More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 12:18:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hula Dance
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hula Dance  (Read 4582 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Hula Dance
« on: 2007 September 20, 00:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever I try to direct a playable sim to join a hula dance, both the playable and NPC jump out of que.  Also it seems like theres a limit on how many people can join the hula dance?

Is it just me, or is the hula dancing a wee bit glitched?

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Hula Dance
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 20, 04:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had something frelling-up certain Playable Sims, such that they would kick out of any Group Dance  activity, and kill the action for all involved.

Fixed it by entering debug mode, shift-clicking on a regular radio, and forcibly setting dancing skill level.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 20, 04:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a known issue. Shift-click on a stereo and "Set Dance Skill High", this happens for sims that accumulated too much dance skill in older versions of the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 20, 22:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit, did not know this was a known issue.  Thats all a bit retarded, has this only been around since BV?  Is it something thats likely to be addressed in a EAxian patch?

Thanks Pes, Notovny, I'll give it a go...

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 22, 12:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a known issue. Shift-click on a stereo and "Set Dance Skill High", this happens for sims that accumulated too much dance skill in older versions of the game.
What happens if they're outside with just a speaker?  What do you click on then?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 22, 12:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit, did not know this was a known issue.  Thats all a bit retarded, has this only been around since BV?  Is it something thats likely to be addressed in a EAxian patch?
It only happens in old neighborhoods, where the code which incremented dance tokens would keep going above 10. Sometime along the line, this was changed to cap the dance skill increase, but nothing ever specifically used it as an index until now, so the issue would have gone unnoticed in any EAxis test case, as one cannot spontaneously generate a "played" old neighborhood. It is unlikely to be addressed in a patch, as the case which generates it is impossible. Since the "fix" for it is trivially performed in-game, we will not be releasing a fix for it either.

What happens if they're outside with just a speaker?  What do you click on then?
It doesn't matter where/when you do it. The fix only needs to be performed once on any given sim, anywhere, and they should stay fixed. You can even summon them to another lot and make them selectable just to do that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: