More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 15:53:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Autonomous career selection
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Is this a good idea?
Yes - 45 (44.1%)
No - 9 (8.8%)
Maybe - 22 (21.6%)
Huh? - 3 (2.9%)
GRILLED CHEESE!!! - 23 (22.5%)
Total Voters: 95

Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Autonomous career selection  (Read 11740 times)
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Autonomous career selection
« Reply #25 on: 2006 September 11, 17:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tracking LTW would conflict with Pescado's ltwvariety hack.

Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 September 11, 17:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a bossy simmer.  I know that's an oximoron.  Anyway, I believe giving sims choices like allows them to mess things up.  Look at how maxis sims have jobs that don't match thier life path or LTW.

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

Lurker since July 29, 2005!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 September 11, 19:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd have it.  And I would also like an automatic aspiration and turnons decider for those who become teens.

I've always wanted this too.
KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2006 September 11, 19:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, not sure if you were meaning this but could it be made so that a sim can be auto placed in a career? Possibly even above their qualifications. Ex. such as automatically making a sim an Astronaut.

Now there's an idea: More accurately simulate the real world by allowing sims to get jobs above their level of competence (whether through family or money or other influence).

There would need to be consequences though. Take the hypothetical Astronaut. An unqualified sim getting that job would need to have a 300% increased chance of his space ship a splode.

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
stormygsa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 September 11, 23:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about interests being a factor?  I admit that most of my sims are Celebrity Chefs, but I too have quite a few custom careers and am actually working on creating my first career.  The idea intrigues me. Undecided
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 September 12, 00:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about interests being a factor? 

Pescado's ltwvariety hack does take interests into account when the game assigns a LTW (or reroll for a new one).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 December 23, 11:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*blows dust off the old necronomicon & sacrifices the virgin.*

Okay, to start from the beginning...

A few days ago I stumbled across this thread & before I got to it's conclusion my computer went foom. So for some reason I thought the hack had actually been made & I've spent the last few hours searching desperately for it, intending on adding it to my game right this minute. More fool me.

So, at the risk of being pelted with rotting carcasses & whatever else you guys have to hand, I have to ask - is anyone even considering working on the autonomous job hunting hack, or has it been buried at the bottom of the too hard basket, like the hack for getting Darren Dreamer to be worth the time & effort?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 December 23, 11:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dustbin. Dizzy doesn't want to do it, and I think that such a thing would be physically impossible under the current framework, which does not include any way of querying or polling for what a sim actually wants.

Besides, the game effectively does this for you anyway, via the LTW. You're pretty much strongly suggested to choose it, particularly if you have LTWvariety and the choice will thus actually match up.

In short, this ain't happening, except BADLY, in ways that will surely piss you off, and also, Necromancy is Bad, m'kay?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: