More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 22:29:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Falling asleep while eating?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Falling asleep while eating?!  (Read 15870 times)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Falling asleep while eating?!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 26, 21:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll have to use the "boolprop dormspecifictools disabled" (no quotes) cheat to access collections in dorms.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 26, 21:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll have to use the "boolprop dormspecifictools disabled" (no quotes) cheat to access collections in dorms.
Isn't it "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false" (also no quotes) to access collections in dorms, and enable Buy/Build when there's a fire/on a community lot?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 26, 21:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ermmmmmmm yes, I can't seem to get anything right these days. I blame it on hormones!

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 26, 21:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought I'd add a picture Wink

Former streaker Adam here, not impressing his mother in law to be. Can't work out if it's the fact that he is neked, or the fact that he can breathe whilst burried in mac and cheese that's making her look so shocked...

LMFAO

wow.

I seriously have to try this.

The energy bar is by far the most hated by me. It drains too quickly. So maybe I won't have to cheat to get them to do this.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 26, 21:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false" (also no quotes) to access collections in dorms, and enable Buy/Build when there's a fire/on a community lot?

Ok, never tried that - I don't use boolprop much.  Do you need to use it to access buy mode when you enter a dorm in build mode from the neighborhood screen, too?  I just tried to enter an empty dorm, and the buy mode is grayed out.  How can you change the objects (like beds and such) in a dorm if no one is living there?

I guess it's my day to be the town idiot.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 26, 22:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you need to use it to access buy mode when you enter a dorm in build mode from the neighborhood screen, too?  I just tried to enter an empty dorm, and the buy mode is grayed out.  How can you change the objects (like beds and such) in a dorm if no one is living there?

It will unlock the build options that are normally disabled (stairs, windows, etc.) as well as the full buy catalog in both live and build modes. AFAIK, it's the only way to change the furniture and structure in a dorm. It doesn't entirely make sense to me why the catalog is disabled in build mode without the cheat, but I guess that's just how dorms are coded.

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 26, 22:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That really doesn't make sense.  You can access buy mode in community lots and resi lots when you're building, so why not dorms?  Do you have to build a dorm first as a residential lot THEN zone it into a dorm?

Sorry, I've only been using what I got with the game.  Haven't actually tried building a dorm yet.  Too busy playing the game to get into that.  (I've only built one or two houses, which I use over and over again!)

Edit:  Yeehaw!  I now have reward objects in one of my dorms!  Thanks all!
« Last Edit: 2005 September 26, 22:33:30 by ElviraGoth » Logged

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 27, 22:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you need to use it to access buy mode when you enter a dorm in build mode from the neighborhood screen, too? I just tried to enter an empty dorm, and the buy mode is grayed out. How can you change the objects (like beds and such) in a dorm if no one is living there?

It will unlock the build options that are normally disabled (stairs, windows, etc.) as well as the full buy catalog in both live and build modes. AFAIK, it's the only way to change the furniture and structure in a dorm. It doesn't entirely make sense to me why the catalog is disabled in build mode without the cheat, but I guess that's just how dorms are coded.

... Do you have to build a dorm first as a residential lot THEN zone it into a dorm?

I guess it might have something to do with the Repo Man. I read somewhere on this forum (I think) that nothing can be repo'd if the YAs never bought anything new after moving in.

Changing lot zoning is the fastest way to have a dorm other than using those in the Lots and houses bin. I haven't built a dorm from scratch myself (just checked most of them out, chose one I liked best, used dormspecifictoolsdisabled cheat to customise furnishings then package for re-use) as I prefer more playing to more building, I've done enough renovating to be sick of it Tongue. I go back to the dorm in Build Mode to delete the career rewards objects once all of my YAs left the dorm (to move to the greek houses) as I've had several instances of my game crashing when I try to enter a residential lot where the rewards objects are still lying around, and I'm guessing it'll probably crash my game as well if I don't do the same for the dorms.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 28, 20:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only used the dorms that were there, and used the scholarship money brought in by the kids I move in to buy or change furnishings and such.  So when I decided I wanted to add the reward objects (which hadn't occurred to me before!) and I couldn't access the collections, I was disappointed.  I didn't realize that the dorm tools had to be enabled to do anything like that.

So I guess I'll need to get rid of the rewards when the last ya moves out.  Good to know.  Thanks!

Btw, I'm also not a builder, and I get tired of having to renovate every Maxis house I use, too.  That's why I made one or two houses that I packaged as files and just reuse them over and over, changing only the colors of the walls, floors, etc. when I place them and before I move a family in.  My hood looks like a typical suburb, where all the houses look pretty much the same.  Boring, maybe, but I'd rather play than spend a lot of time hassling with those stupid build tools.  They're pretty awkward to use.

I do, however, spend almost as much time making recolors of stuff (clothes and objects) so I can have a room actually have MATCHING furniture as I do playing.  If I want a  certain color, I'll quit the game, make the thing the color I want, then go back in and play.  I just got a new computer, so the time loading isn't as bad as it used to be.  (3.8 Ghtz, 800 fsb, 2GB RAM)

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: