More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 01:12:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Binned hair sharing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Binned hair sharing  (Read 55095 times)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Binned hair sharing
« Reply #125 on: 2006 April 03, 22:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just add 1 to any clothing or hair flag to hide it.

flag 0x00000008 becomes 0x00000009, flag 0x0000000A becomes 0x0000000B, etc..

This'll leave all the sorting intact.

Clothing/hair hidden this way will not appear in the catalog unless testing cheats are enabled in CAS, but /will/ be available for uniform plotting. I've fixed the Maxis chicken pre-order this way and hope to hide all the other uniforms this way as well.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2006 April 04, 18:42:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone remove the extra textures and elder colors from melodie9's hair that she made for all ages?

Actually simsbaby, if you look at the size of those recolors for Melodie9, they are all fairly small compared to most of the hair packages.   Around 199 to 292 kb.   They also all only contain two actual textures except for one of the bobhair ones which was 1795 kb  Shocked

There was actually 16 textures in there but the rest only have two, so I followed Pinhead's instructions and checked all the stdMatBaseTextureName fields and deleted all but two of the textures, same as the others.  They only thing I had to do with Melodie9's was properly bin them.

Hope this is helpful.

pinhead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2006 April 04, 19:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi twistingsims! Smiley
sorry take some time to answer you. I just didn't notice your post before.

(would I need to change the name in the FileList tab too?)

isn't required change there (in Filelist). The game will read the stdMatBaseTextureName of TXMTs to render the texture.

Quote from: twistingsims
Thank you Pinhead, I did try copying "afhairlonglayer - brown" and pasting it in janna's stdMatBaseTextureName field, but it didn't change the texture's color in Bodyshop.  I also noticed there isn't any "ufhairlonglayer" TXMT's or TXTR's in the search results which is usually what I have been seeing in the FileList tabs.   The reason why I was wondering about that is because there is no efhairlonglayer - grey just afhairlonglayer - grey  and I didn't know if that would help to point to Maxis's grey texture or not.

sorry. In fact you need to point the exact name of the texture. You are saying "afhairlonglayer - brown" but must be "afhairlonglayer-brown" (without spaces)
and sorry that i said a wrong name. I didn't touched the TXMTs of those hidden meshes and i didn't know what is the exact name of those textures.
elder textures generally is afhair..-grey (when is maxis textures, not cloned). So, if is grey is for elder. Doesn't matter if is using af or ef in the name. Smiley

So I guess this also means I cannot point to any maxis textures for any new meshes by creator's eh?  If not, I guess I will have to live with the colors there.   Sad

sometimes you can't. If the creator changes UV Maps you may find the texture messed in the mesh. So, sometimes is required to use the same
texture that the creator included. In fact, that tip to copy the Filelist name to stdMatBaseTextureName is to call a maxis texture for ages that were not created
a mesh. Those ages are using the maxis mesh and the texture is included by bodyshop in the package. So, is wasting space and making the package bigger.

If possible and I wouldn't be out of line in asking, could you PM the ones that you did, just for the found female set.  I don't really care about the male one until someone can fix the wild animation of it.  It's just crazy  Shocked

Thank you for listening  Cheesy

yes. i can send to you. no problem. Smiley
in fact, the size of the package is just 19kb. Cheesy
wild animation??? i didn't saw wrong animations with that hair yet.
the male hair is using the same size of the female (19kb). if you like, i can send both and then you see that isn't exist wild animation.
at least some townies of my neighborhood are using and i didn't notice anything wrong with that hair...
« Last Edit: 2006 April 04, 19:34:27 by pinhead » Logged
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2006 April 04, 20:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you please send them to me too?

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2006 April 12, 22:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran my hair files thru the plugin. I like it. It's easy and has some great features. I found a few files that wouldn't go 'thru' it, but there were just a few. I trashed them. What a great addition to SimPE!
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: 2006 April 12, 23:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently made my first attempt at "binning" hair using Theo's plugin, and the hairs didn't show up at all in game. I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions carefully, but still could have made a mistake along the way. Is there anything I should be aware of / look out for or any common reason they might not show up in the game?

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2006 April 12, 23:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I can help! Hope you haven't deleted them.

Atfirst, mine wouldn't show up either. my cc all showed up but the hair I had run thru the plugin did not. I started reading around and I came across some thread talking about hair and clothign not showing up. the solution was--get this!:

Take everything out of the game DL folder.
Delete the folder
Install anything using the Maxis installer (I had a sim sims2pack sitting aorund)

That makes the game generate the dl folder.

Move everything back into the new DL folder (in the game folder)

THAT worked for me. Weird, yep. Maxis has out done themselves, eh?

Good luck.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2006 April 12, 23:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange - but I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2006 April 14, 03:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again, pinhead thankyou for replying. hope u got my pm  Cheesy

If possible and I wouldn't be out of line in asking, could you PM the ones that you did, just for the found female set.  I don't really care about the male one until someone can fix the wild animation of it.  It's just crazy 

yes. i can send to you. no problem. in fact, the size of the package is just 19kb.     wild animation??? i didn't saw wrong animations with that hair yet.     the male hair is using the same size of the female (19kb). if you like, i can send both and then you see that isn't exist wild animation.   at least some townies of my neighborhood are using and i didn't notice anything wrong with that hair...

I actually found at um (name not spoken) new meshes by DJ Mur, had redone both female and male hidden meshes and fixed the animations of both, however now the female has no animation.  Sad    I do hope yours does, as I do like the animated hair styles.  I did replace the male hidden mesh in my game, but if you can tell me how to take a picture in CAS of a sim with the male hairstyle, I  can show this wild animation if you like.

Also thank you for clearing up the changing of the stdMatBaseTextureName only when those ages do not use new mesh.

Chezzie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2006 April 14, 20:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can one find this new binning tool...or is it only available to the awesome Grin

I'd like to try binning again and this sounds easier
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2006 April 14, 21:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://theos.home.sapo.pt/ts2/index.html

And there's a thread about it here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php?topic=3844.0

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Chezzie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2006 April 14, 22:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Motoki,

I didn't see that thread there...off to try this binning thing again Roll Eyes
stormygsa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2006 April 15, 16:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki and everyone involved! Now I think I'll be able to do this myself!

Wink
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2006 May 18, 12:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have the XMS hairs properly binned and aged?  Some of you know I lost all my d/l and I'm trying to rebuild.  I had just finished geneticizing all my eyes, skins and hairs and POOF.  Point and laugh JM, you know you want to.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2006 May 18, 13:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* J. M. Pescado points and laughs at Dumb Cwieberdink-Type-People.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2006 May 18, 13:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry  ugh!  Fae, that's awful!

I just KNEW there was a reason to not have much in the way of CC!

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2006 May 18, 14:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have the XMS hairs properly binned and aged?  Some of you know I lost all my d/l and I'm trying to rebuild.  I had just finished geneticizing all my eyes, skins and hairs and POOF. 

I have a couple of them, I can send them to you later. Properly aged though, nope.  I totally skipped that part.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2006 May 18, 15:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just finished doing some, but I don't know about the aging part.  I mostly got rid of the unnecessary toddler and child colors using Theo's tool.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: