fix it. I don't trust myself to fiddle around with programs I don't know how to use in order to fix it, and I don't want to nuke the neighbourhood to fix it, either. I made a back-up the yesterday (I think), but I don't remember if that was before the twins were born. Other than that, I haven't made any back-ups in years - very naughty of me, I know, I know. Any suggestions? In eejit terms, thanks. Tongue

You should download the seasons patch before playing the family that will fix it.

May all your fears & worries come true.
BellaRusse
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 April 10, 12:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should download the seasons patch before playing the family that will fix it.

Sadly I've already played on the family and the twins have been born - anything I can do now to salvage it? I have no idea how to use SimPE and I don't trust myself to download it and fiddle around with it. I suppose I could just get the back-up and see if they have been born in that. Thanks anyway.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 April 10, 13:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once the twins are born, you can use SimPE to change the family tree but you can't change the genetics.  (They probably look better if Peter is not their dad, though -- he makes UGLY babies!).  If you can't use SimPE, you're just out of luck, I'm afraid.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 April 10, 13:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once the twins are born, you can use SimPE to change the family tree but you can't change the genetics.  (They probably look better if Peter is not their dad, though -- he makes UGLY babies!).  If you can't use SimPE, you're just out of luck, I'm afraid.

Couldn't they use Insim? You can remove family ties with Insim and then reset them to the right family member. Easy enough for those who are too terrified of Simpe, there is very little they could actually get confused about, especially if they use Insim object edition because then they could just use the relationship object and would only be fooling around with the options related to the relationships.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 April 10, 15:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I didn't know Insim could do that -- have never used it.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

BellaRusse
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 April 10, 16:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm afraid I've never used SimePE and I'm too scared to try it. What is the worst thing that could happen whilst using it? Is it possible to actually make your games unreadable or something equally terrible? If not, I might consider it. :p

Couldn't they use Insim? You can remove family ties with Insim and then reset them to the right family member. Easy enough for those who are too terrified of Simpe, there is very little they could actually get confused about, especially if they use Insim object edition because then they could just use the relationship object and would only be fooling around with the options related to the relationships.
Insiminator is very easy to use, is it? Is there anything I could do on it that would potentially annihilate my game? Thank you, I'll see about that.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 April 10, 17:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before making changes to your game with any kind of editor, it's always advisable to make a back-up in case something doesn't go well.  Yes, you could mess up your neighborhoods or characters, but if you've made a back-up, you're in good shape.

SimPE has gotten easier and easier to use over the years, in my opinion. Still, it can be a bit overwhelming if you don't feel confident in your ability to pick up and use unfamiliar software.  Based on your questions, I don't think I'd recommend that you use it.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 April 10, 18:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I didn't know Insim could do that -- have never used it.

Doesn't TJ's Simblender do this as well?

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009 April 10, 18:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it does. I use the SimBlender a lot to set up my jerked over townie families. Dayuma's quadruplet siblings are actually the genetic children of her and her grandfather and born of her body, yet they show properly as siblings using the Blender. The grandfather doesn't show properly on their tree due to the fact that they have no parents, for all purposes.  The Valerios....Walter is genetically the parent of his brother Nicolas, who was co-fathered by Flint Kitamura. But with the Blender, severed ties to Flint so that he doesn't show as family and Walter shows as a sibling.

And so on and so forth...a good 1/4 of my families wouldn't be possible without liberal use of Inge's teleporter cat and TJ's SimBlender. Plus, Free Love household group marriage had issues with half the relationships not posting over as marriages. Fixed now.

Changing relationships with SimPE is easier than it looks. I used to do it that way all the time, but it's so much quicker to use the Blender if I don't have anything else that requires SimPE at the time.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009 April 10, 18:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never used SimBlender, either.  Once I started using SimPE, that was it.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009 April 10, 19:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never used SimBlender, either.  Once I started using SimPE, that was it.

I switched from Insim to SimBlender during the ZOMG!!Insim-takeover!!11 episode.  I like SimPE, but I like the ability to make 'in-game' changes that the 'blender permits, without all that exit game, start SimPE, modify, save, start game, realize I forgot something, curse, rinse, repeat thing.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2009 April 10, 20:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...save, start game, realize I forgot something, curse, rinse, repeat thing.

Oh boy, do I hear you on that one!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
BellaRusse
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009 April 10, 21:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all your help, I fixed the family tree using InSim. The memories are still wrong, but hey, I don't think there's anything I can do about that. :p Smiley At least one thing's sorted out.
SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009 April 13, 21:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's see ... I've played the Ottomases (or Ottomi? Can someone confirm which it is?) in three neighborhoods.

- In one both twins were born without errors, though they had another Sim in the nhood as the "father" (originally an NPC waitress). And, of all things, Daddymom has the "marry off 6 kids" LTW, so the twins would fulfill that — if I let them live.

- Before that, I decided to test out the screwup with the father of the twins in another neighborhood. I didn't get as far as I had hoped because I got error messages before either came. Unfortunately I didn't record what the error was, and I think I just ended up deleting Sam altogether. Is that okay? The nhood either has been deleted or could very easily be if needed.

- I put them down in a third nhood but the twins haven't been born there.

How bad can it really get if I don't do anything? Where have I already messed up? And what should I do now?

(Yes, I've read the whole post. I just want to make clear what I might have missed or misunderstood, since I do both rather easily when it comes to technology)
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009 April 14, 00:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's see ... I've played the Ottomases (or Ottomi? Can someone confirm which it is?) in three neighborhoods.

(Yes, I've read the whole post.)

Subject:  Ottomas family in Seasons - normal brokenness and more brokenness

Need I say more?   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: