More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 12:35:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "get rid of food wants" hack wanted
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "get rid of food wants" hack wanted  (Read 9973 times)
sherbertsmoothy
"get rid of food wants" hack wanted
« on: 2005 August 01, 00:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

food wants really bother me because i get three or four of them at a time, sometimes when the sims arent even hungry, and it seems like such a waste to have them there. i would rather have wants with social interactions and stuff. another problem i see with food wants is that children have different ones than parents, and it takes so much time to serve two meals to satisfy them both! does anyone think they could make this???

thanks, sherbert
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: "get rid of food wants" hack wanted
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 01, 02:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I build "double-kitchen equipment": 2 stoves, 2 mixers, 2 microwaves, and 2 toaster ovens. 

When the kid's food want clashes with the parent - I choose the kid's want first, because he has the less aspiration points. When the parent's wish clash with the spouse, I check which one has less aspiration points, and he gains the wished meal.

Hack for getiing rid of the food wants is no good, because the sim gains cooking points during the cooking. I think you have to maneuvre among the food wants, according the aspiration points.
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 01, 04:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just ignore their wants and feed them whatever I think they should have.  Cheesy I find the aspiration points you get are so low, it's not worth all the hassle preparing special meals for each sim. If I'm going to fulfill a small-point aspiration, it's going to be something quick like "play", where you can just go tickle someone, or something they were going to be doing anyway, or something that is easy and within reach.  Cheesy I really only fulfill their influence-point wants now, or big-ticket ones. And as long as they're in green I pretty much let them be.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 01, 04:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. You hit LTW, and you don't have to mess with all those little wussy wants, unless you really want to. Permaplat is a good thing.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 01, 07:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sherbetsmoothy, you have posted this request in multiple places at the same time.  If each of the hackers you have requested it from start work on it not knowing other hackers are also working on it, you will have caused the Sims community to have some valuable time wasted.   In order to do my bit at preventing this waste of time, I have banned you from making requests at simlogical in the future.   Please read all posting rules on forums you visit.

It is good practice and good manners to see if the first person you make the request from will be able to do it or not before asking the next person.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 01, 08:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If each of the hackers you have requested it from start work on it not knowing other hackers are also working on it, you will have caused the Sims community to have some valuable time wasted.

What? Are we being paid by the hour now?  Tongue

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 01, 08:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, well you could look at it this way:  If it weren't for modders making free objects, users would start demanding Maxis released more object packs - which would obviously cost money.  So our time *translates* into money for the users Cheesy

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 01, 08:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I look at it this way: if I'm racing you to build the next mousetrap mod, I will win dammit!  Grin Nothing like a little healthy competition, too.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 01, 09:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's up to you if you want to spend your time doing more or less the same as someone else is doing.  Maybe you feel you have eternity stretching ahead of you.  If I was starting to make a mousetrap or whatever you're using as an example, and I found out you were starting to do the same thing, I would stop work on mine and move onto something new.   Too short a life, too many new challenges...

Let me know if you're intending to do a Sims2 Hospital project, cos people have started asking, and I would welcome any excuse not to have to approach it Smiley

nothingbutsims
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 01, 09:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oooh - a Sims2 hospital?!  I had much fun with the TS1 version!
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 01, 09:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't get too excited yet, I've got a hell of a lot to learn about Sims 2 modding before I can even make the first plans for something that complex  Cry   I'm having enough trouble with the school, though fortunately prison is just a case of doors locking at the right time, so I've got a good set of stuff for that already

nothingbutsims
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 01, 11:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'll try not to but you're awesome when it comes to hacking/modding and that's no lie  Wink.  Your TS1 hospital totally rocked!
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 01, 11:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks  Smiley  :hugz:

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 02, 01:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the kid's food want clashes with the parent - I choose the kid's want first, because he has the less aspiration points. When the parent's wish clash with the spouse, I check which one has less aspiration points, and he gains the wished meal.
Mine seem to never want anything but porkchops and spaghetti, and occasionally salmon, because this is the only thing I ever feed them. Actually, technically, I don't even feed them anymore, Macrotastics does.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 02, 02:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are obnoxious. Never get food wants when they are hungry, but it seems like as soon as I give them permission to eat the wants reroll, and the whole thing is full of wants for five different meals. Sheesh!  Huh

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 02, 11:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always ignore the 'food want' and it seems to go away after a while. I have found that if I keep giving in to them, they roll up continously and clog up the want slots. Might just be my game, who knows, but those idiotic wants are rather bothersome.

The most truly idiotic want is the 'buy clothes' want. It's not rewarding enough to waste a lock on, and that's what you have to use, since the want re-rolls and disappears as soon as you hit the community lot. I've become so used to just ignoring it, I've never even tried it in conjunction with JM's clothing buyer tool. I have to remember to test that. Other than that, as soon as they hit permanent platinum and they accumulated enough asp points to last several life-times, I tend to ignore the want slots altogether.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 02, 11:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most truly idiotic want is the 'buy clothes' want. It's not rewarding enough to waste a lock on, and that's what you have to use, since the want re-rolls and disappears as soon as you hit the community lot. I've become so used to just ignoring it, I've never even tried it in conjunction with JM's clothing buyer tool. I have to remember to test that. Other than that, as soon as they hit permanent platinum and they accumulated enough asp points to last several life-times, I tend to ignore the want slots altogether.

G.

I haven't seen it work with the "shop at home" mod, but then again, I pay very little attention to the clothes wants also and it's been months since I tried it.  So I could be mis-remembering.

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: