More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 17:33:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Yey!!! My brother is now a newly-converted TS2 freak!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Yey!!! My brother is now a newly-converted TS2 freak!  (Read 11698 times)
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Yey!!! My brother is now a newly-converted TS2 freak!
« on: 2006 January 02, 14:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He started playing Ts2 last week after getting sick of Starwars galaxies (he played it for over 2 years...) and thought it a lot of fun.
Then he borrowed my legal copies of the base game and Uni and now he has decided to buy it himself. He found it hilarious and he loved the cowplant of course.  Roll Eyes

Finally I have someone IRL to talk about my simmies with!

INTJ
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
Re: Yey!!! My brother is now a newly-converted TS2 freak!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 02, 17:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haha! i'm dreaming of converting my boyfriend into a TS2 freak too! but it'll take a very long time...in the meantime i can only talk to the guys here about sims2 haha!

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 02, 17:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're lucky...I still have no one in real life to talk to about it.  Everyone I know thinks I spend far too much time playing "that damn game!"
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 02, 18:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no one either, really.  Or at least, no one who plays obsessively, as I do.  I have a friend who plays a TS1, but hasn't bought TS2, and doesn't plan to (because of computer issues).  My mom plays, but I'm lucky if I get to talk to her at all, so when we do, it's not usually about sims. Roll Eyes

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 02, 18:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I could get someone in RL addicted to TS2 so I would quit looking/feeling like a freak.  LOL  The boys at my local Game Stop see me coming.  I went in to buy video games for my husband and son for Christmas and they said, "Call of Duty 2?  Knights of the Old Republic 2?  That's not your usual.  Have you reserved your copy of Open For Buisness Yet?  We just opened up the pre-orders, and you know that if you don't pre-order, it won't come to town."  Yeah, I know.  LMAO  So I gave them my $5.  What the hell.  Sad
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 02, 23:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha Cheesy

You freaks. Anyways, me and my sister are the Sims freaks in our family. Aside from maybe one friend who played the original sims, I don't think I know anyone else IRL really. Well, there is my sister's best friend who also plays. Actually, it was because of her best friend that I found out about MTS2, which lead me eventually all these other sites and of course MATY. Before then, I never even really knew about or trusted game mods. Tongue Now here I am, actually making a few. Hehe.

Anyhew, my sister's still been playing her Legacy Challenge. I dumped my old game(s) and restarted. And for the first time, we started to notice some wacky bugs in her game just the other day. One time, her game just crashed to the desktop, with no warning or error message. This was while she was on a group outing. When she went back into the game, her sim was back home, but the Group Outing meter was still up. Tongue She then went to a Downtown comm lot and her group magically reappeared and exited the taxi with her. Roll Eyes Suffice it to say, her Outing was only So-So.

She also had been downloading and installing lots from MTS2. Despite using the Clean Installer, some hacks managed to sneak their way in, including an older version of the phone hack, as well as what I think was Wintermuteai's (sp?) old mailbox hack. Tongue She clicked on the mailbox to pay her bills, and she freaked out when she got like all these other options. At first, I thought she might have turned on the boolprop debug mode/cheat, but then I realized it had to be a hack. I was afraid that these were all signs of her game turning into a BFBVFS.  Undecided There was also this freaky moment where she cancelled out an action on her sim's queue, and the sim's body turned around but his head did not. That was just plain ugly! I was like great, an excorcist hack?  Shocked

Well, I cleaned out her hacks, and sure enough, she did have the mailbox hack and some other objects that snuck in, like some of christianlov's npc object stoves and whatever. Stupid people packaging junk with their lots! Oh well, I guess I should review how to properly use the Clean Installer with my sister though. Tongue

Oh yeah, and one more thing. Hehe. I did something kinda evil in her game, but she hasn't even played it yet. She started to make a custom neighborhood with a copy of our family that I made (my teen selfsim, along with our parents and a selfsim of her). She had also made some of her college friends as YAs for her to use in Uni. Well, while I was toying with her setup, I actually made a sim of her exbf, and then I used SimPE's Sim Surgery to change one of the dormies into him. I also used the InSimenator to change the dormies name. That way, he would be an unselectable dormie in her game! Muhahahahahah!!! I'm waiting for her to actually play long enough to send her selfsim to college and then see what her reaction is, if she even notices. Lol.  Grin

Ste

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 02, 23:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're lucky...I still have no one in real life to talk to about it.  Everyone I know thinks I spend far too much time playing "that damn game!"

Ditto Cheesy

I wish I could convert my boyfriend but he's solely curious about what the woo-hoo looks like in game.  I think he'd be disappointed. Grin

<insert witty comment here>
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 03, 00:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sister thinks I'm mad, and if I mention it, she goes all "I'm bored of this", but I'm not allowed to be bored with her doll-making activities, her gardening or her water-colour painting!  And when I mentioned that I'd removed the censor blur, she decided I was a pervert!  LUckily for me my neighbour's 12 year-old son enjoys the game, so I do have SOMEONE to talk to about it!

Zephyr Zodiac
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 03, 04:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 12 yo daughter will listen, but she doesn't really enjoy playing.  I, too, am the only Sims obsessed person I know.  My husband thinks I'm nuts, yet he will sit in front of Country Music Vids for hours, or worse - an entire evening of network TV!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 03, 07:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we all have our little obsessions, and we should therefore learn to be tolerant of other peoples' obsessions!  And I detest the way in some marriages the husband has a particular fixation, (football, cross country running or whatever) and the wife, who had no interest in that kind of thing at all before meeting him, appears to become obsessed too! I mean, she may be a genuine convert, but mostly I think it's because he expects it, or she thinks it's what a good wife is supposed to do!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 03, 07:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...the only other Sims 2 addict in my family is my cousin. I converted her! At least I have someone to talk to...

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 03, 07:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL! I am glad I am not the only lone simnut out there. My hubby just complains about my obsession with it and refuses to talk about sims with me.
But now my brother is hooked I might be able to talk to him about it, although I think he has an unhealthy obsession with the cowplant... Tongue

INTJ
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 03, 09:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless you have two computers this is no good thing...  Tongue
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 03, 12:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that is so cool.   I converted my daughter about three months ago.  I had the sims2 dvd version and the cd version,  so I gave her the dvd version and she loved it,  she bought all the ex-packs for Christmas.    Grin

I have a old friend who used to live here and he just moved back home from Las Vegas and he is thinking about converting to the sims, he asked me if I would get him started.   I said "sure" but now I feel kinda guilty, the poor guy does not even know what he is in for.   Wink
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 03, 14:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 12 yo daughter will listen, but she doesn't really enjoy playing.  I, too, am the only Sims obsessed person I know.  My husband thinks I'm nuts, yet he will sit in front of Country Music Vids for hours, or worse - an entire evening of network TV!

That's my pet peeve!.  My boyfriend complains about me "wasting my life playing that damn game" but he spends his free time surfing or watching TV.  How is that any worse?  And realistically, if I wasn't playing TS2, I'd probably would be watching TV or reading Sci-Fi.  Not especially worthwhile.  Our Comedy network here has a motto "Time well wasted" That's a good one to apply to TS2.

The only thing I feel a little sorry about is that I put aside my feeble art efforts.  But I can only have one obsession at a time, and as I said, my talent is pretty limited.

Another thing that bugs me is that he says only teenagers play this game.  I got news for him (not that he would listen lol)
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 03, 15:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hehe. i bet most of our boyfriends or husbands would act just like the sims when we try to convert them into TS2 freaks. you know, stuffing their fat fingers into their ears and yelling 'la-la-la'. by the way, i noticed most of the opposing members are male. are there any exceptions?

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 04, 08:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless you have two computers this is no good thing...  Tongue

We are both all grown-up and have moved out from home some time ago, so no problem there.

INTJ
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 04, 09:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hehe. i bet most of our boyfriends or husbands would act just like the sims when we try to convert them into TS2 freaks. you know, stuffing their fat fingers into their ears and yelling 'la-la-la'. by the way, i noticed most of the opposing members are male. are there any exceptions?

My spousal unit is male and enjoys playing with pixel people. Smiley He mostly enjoys making them and creating backstories, and playing them a bit, but doesn't like building houses because he has as much design sense as our cat. He's got some amusing families started - my favourite is the time traveller who brought back Freud and Tesla, and is now living with them in a house in Pleasantview. Tesla is a grouchy old man and looks frowny whenever he catches Freud romancing some young woman. Cheesy

He plays less often than I do, since for me my neighborhoods are elaborate projects and I tend to get a bit obsessed and focused on my projects, where for him it's something he can play for a day and then put down for a month.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 04, 13:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love what you did Syber.  HAHA! 

My hubby thinks Sims is the biggest waste of time.  But, yeah, sitting in front of the TV for six hours straight is justifiable.  Hmph.

I did convert someone though!  A 50 year old lady from our church.  Her daughter played Sims too.  When I started talking to her about making my whole family, etc. she went and got the game.  She recreated her whole family and neighborhood, etc.  Built all the houses.  Now we talk about it every Sunday morning! 

My kids just love the game.  Now, if I could get my born in game children to not look like they came from Edvard Munch's nighmares, I would be golden.  LOL

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 05, 15:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, i love what syberspunk did too! be sure to update us when she does find out bout the sim ex-boyfriend!

haha, i'm still in the process of converting ANYONE into a sims2 freak..i swear, it's either these guys are immune or i have 0 in charisma points Cheesy

haha, Edvard Munch..

Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 05, 16:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I converted my son to the game when he was 7 with TS1.  I had lost interest in the game and he ended up with all the EPs.  When Sims 2 came out I was brought back to "the cult". 

The only time my beau is interested is when I get a new sexy outfit for a Sim.  I've always said I was a mouse potato and he was a couch potato.  My beau was never a gamer, but I converted him to a gaming with games like Battlefield and Call of Duty.  Since I hold no interest in those types of games I now understand more the gaming gap when he tries to "tell me something funny" that happened in his game and just save my funny stories for my son.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 06, 20:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I converted one of my good friends to Sims2 the other day. He had heard me talk about all the funny things that happened to my sims, and decided the game looked like fun, so one night when he was over here and we were bored of just sitting around, I started up the game and let him have a go. He made a male sim who he gave lots of makeup, and then proceeded to take this sim out on many dates, and have him fight with all the grand vampires, and so on. It was rather amusing, but after two hours of watching him play I fell asleep on the couch. In true proof of how addictive the game is -- he played for another six hours before waking me up and leaving. I told him that next time he comes over to play the sims, he'd better bring like half his record collection so I can have something to do while he plays.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 07, 02:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-- he played for another six hours before waking me up and leaving. I told him that next time he comes over to play the sims,

Haha he sounds like one of those visitors sims that spends most of the night playing chess on your lot and then leave in the wee hours of the morning, while you are sleeping
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 08, 04:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one sis-in-law who plays--sometimes--I think.  I haven't talked to her in a while and last I did (months ago) she was pretty busy with other things.  Other than that both my daughters play occasionally (although one much prefers to create and the other doesn't manage to get as much time on that PC), one niece who plays TS1 (mainly downloads furniture and builds houses), two nieces and two sisters who play console versions of one or another.  I think at least one of my sisters will get TS2 for PC after we manage to get her a new PC later this month or next.  I've told her a lot about mine and she goes into drool fits! LOL  Of course, it's all my other sister's fault that I ever got into playing games to begin with.  SHE bought the Nintendo systems way back when and got me addicted!  Grin

My hubby spends his spare time in his 'secret laboratory' working on projects like windmills and Bedini motors and he really doesn't mind that I play games on my computer.  We spend quite a bit of time together, too, but we really don't share many interests.  Our main common interests are sci-fi and food.

I have in-laws who constantly say they don't have time for this kind of nonsense.  I say people have time for what they want to do.  If they want to play TS2, they make some time.  If they want to watch movies they make some time.  If they go fishing, go to a health club or whatever, they make the time.  I've watched several of them for years spin their wheels doing things that look like they just do them to stay busy.  Well, I don't pretend to be busy.  I do what needs done and when I have spare time and/or health problem flare-ups I sometimes spend quite a bit of time playing computer games.  I do have some other interests, too, like jigsaw puzzles, gardening and embroidery.

cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 09, 09:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no real life friends either  Wink ( That play Sims 2, I mean- obviously). My boyfriend made me and him in a house back when i only had the sims 2, but tried to play again after i installed my expansion packs, and complained for 10 mins how slow it was before shutting down the computer. I forgot that last time i played that lot, it was 10 to 7.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: