More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 10:36:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Request: STOP SWOONING OVER ROMANCE SIMS!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Request: STOP SWOONING OVER ROMANCE SIMS!!!  (Read 23407 times)
The Loot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Request: STOP SWOONING OVER ROMANCE SIMS!!!
« on: 2005 September 25, 10:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can it be done? It's very annoying when every sim loses control when a Romance Sim is around.

And can it be transferred to only be done during other expressions of attraction... ie the Scope Room action... or just any other focus on a sim's attractiveness? Without breaking anything of course, unless you want to.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Request: STOP SWOONING OVER ROMANCE SIMS!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 25, 10:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I requested this a while ago...  no bites, though...  just the suggestion that I wait until after NL was released...  and as much as I'd like to see it done, nothing will be done until the existing hacks are upgraded for NL, I imagine...

Ness
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 25, 11:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, especially since His Awesomeness has yet to actually get Nightlife.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 25, 11:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed with NL that all Sims still swoon after Romance Sims, even though they have no flashes next to them and even when they have crossed out ones.  This is downright silly and should have been altered.  They even swoon after them immediately after having a massive row with them, or when they're -100/-100 and furious.  Very, very silly.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 25, 12:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed with NL that all Sims still swoon after Romance Sims, even though they have no flashes next to them and even when they have crossed out ones.  This is downright silly and should have been altered.  They even swoon after them immediately after having a massive row with them, or when they're -100/-100 and furious.  Very, very silly.

Hmm... maybe with another thread popping up about this it might be considered.  Maybe one of those "Here it is, now shut up and leave me alone" that we get every so often like the toilet hack.   Wink  Since attraction is now based on so much more it should be more "logical".  Hey, LOGIC isn't that enough of an appeal, mr. Old With A Long Beard?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 25, 13:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims always swooned over romance sims, this is just a different kind of swooning.
Personally, I never get tired of watching sims go ga-ga when a romance sim walks in the room. It's like comic-relief.  Cheesy

Instant gratification takes too long.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 25, 14:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

urgh!

I personally can't stand it!

I usually play knowledge or family sims - neither should be interested, yet they all go weak-kneed when a romance sim enters the room...  now that we've got a whole new attraction system, it would be nice to kill it completely.  My first thought was that it was backwards - should be the romance sim doing the swooning, and I think I'd still like that to be the case - romance sims go all gooey when someone that fits their turn-ons walks past?  sounds a much better idea to me!

Ness
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 25, 14:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll go with the rest and throw my support in for this. I think it's incredibly stupid for a sim to swoon over someone who just a minute ago they told me that the thought of them makes them want to vomit. Given the whole attraction system now it just really doesn't make much sense.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 25, 15:26:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What peeves me about romance sims is the cocky strut they have just before sucking face. The face fanning is also irritating, come to think of it.

Meh...
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 25, 16:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This annoys me as well.  I have one romance sim I intentionally made fat and ugly.  Now, why would every male in the room whistle and react when Charlene the fat, buck-toothed hillbilly walk into the room?  Even the happilly married knowledge and wealth sims who should have other things on their minds than woo hoo with ugly hillbilly women!?   Roll Eyes Trust me, if this was true, then I'd be a whole lot more popular.  LOL
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 25, 16:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL at fat and ugly.  Click on this link: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=85718&page=2&pp=25&highlight=baglady

I made THAT woman Romance and even my teens were swooning over her!  They won't anymore because I've changed her to Pleasure, although they wouldn't anyway until I can put my teen woo-hoo hack back in.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 25, 17:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, what everybody said.  This is among my pet peeves about the game.  It's banal, obnoxious, annoying, and throws me out of the story every time it happens.

Maybe it would help if someone could deliver a load of grilled cheese sandwiches made from Smart Milk to EA HQ.
sadiebutterfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 25, 18:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I have a few dog-ugly Romance sims and am sick of people swooning whenever they see them. I wouldn't mind if fellow Romances continued to swoon, since they are totally undiscerning by definition, but having loved-up Family sims lust after these grots is a little unrealistic for my taste.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 25, 18:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally agree, I was hoping they'd remove the "everybody swoons over Romance sims" thing with Nightlife seeing as there is now a seperate "attraction" system. but they are still doing it and it makes no sense as there is a "proper" attraction system now.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 25, 18:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I have a few dog-ugly Romance sims and am sick of people swooning whenever they see them. I wouldn't mind if fellow Romances continued to swoon, since they are totally undiscerning by definition, but having loved-up Family sims lust after these grots is a little unrealistic for my taste.

If they're ugly, why did you make them romance sims? lol, sounds like that's your own doing to me.  Cheesy

Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 25, 18:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exaggeration is often useful in helping to prove a point.

I myself would like to see this changed, especially when those delightful Maxis-made romance sims walk by (the ones you swear you saw last week on Wild Kingdom?) and my sims swoon and wolf whistle.  If romance sims are more or less, by definition, sluts, then it should be they who go weak kneed and make an embarrassing spectacle of themselves in public.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 25, 18:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they're ugly, why did you make them romance sims? lol, sounds like that's your own doing to me.  Cheesy

Simple.  Their not good for breeding so no use in making them an asp that would ever gain points having a kid.  I wouldn't mind a mod where Romance only swoon over other Romance or not swoon at all.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 25, 18:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of people have complained over the swooning.  I guess it's pretty unpopular.  For myself, I can take it or leave it.

But it has one good use:  If you don't like playing romance Sims, it's nice to have an indicator that some Sim you are interested in having your Sim marry is a romance Sim.  Just take the swooning to be a red flag to tell you to back away quickly.

Of course, with Nightlife you can use the Senso-Orb to change their aspiration once they're playable, so that's no longer that much of an issue.  Before Nightlife, it was vital.

Note: I've seen non-romance "sims" swooning over romance "sims" on the Internet, but it usually takes a couple of social interations first. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 25, 19:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it has one good use:  If you don't like playing romance Sims, it's nice to have an indicator that some Sim you are interested in having your Sim marry is a romance Sim.  Just take the swooning to be a red flag to tell you to back away quickly.

Of course, with Nightlife you can use the Senso-Orb to change their aspiration once they're playable, so that's no longer that much of an issue.  Before Nightlife, it was vital.

With Nightlife you can also pretty much piece together what aspiration a sim is even if you don't control them by asking them what they want, and maybe also what they fear, a few times. And when you go on dates you actually even get to see all their wants.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 25, 20:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You also get to see their aspiration, too...

I'm thinking now that there is a decent attraction system in the game, killing it completely wouldn't be a bad idea - although, I could certainly tolerate having it reversed so that it's the romance sims who do the attraction thing - it would make more sense...  Even the I have really bad chemistry with you but still want to woohoo you silly thing... 

Ness
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 26, 01:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But only when their aspiration meter is green, OK?  Cheesy

Azkar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 26, 03:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have NL, yet, so can't really comment on how things are working with the attraction system in place.

Personally, though, I always saw it as sort of like rock stars.  Most of them are butt-ugly with the personality of a toad, but that doesn't stop the swarms of groupies ..
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 26, 04:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But only when their aspiration meter is green, OK?  Cheesy

Hey, if you can't get back into platinum aspiration after ending up with a Grilled Cheese Sim, you are in big trouble!  It helps that GC aspiration can make grilled cheese any time of day. Smiley

Or did you mean to *intentionally* turn the Romance Sims into Grilled Cheese Sims? Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 26, 06:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I think I'd prefer Romance to Grilled Cheese!
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 26, 06:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

not me. I detest Romance sims. I'd like to punish every last one of them by making them ALL Grilled Cheese obsessed!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: