More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 12:10:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  More Hospitality for Visiting Family & Friends?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Hospitality for Visiting Family & Friends?  (Read 7874 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
More Hospitality for Visiting Family & Friends?
« on: 2005 July 30, 04:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, this is something that's bothered me since the start.  When I go visit a member of my family or a close friend, I expect to be treated somewhat differently to the way they would treat a stranger who happened to be passing by their house that they decided to run out and 'greet'.  Similarly, I would treat them differently to a stranger I happened to 'greet' (not that I would).  In other words, family & friends (or at least best friends) should have more 'privileges' when visiting than passing obnoxious townies.  I'd like them to be able to prepare themselves a meal, have a shower, that sort of thing, like they would in 'real life'.  How many people would refuse their own child a shower if their grandchild puked all over them and force them to go home instead?  Makes no sense!  Is there any way things could be modified so close family & friends could have slightly better treatment?  It's especially silly when a child visits the home it grew-up in and suddenly can't touch half the objects in the house!  Maybe they can if they're invited to stay the night, I don't know about that because that option never works for me, they always moan and say there isn't a bed.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: More Hospitality for Visiting Family & Friends?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 30, 04:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I always resort to controlling them myself...  Shocked
Stupid sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 30, 10:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Visitors technically are allowed to use showers and other objects, but generally choose not to. Same deal with the food thing: They can, but they won't choose to. And why would they need to? They could go home and get their own food at less time and cost.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 30, 11:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I do find that very close friends and family members do more things.  They definitely help themselves to showers occasionally and I have seen one prepare a meal.  It tends to be the same categories of acquaintance who also self-greet and let themselves in.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 30, 12:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Visitors technically are allowed to use showers and other objects, but generally choose not to. Same deal with the food thing: They can, but they won't choose to. And why would they need to? They could go home and get their own food at less time and cost.

When encouraging them it sure is more efficient having them go back to their own home, only to be invited seconds later for more encouraging!
Active of course... and unfortunatly nice too.  Lips sealed

I have never seen visitors prepare meals or take a shower, heh.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 30, 13:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my sims feel "at home" when they visit my house. I use the Merola's Mind Control Mirror, and activate them all. Once Buck came to visit Buzz, and I gave him to cook meal. After that he cleaned the dishes like the others, and quite enjoyed it...Smiley.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 30, 13:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have very rarely seen visiting Sims take showers, but I've always put it down to some leftover effect from when I've taken brief control of them for whatever reason.  I do get them to cook meals sometimes, but I'd much rather it was autonomous.  It just seems unnatural that visitors who are 100/100 with the resident(s) have the same privileges (or lack of them) as someone they've just met, especially if they're minus with them.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 01, 06:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My visitors often have showers. Not sure why but I noticed that it happens more if you have the uni "no shoo" communal shower installed in a bathroom in your normal neighbourhood house. I have never seen a visiting sim make food, be it family or not.

But agree that it would be nice if they "made themselves at home". Even stay the night of their own accord if a spare bed is available.

scoob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 01, 10:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a link for the uni no shoo communal shower?  I was looking for that last week and I could not find it. Will it allow your kids to use it together?

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 01, 11:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, the communal shower is already a no-shoo deal. It is in my game, at least. Tongue

nothingbutsims
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 01, 12:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the community shower in my game and only the lot members use it, never visitors.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 01, 15:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever Don Lothario visits family members in my game (the Brokes, since he's married to Brandi) he has showers, can easily be influenced to cook (he's nearly reached his LTW of Celebrity Chef) comes over autonomously to meet the new grandchild and has made best friends with him before the kid is out of diapers!  If that isn't making himself at home, I don't know what is! 

Once I had left home, if I went back to stay with my parents, I did not make myself a meal etc. without asking first, or being asked.  If I just went for the day, my parents would not have expected me to turn round and make dinner!

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 02, 03:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have a link for the uni no shoo communal shower?  I was looking for that last week and I could not find it. Will it allow your kids to use it together?

Scoob, there is a nice white communal shower out there in download land which I use also. I hate the look of the uni communal shower. I will check tonight where I downloaded it from. It may have been 4ESF.

Zephy, I had a female sim who lived alone and had a baby to some sim guy. He was a romance sim and visited my female sim nearly everyday. I loved it. Plus he played with his kid lots. Its true that romance sims make awesome parents. I haven't had this happen with another sim before. I know they are basic pixel people, but sometimes its amazing how different they can be.

It was a great story as she was a humble knowledge sim who got knocked up by this stud. Her housekeeper (Remington) was there for her during the birth and they became great friends. Remington really dotted on her and always seemed cranky when the romance/father would visit. I was about to have them flirt together when yep, the door bell rang and it was the romance sim. So Remington never got his girl.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 02, 06:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor Remington!  But just think, if you moved him into the house, they'd have to get a new maid!

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 02, 06:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well this humble knowlege sim went on to have 8 kids with this romance bloke and they fired Remington and got that servant in a painting mod - Christov I think.

Something about Remingtons tight black pants, tight small butt and pink shirt just made me feel like my sim could be about to get it on with her "girlfriend". But he was very caring. I'm sure they talked about makeup and fashion together when in the hottub.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: