More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 16:51:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  La Fiesta Tech-The campus of the GHOSTS?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: La Fiesta Tech-The campus of the GHOSTS?  (Read 4902 times)
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
La Fiesta Tech-The campus of the GHOSTS?
« on: 2006 June 06, 02:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear my sims,

It was to be university time and I sent my cute sim to La Fiesta Tech Uni neiboughood. I let him stay in the 8-room dorm. I was strange that the students looked very lazy, they rarely did their assignments and left their homeworks  unfinished everywhere in the dorm. Ridiculously they were so easy to fall asleep at anytime and suffered from bad hygen problem.  The kitchen/dinning room was dirty and food was spoiled all the time.

My sim was scarced when he saw some students there were exhausted and expired and the graves were left on the floor (some students died at the same time). And the ghosts were just wandering at night in the dorm. I let him move all the graves, but the thing still happenned again to the newcomers.

I thought there may be something related to hygen/virus, so it may cause above deaths. I let my sim call the service (maid, exterminator) but the thing was the same and there's nothing changed.

I tried to mve my sim to other dorm but I did want to challenge my sim. Finally he would graduate with C+ grade! But, my God, he escaped from the terrible place.

May I call it the dorm of the Ghosts? Or my sim just passed from Dracula's place? Shocked

The Sims is my second life ?
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Re: La Fiesta Tech-The campus of the GHOSTS?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 06, 03:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is odd indeed! I have had sims become transparent in dorms, but never like that.

One question, though. Did the ghosts go through the locked dorm doors?  Cheesy
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 06, 03:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep,

My's sim locked room was opened quite often and closed autonomously though I didn't see the ghosts got thru the walls.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 06, 03:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that reminds of my dorm, Cranky Steve's Haunted Whorehouse, which had an entire row of tombstones and was completely haunted. I ran some MATY sims through it originally, in the stories that were eaten by Hurricane Josh, featuring Fat Head, the Brynne, Hook, and a Kewian.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 06, 03:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that reminds of my dorm, Cranky Steve's Haunted Whorehouse, which had an entire row of tombstones and was completely haunted. I ran some MATY sims through it originally, in the stories that were eaten by Hurricane Josh, featuring Fat Head, the Brynne, Hook, and a Kewian.

Cranky Steve's Haunted Whorehouse?
Would you please attach it?
Probably, I will let my new sims spend time in that haunted house. It sounds the next haunted story will happen again.

For my story, I advise all of your young sims spend time in La Fiesta Tech/Desert Dorm (8-Room) to pass what my sim passed. That dorm might be a haunted one.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 06, 03:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A: It's not very interesting.
B: It wouldn't be haunted anymore if I attached it.

Make your own: Take a dorm of your favored design, and just start stacking the tombstones in the back.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 06, 05:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have sims n that dorm and all i well, no dead sims.

ISFJ
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 09, 02:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally I would find the reason causing the deaths of some students. It's that there weren't enough rooms for everyone. There're only 8 rooms in the dorm, but usually there're 10-12 students there. Further, the AI was so bad because the students looked so lazy, so they suffered from bad hygien. But I wasn't faced with such problem before installing OFB and FFS. Or, it's due to the installation of the hacks?

I tried to lock the dorm's main door ('Allow the households only'), but the students who claimed their rooms there couldn't enter the dorm. And, it seemed they didn't go out for the classes.

Any solution is appreciated. 

momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 09, 02:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I often have dormies kick it, I assume it's from "nodormieprotect"  Before that, they would get stinky, etc, but they wouldn't die.  Now, they don't eat, and eventually they die.  If I catch it, I might make them selectable, and make them eat/shower/go to the bathroom.  I always delete the tombstones/urns because the ghosts bug me
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 09, 02:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I often have dormies kick it, I assume it's from "nodormieprotect"  Before that, they would get stinky, etc, but they wouldn't die.  Now, they don't eat, and eventually they die.  If I catch it, I might make them selectable, and make them eat/shower/go to the bathroom.  I always delete the tombstones/urns because the ghosts bug me

Thanks for your opinion, mate.

Trying to delete 'nodormieprotect' and let's see if anything's improved.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 09, 02:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trying to delete 'nodormieprotect' and let's see if anything's improved.

Since the purpose of nodormieprotect is to make dormies suffer the consequences of not taking care of themselves properly, and that frequently means death, then if you have that hack installed it is certainly the cause, because that's what it's for.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 09, 04:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of you is right.
Just diabled the bad hack and it seems everything 's gonna well now.
Maybe no more deaths or haunted stories.

Thanks again for saving the young sims' lives.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 09, 14:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first thing I wondered when you mentioned what was happening was whether you had nodormieprotect.  I have dormies dying on a regular basis, but it's quite handy at the moment as the majority of the 8 Sims in my dorm are Popularity, so they can achieve Beat the Reaper wants on a regular basis.  I have 2 male dormies right now who both have 3 bolts with one of my newly-arrived YA's and they can't keep away from her.  They both expired within the first 24 hours and were successfully pleaded for, now one of them is flaked-out by the portal with his hunger almost gone, so he's all set to die again when he wakes up.  There's another dormie with him who has a crush on another of my YA's - for some reason, she flung herself into his arms even though they only had 1 bolt and got a crush on him as a result, so I wasn't too happy about that.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: