More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 08:54:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My Sim went to her final exam in her nighty!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My Sim went to her final exam in her nighty!  (Read 24691 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: My Sim went to her final exam in her nighty!
« Reply #50 on: 2005 September 07, 03:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, we call them bum-bags!  But I rather think that would be politically incorrect on your side of the pond!

Zephyr Zodiac
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 September 07, 04:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bumbag is definitely a better word.  BTW, it's not the word 'pack' that causes me any hilarity Cheesy

<insert witty comment here>
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 September 07, 04:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's the area of anatomy!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 September 07, 05:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's the area of anatomy!

Oops - well, you Brits have a strange sense of humor anyway.  Now 'fanny' is funny, but a pack definitely is not.

My mother, and again I must remind and defend the fact that she is also a Brit, always had a problem with the word Corny Dogs.  She tried so many times not to refer to them as Hot Corny Dogs, that eventually she lost all grasp of the concept and the 'H' replaced the 'C'.  That habit was even harder to break.

So what do you do about your Aunt Fanny? or your Nanny Fanny?  Surely you only snicker behind their back. 

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 September 07, 05:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To our friends in the UK - Please help us out here, we want to be politically correct about these things, like not referring to the dykes in the Netherlands.  Any other suggestions?  What does the military call them? HELP!
Actually in New Zealand, dykes call themselves dykes - it is probably THE most politically correct name for lesbians. Or queers would do.

Fanny is funny here too, we also call them bumbags.

Never met an Aunt Fanny or Nanny Fanny, people probably avoid contracting names to Fanny because of the negative connotations. The last Aunt Fanny I think I read about was in Enid Blyton's Famous Five books.

Oh and... my German mother had terrible trouble with the fruit 'Feijoa'* and the religion 'Jehovah's Witnesses'. She announced to my father one day that there were some feijoas on the doorstep wishing to speak with him. Smiley

*pronounced fee-joe-ah
« Last Edit: 2005 September 07, 05:25:57 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 September 07, 05:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually in New Zealand, dykes call themselves dykes - it is probably THE most politically correct name for lesbians. Or queers would do.

Oh my, that may be OK within the community, but that leaves so little slack for the rest of us who do not wish to offend.  It is hard to say anything anymore and be both sure and correct, no matter where you reside.  References change so frequently, it's hard to keep up with what is OK to say.

Now bumbag is funny, but it brings to mind a whoopee cushion, which some people use to call the doughnuts that you sit on after having your hemorrhoids removed.  It originally was for fun, but people never knew what you called the do-nut thing and whoopee cushion was the only reference they could relate.  See what I mean?

Speaking of doughnuts, do you leave the hole cutouts in place or do you remove them and buy the cutout bits seperately as we do here and which we mostly call do-nut holes?  I was thinking you didn't cut out holes, but filled them instead.

Oh and... my German mother had terrible trouble with the fruit 'Feijoa' and the religion 'Jehovah's Witnesses'. She announced to my father one day that there were some feijoas on the doorstep wishing to speak with him. Smiley

Funny you should mention this, I get feijoas ringing my doorbell at least once a month.  I am off now to the Emergency; I think I have hurt my self lauging at you mother's words and I may need sutures.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 September 07, 06:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in the Uk, originally doughnuts were filled with jam and covered in sugar, and you can still buy them like this.  However, you can also buy ring shaped ones, sometimes just called ring donuts, or sometimes American donuts (and usually the spelling is the oldfashioned way for the oldfashioned doughnuts!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 September 07, 06:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my, that may be OK within the community, but that leaves so little slack for the rest of us who do not wish to offend.  It is hard to say anything anymore and be both sure and correct, no matter where you reside.  References change so frequently, it's hard to keep up with what is OK to say.

If you're concerned, formality is probably appropriate, in which case you would use homosexual and heterosexual I guess.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 September 07, 06:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in the Uk, originally doughnuts were filled with jam and covered in sugar, and you can still buy them like this.  However, you can also buy ring shaped ones, sometimes just called ring donuts, or sometimes American donuts (and usually the spelling is the oldfashioned way for the oldfashioned doughnuts!)
Yup, pretty much the same here.

We used to follow the UK culturally, 'Mother England' and all that. American culture has made a huge impact here in the last 2-3 decades though and I think we are becoming quite 'Americanised', particularly as far as television culture, music, gangs and mass media type stuff goes. New Zealanders have a natural reticence though which doesn't always ally well with American, umm, forthrightness. Wink

Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 September 07, 07:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The old-fashioned doughnuts here are denser and cake-like and also deep fried.  They are quite a bit heavier and not glazed like the lighter, soft yeast-risen doughnuts.  They are usually just coated with granualated sugar, sugar and cinnamon or powdered confectioners' sugar.  Some places still make the old style with an extra side piece so it can be used as a handle for dunking in your tea or coffee and these are not usually coated at all.

We also have the yeast-risen, filled doughnuts, that have every artery clogging ingrediant that can possibly be incorporated into any one food.  They generally have at least a glaze, but most bakeries and consumers are not satisfied with stopping here.  The jelly-filled doughnuts, particularly with lemon curd, and a light granulated sprinkle of sugar are just fine in their simplicity.  The typical ring doughnuts are the same as the filled in respect to all the extras on top.  I don't know how they can get some much stuff on it and still hold it's shape.

I am not a doughnut fan, but I do like shortbread with my tea and yes, I admit I am a tea drinker not coffee.  My mother has made a pot of tea every morning for her entire life, this is one part of my heritage I can't let go.  Every Christmas I make her a Seed cake and she always gets a little teary-eyed with memories of home and her mother.

Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 September 07, 08:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kestran, wonders about the sanity of her Sims.

Don't worry about your Sims.  My youngest daughter is in college living in a dorn and she says this is not at all unusual in real life.  There are kids that wear their big fluffy slippers, too, especially during exams week.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 September 07, 12:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm going to put a nude skin into the game, choose it instead of Everyday and see if the sim streaks to his exam or stays in his PJs!

Zephyr Zodiac
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 September 16, 07:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As an ex-professor, I think they hit it spot on. (Although none of my students showed up to an exam nude. Drunk, yes.

So it would be Dr. Aardvark?  What did you profess?

Does flirting/woohooing with a professor actually get your grades up, or does it happen like it did to a friend of mine who went Back To School and dated his English professor?  She graded him more harshly than she did her other students in an attempt to not show any favortism.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 September 16, 22:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only done two post graduate papers, (then got bored with e-commerce stuff), but both my tutors behaved in much the way you describe Aardvark, ethical, tough but fair. As a genuine student, I valued that.

I really don't like the sleazy aspect of the game, wooing the professors, slutty wants for romance sims, there're a lot of aspects I don't play. Hacking is OK, there's a chance they get caught, that seems reasonable.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 October 08, 19:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't like the sleazy aspect of the game, wooing the professors, slutty wants for romance sims, there're a lot of aspects I don't play. Hacking is OK, there's a chance they get caught, that seems reasonable.

Well, most of my romance sims have got caught at some time or other!  And they don't like it!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 October 09, 00:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey ZZ where you been? Bin missing your chirpy presence!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 October 09, 05:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi!  I've had a bad bout of depression, so I've just hidden myself away and worked on a new neighbourhood!

And, talking about going to exams in nighties, I've got one that goes in Hairfish's nude pjs!  And another that's got the pjs and undies that keeps on asking to buy new clothes!  Coincidence or what?

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 October 09, 06:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sims going to the community lot in very revealing panties.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2005 October 10, 16:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, one of mine just went on a hot date downtown in her whispy nighty.
Honestly, SOMEONE should at least point and laugh.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 October 10, 16:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think sims are too wrapped up in themselves to notice anyone else!

Zephyr Zodiac
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 October 11, 05:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, one of mine just went on a hot date downtown in her whispy nighty.
Honestly, SOMEONE should at least point and laugh.

Mrs Crumplebottom is supposed to chuck a mental if she spots you in undies or swimwear - why shouldn't pyjamas count too?

<insert witty comment here>
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 October 11, 06:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in Sims1 I installed the rejuvenator in a room above the toilets in the park, and Mrs. C decided to rejuvenate and came out in the buff and wandered round for the rest of the session like that - and none of the sims noticed!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: