More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 20, 12:04:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Launcher not working. help needed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Launcher not working. help needed  (Read 4769 times)
Mamoa
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Launcher not working. help needed
« on: 2009 November 19, 18:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just reinstalled the Sims 3 because I needed to get back a file I deleted and now when I try to open the launcher it says "a problem has occurred" and "windows is searching for a solution to the problem", can anybody offer any help, I only reinstalled so I could get the new patch.  Huh

Thanks for any possible help  Grin

EDIT: corrected capital letters and any grammar mistakes as advised below.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 19, 22:12:13 by Mamoa » Logged
violetlass
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Launcher not working. help needed
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 19, 20:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you do a registry uninstall(manual from EA), sometimes when you uninstall the game it leaves files in the registry which can become corupted and cause the came not to work. If you need help with this I can dig up the post on EA?

DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 19, 20:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the file name correct? For example, on my many frustating uninstall/reinstalls trying to get WA to work, I finally noticed that the launcher on my Sims 3 disc had magically turned into a ".ex_" file. Yes, the disc literally turned the e at the end of the exe into an underscore, and was fucking everything up. But it could be just me. Either way, check the file names.
Mamoa
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 19, 21:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the launcher to work but now it has stopped working while I was trying creating a Sim.
Luckily for me my sister has a Sims 3 disc so I used hers which installed properly and I patched but then when I was creating the Sim it just stopped, I could move the mouse but nothing responded. I guess this could just be one of those problems but I'm planning to get WA tomorrow so hopefully it'll be sorted out tomorrow or in the near future but if I still have problems I'll come back here to this post.
thanks for the help.

EDIT: grammar, capital letters and punctuation has been change as advised below.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 19, 22:15:16 by Mamoa » Logged
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 19, 21:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're playing a neighborhood where awesomemod was being used, then don't. Wait until the next version comes out. Your awesomefied neighborhoods will have serious issues.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 19, 21:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear Mamoa:
Please read this thread and this one. Violetlass, you could do with a read-through yourself.

This is not a race. Take time and write your issue out clearly so that everyone can understand you. Otherwise you will receive no help or snark. Note that replying to this with some sort of bitchery will result in a dogpile of snark. You have been warned.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Mamoa
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 19, 22:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear Mamoa:
Please read this thread and this one. Violetlass, you could do with a read-through yourself.

This is not a race. Take time and write your issue out clearly so that everyone can understand you. Otherwise you will receive no help or snark. Note that replying to this with some sort of bitchery will result in a dogpile of snark. You have been warned.

Thanks for the warning, I didn't realise, I'm sorry.

Are my corrections right?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: