More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 21:33:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Very Strange Sim
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Very Strange Sim  (Read 4893 times)
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Very Strange Sim
« on: 2006 June 06, 19:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I created a sim family before any of the expansions came out, and one of them is an elder female.  Since I added Nightlife and OFB, whenever I move a sim family to a new home, or create a new sim family and move them in, she comes running into the house, madder'n hell, bitches out one of the sims in the house (that she doesn't even know!) and then runs home again.  This is completely separate to the "some visitors have arrived to welcome you to the neighborhood." 

I didn't know where to post this, as it isn't really a problem, just a really really Strange Thing.  Have y'all had any Strange Things like this  happen in your games?

P.S.  I'm still an asinine airhead - guess I'll have to start making more pointless posts just to get that to change.  How many do I need to graduate to the next level?
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Very Strange Sim
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 06, 19:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO! Sorry, but that is hilarious.  Cheesy

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about your title. The more you post, the more insulting they get. At least I know what an asinine airhead is!  Wink
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 06, 19:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your Sims are using the telescope during the day, the action is "Spy on Neighbors" instead of "Stargaze". For some reason, the game is coded so that it's always the same Sim who notices the peeping, and they'll come running over to pitch a fit about it. Unless you're sure your Sims haven't been anywhere near a telescope during the day, that's probably what you're seeing.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 06, 20:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the stupid telescope in my sim's inventory during the day.  Got tired of being assaulted by this one Bluewater guy  Tongue

Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 06, 21:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes pointing in the direction of no houses helps with the spy problem.

Axe murdered since 2006
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 06, 21:44:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Simlover, I didn't know that! Too bad my main 'hood is so full. I just use Pescado's "noshove" hack, and they can gaze at Mortimer's wrinkled bum all day long.

A weird thing that I used to get was one downtownie who used to stroll by and go into Sims' houses and start grooving to their stereo. If you'd turn the stereo off, he'd start fighting with everyone there until he was kicked out. Finally, he made firends with one of my PC's and then stopped. I guess he was lonely.

I just remembered...it was Housten Chen, with the neckerchief and snakeskin jacket. That is quite a look.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 07, 10:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO! Sorry, but that is hilarious.  Cheesy

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about your title. The more you post, the more insulting they get. At least I know what an asinine airhead is!  Wink

You know what? My favourite title is actually Tasty Tourist. Kinda wish I could get that back... Cry

Go Away
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 07, 12:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

P.S.  I'm still an asinine airhead - guess I'll have to start making more pointless posts just to get that to change.  How many do I need to graduate to the next level?

I wish I was an asinine airhead again - although this reflects my rl status  Roll Eyes

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 07, 14:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just use Pescado's "noshove" hack, and they can gaze at Mortimer's wrinkled bum all day long.

I think TJ made that actually.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 07, 14:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what? My favourite title is actually Tasty Tourist. Kinda wish I could get that back... Cry

Ha ha!  Hmmm, I don't know. Tasty Tourist sort of sounds like Pescado could 'devour' you at any moment!  Cheesy  Dimwitted Dunce seems to suit me at the moment. That's about how I'm feeling with all the trouble I've been having with the hair binning tool. After all, I don't believe it's rocket science.  Roll Eyes
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 07, 14:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had far too much trouble with the hair binning tool as well, so I went back to the manual method.  Works fine.  And now that all my hair is done, I only have to do the few hairstyles I add.  And since I'm so picky about hair, that's hardly any.  Smiley
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 08, 22:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't have problems using the binning tool, but I had a lot of other problems associated with it. For some reason, when I made packages with it, the entire black hair section would refuse to show up in bodyshop. I too go the manual route, even though it takes longer and I am much less picky than blue Tongue
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 09, 12:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The manual route is exactly what I have just done. I've been putting it off for months ever since I first read the threads on here about it. It took me a total of a couple of days with RL matters getting in the way. lol  I trudged through it though (with my hubby teasing me about playing with 'doll hair'.  Roll Eyes  Turns out it was pretty easy (thanks to Dewshine's helpful tutoriol, bless her soul) though very time-consuming and monotonous.

I think it was worth every hour!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: