More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 14:28:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A list of aspiration according to zodiac signs of townie/NPC
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A list of aspiration according to zodiac signs of townie/NPC  (Read 11510 times)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
A list of aspiration according to zodiac signs of townie/NPC
« on: 2005 October 29, 06:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea if anyone came with this list before in here, in case someone did I am sorry to duplicate.

After taking much notes I notice there is a pattern in the game and it will allow always the same aspiration to a townie/NPC Sim depending to their zodiac signs, here is a list of what I came up with:

Aries are Popularity aspiration
Taurus are Romance aspiration
Gemini are Fortune aspiration
Cancer are Family aspiration
Leo are Popularity aspiration
Virgo are Knowledge aspiration
Libra are Romance aspiration
Scorpio are Fortune aspiration
Sagittarius are Knowledge aspiration
Capricorn are Fortune aspiration
Aquarius are Family aspiration
Pisces are Knowledge aspiration

Mr. Big, Diva and other downtown NPC are an exception since I think they are always Pleasure or fortune Sims.  So far this list did not fail me and I hope it can be useful to any of you.

This list, I hope for you too, can be really useful if you want to know which aspiration a Sim have since we cannot ask that to a townie nor NPC.

I also notice since I install the Nightlife patch that asking a zodiac sign to a Sim do not set a crush anymore.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 29, 21:37:24 by Missdoh » Logged
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
Re: List of aspiration according to zodiac signs of townie/NPC
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 29, 06:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mr. Big and Diva are an exception since I think they are always Pleasure Sims.  So far this list did not fail me and I hope it can be useful to any of you.

Actually the Diva and Mr. Big are Fortune sims. And they have similar if not identical personaliies.

The slobs are the ones that are pleasure sims. And the Grand Vampires I think.

and I hae noticed this myself and posted something similar some time ago.

I find it very annoying that aspirations and astrological signs are linked like that. It's booooring.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: A list of aspiration according to zodiac signs of townie/NPC
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 29, 07:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is boring but in another way it is useful so you know what you will get when you make a townie/npc move-in with your Sim.

So far, I modify most of their signs using boolprop testingcheat and on a few I used the renuyu-u aspiration reward and change their aspiration.

Sorry to hear you already posted about that Andygal, It was not my intention to copy your work.... Lips sealed
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 29, 07:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I actually posted some stats from a BBS aquantince  of mine who has moved in a loooot of NPCs so it wasn't really my work. Tongue
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 29, 07:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I actually posted some stats from a BBS aquantince  of mine who has moved in a loooot of NPCs so it wasn't really my work. Tongue

oohhh good, I feel a little bit better now as long as the mafia of that other website does not barge in here and try to get me  Tongue  And thanks for correcting me about Mr. Big and Diva.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: List of aspiration according to zodiac signs of townie/NPC
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 29, 07:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think your statistics  is true.
In my game (custom neighbourhood) Komei is a Scorpio/Fortune,  Aiyana - Scorpio/Knowledge,  and many other townies - which I look at their zodiac sign with the SimPe, or the Merola's Mind control Mirror - contradict your conclusions. It's purely random.

There is a joke about the statistics: A heavy drinker got up each morning with headacke. He decided to make a statistics from what he gets the headacke. So in Sunday he drank Viski and Soda, in Monday - Jin and Soda, in Tuesday - Vermut and soda, in Wednesday - Shampaigne and Soda, in Thursday - Wine and Soda, in Friday Rum and Soda, and in Saturday - 777 and Soda.

His conclusion was, that he gets the headacke from Soda...Smiley.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 29, 07:25:27 by gali » Logged
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 29, 07:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spspect that the pregenerated townies/downtownies that come with the game may be different. But so far every new sim generated in my game has followed the rules.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 29, 07:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol Gali, I love your statistic comments...  Smiley

Well so far with the townie the game create (in a custom neighborhood too) that list did not fail me and I have taken notes of that for a long time, it does apply to YA townie students too, but I guess it could be in my game.  I did not check if that applies to new created townies after I moved a few in but it did so far to regular townies and downtown townies that I deleted and recreated using the deleteallcharacters cheat and creating them back with boolprop testing cheat.

Since I have no hacks so far in my game, could it be the reason why we are not coming with the same results?

P.S Did you created the "EP2 NPC" in that neighborhood? I notice they end-up with weird LTW not related with their aspiration maybe it did the same thing in regards of their Zodiac signs?  Huh

EDIT:  It applies also to the townie/NPC in the 3 pre-made neighborhoods. I check today and it did not fail me so far.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 29, 23:31:18 by Missdoh » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 29, 07:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spspect that the pregenerated townies/downtownies that come with the game may be different. But so far every new sim generated in my game has followed the rules.

Thanks for supporting my theory  Tongue
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 29, 07:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey it's my theory too Cheesy
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 29, 07:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey it's my theory too Cheesy

You are right.. I'm a bad girl lol...
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 29, 17:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed in my game that both grand vamps are Pleasure, even though that's the last thing they should be according to their personalities.  I think the Contessa only has 3 playful points, not sure about the Count.  I haven't altered them, but I do wonder what would happen if I did, whether they'd behave differently or whatever.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 29, 19:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just another argument in my opinion to use the "no townie regenerate" hack and make your own down-/townies to put into the game.  More variety, no "game replacement" patterns, and for all that work you actually get townies you like and actively want your playable sims to interact with.

I've been spending a lot of time making a whole pack of elders, adults, teens, and child townies.  They certainly add to my game now whereas the Maxis generated ones were just plain annoying and ugly to boot.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 30, 01:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah I don't mind the pre-made ones, I delete them all when I created my neighborhood and the game came up with nice ones for a change.

Anyhow, if I move one in I can change it the way I want (except for the genetic of course) with the boolprop testingcheats. 

I think if I would use such a program like "no townie regenarate" I would end-up doing Sims with approximately all the same face, I prefer to have ugly, cute and awesome Sims in my game and Maxis is not bad at doing those in my opinion.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 30, 06:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did an experiment with Gigge's tutorial on making adjustments to Maxis generated sims.  The results were pretty darn good.  Without even attempting to go for "good-looking" most of the exaggerated features disappear and end up with a far better looking sim.  Here's the results of the first woman I adjusted this way.  I wouldn't call her a knockout but she's a damn sight better than before.  Not to mention she looks a heck of a lot more African-American than whatever it is that Maxis was going for.

Gigge's tutorial is at:
http://www.sagesims.com/tutorial_anime.php

[attachment deleted by admin]
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 30, 07:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. That makes for some interesting reading. I've adjusted the faces of my townies pretty similarly to how Gigge described. The emphasis for me was always on getting the eyes smaller. And the mouth much smaller. Death to the "slept with a coathanger in the mouth" look! The cartoonish look never appealed to me, at all. I have a few sims in my game who I am not going to change, though, even though they have those baby doll features. There's one female sim I created way back when before I really got a feel for the CAS tools who looks almost exactly like the before picture in the first shot of that tutorial. But because she's been in my game since about this time last year, it would feel weird changing her. I'm used to her the way she is. But any sims I've made in the last several months have been markedly different than the original maxis templates. I do go for realism now that I'm comfortable with the tools.

Thanks for that link! That went straight into my bookmarks folder. 
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 30, 13:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do pretty much the same thing Allen did and I read Gigge's tutorial way back so it definitely has influenced me. I don't try to make them all look beautiful, just more reasonably proportioned in their facial features.

I generally try to stay with their original face style as much as I can too but it's hard in some cases because some are just not even close to anything resembling a human or their features are just so screwed up the sliders aren't enough to help and I have to right click on some of the defaults and blend them in a bit. When I do that though I usually vary right clicks between several faces so they don't end up looking close to any one particular facial template.

I've grabbed just about every townie, dormie and service npc and given them all extreme makeovers lol. I give them surgery, makeup (even if it's just Hairfish's eyelid folds, contact lenses or fine wrinkles) and sometimes a new outfit. The only ones I left alone were the pre-generated ones in the default downtown because I think they actually look halfway decent and many are already wearing makeup too.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 30, 13:45:08 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 30, 19:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I generally try to stay with their original face style as much as I can too but it's hard in some cases because some are just not even close to anything resembling a human or their features are just so screwed up the sliders aren't enough to help and I have to right click on some of the defaults and blend them in a bit.

For those townie sims that have ear to ear lips I usually end up performing multiple surgeries. The sliders reset themselves after every save, so after about 3 or 4 tries I can usually get them away from the mile-wide smile thing. It still would be really great if we had all the slider options available from bodyshop... 
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 31, 02:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It still would be really great if we had all the slider options available from bodyshop... 

Yeah, what's up with that anyway?  Anyone heard a good reason why Maxis cut the number of sliders in CAS? 
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 31, 02:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least a couple of them, like the ones that alter cheekbones, are messing with more "structural" parts of the face, and thus have a greater chance of causing weirdness in the hands of an unskilled user. Probably they just didn't want to deal with people asking them why their sims faces went all weird when they smiled, or something.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 31, 02:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can never get my CAS sims to look right. They always end up looking funny, I especially would like to see the ability to alter top/bottom lip thickness individually in CAS and on the plastic surgery machine. Many of my sims have a problem with having no top lip at all. Very annoying and can't be fixed without relying on the archtypes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: