More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 10:45:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Shaklin's Elevator Tutorial
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shaklin's Elevator Tutorial  (Read 3291 times)
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Shaklin's Elevator Tutorial
« on: 2005 October 07, 19:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone have an english version of a tutorial for the setup of Shaklin's elevator? I am having some trouble with it being accessible to the sims no matter what direction I face it. I made the elevator shaft 2x2 with a sliding glass door in front, just like the one pictured on his site, but my sims are unable access it. I have tried changing the position of the object inside the elevator shaft but still no luck. The link to the tutorial on his site (obviously its there because there was a need for one) gives a 'page cannot be displayed' error. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
Re: Shaklin's Elevator Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 07, 23:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always place the elevator at the "back" of the 1x2 box, with the arrow pointing away from where the door will be, toward the back wall.  The door goes on the opposite wall, and in the same spot on the floor above.

-----------
|<--    | (door)
-----------

Is that what you're already doing?

The only time I've had an issue with the elevators is when someone loiters in the spot just inside one of the doors (such as if they had to wait for someone else), having decided not to actually use the elevator.  Sometimes others get blocked from using it at all.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 08, 19:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time I click on mine it says "No actions available" or something to that effect. I'll try moving it around to see if that helps.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 08, 20:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eh, I never need to click on it to use it. I simply direct my sims to go to the toher floor, and they go to the elevator, warp up, and voila....

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 09, 13:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is an english tut for the elevator here:

http://daydream.etowns.net/

Click on the sims 2 button on the title banner, then click the "Templates/Tutorials & Tips" link.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: