More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 07:08:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stop Boasting about being Demoted!!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stop Boasting about being Demoted!!!!  (Read 14754 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Stop Boasting about being Demoted!!!!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 13, 07:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed my family sims tend to be worse parents than the other aspirations because they obsess about having more kids immediately upon having one. Take care of your current kids, dammit! Leave the flour-sack baby alone!
Also, I didn't know the family sims boast about a demotion; my family sim is a celebrity chef, comes home every night and yells what sounds like "I'm incredible, huh?" to no one in particular. What was funny was when his family sim brother was living in the household, and they would come home at the same time, stand back to back, then start yelling about how incredible they are. 
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 13, 15:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My entire population in my home-village consists of 94 % knowledge sims, 2 % popularity sims, 2 % fortune sims, and 2 % romance sims (for livening things up now and then). I dislike fambly sims very much, they are neither good partners, nor good parents, and their wants are downright idiotic.

The attached college has 100 % romance dormies for...shall we say, life education purposes :D, and I don't want a mighty slap-fest going on at every twist and turn. Should I decide that one of my playable YA's and one of the dormies would make an excellent match, I move it in, play it and change its aspiration when the option becomes available.  All my townies and dormies are home (CAS) made by the way.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 13, 18:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed my family sims tend to be worse parents than the other aspirations because they obsess about having more kids immediately upon having one. Take care of your current kids, dammit! Leave the flour-sack baby alone!
Also, I didn't know the family sims boast about a demotion; my family sim is a celebrity chef, comes home every night and yells what sounds like "I'm incredible, huh?" to no one in particular. What was funny was when his family sim brother was living in the household, and they would come home at the same time, stand back to back, then start yelling about how incredible they are. 
I really don't think they are boasting or saying how incredible they are.  Sure it gets annoying, but I really think they are just glad to be home, as one poster said, and they are yelling to their family to greet them and let them know they are home.  They hold out their arms like they are ready to hug everyone and they holler what sounds like Hey I'm home!

I like family sims and I really have had no problems with them not paying attention to their kids or going into aspiration failure.  I have a lot of family sims, and I had to start playing the other aspirations for variety.  I think the way you play the sim drives their wants.  It seems the more you have a sim do something, the more that will show up in their wants.  Even fortune sims who seem to do nothing but want stuff will spin up wants to do stuff with friends and family if you keep having them do it.

I think all aspirations have their good and bad sides, with good wants and those that drive you crazy.  For instance, I like the knowledge aspiration, but the be saved from death want gets on my nerves.  How many times can you be saved from death?  And constantly wanting to see ghosts, even when there aren't any around.  And when they are teens it seems they want to do nothing but learn how to cook cereal (?) mac and cheese, turkey, etc.  Some of these I'll indulge, but there is no way to get all of them, but they will clog up the wants for days.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 13, 18:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't think they are boasting or saying how incredible they are.  Sure it gets annoying, but I really think they are just glad to be home, as one poster said, and they are yelling to their family to greet them and let them know they are home.  They hold out their arms like they are ready to hug everyone and they holler what sounds like Hey I'm home!
Well, it would make more sense if them holding out their arms did not, in fact, prevent them from being greeted, and if they went INSIDE before shouting! What kind of buffoon shouts on the street?

I like family sims and I really have had no problems with them not paying attention to their kids or going into aspiration failure.  I have a lot of family sims, and I had to start playing the other aspirations for variety.
I find that family sims are too fixated on the purposeless harassment of their kids. The relationship can be entirely maxed out, and they'll still want to harass their kids and generally prevent them from learning their skillpoints.

I think all aspirations have their good and bad sides, with good wants and those that drive you crazy.  For instance, I like the knowledge aspiration, but the be saved from death want gets on my nerves.  How many times can you be saved from death?
Yeah, the desire to endlessly commit suicide makes no sense. That want should only appear if the knowledge sim is DEPRESSED, not when they're perfectly happy and should have no reason to want to try to kill themselves.

And constantly wanting to see ghosts, even when there aren't any around.  And when they are teens it seems they want to do nothing but learn how to cook cereal (?) mac and cheese, turkey, etc.  Some of these I'll indulge, but there is no way to get all of them, but they will clog up the wants for days.
I don't generally have a problem with teens: You just need to know how to "seed" a skillpoint. Plus, it ends quickly since they tend to be really close to maxing out by that time, and then it doesn't matter what the hell they really want anymore. Get the rest of the scholarships, onto college.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 13, 19:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it would make more sense if them holding out their arms did not, in fact, prevent them from being greeted, and if they went INSIDE before shouting! What kind of buffoon shouts on the street?

This is true.  That's why I would like a mod to suppress this behavior so they can get on with whatever I want them to do.

I don't generally have a problem with teens: You just need to know how to "seed" a skillpoint. Plus, it ends quickly since they tend to be really close to maxing out by that time, and then it doesn't matter what the hell they really want anymore. Get the rest of the scholarships, onto college.
Even college kids will want to learn how to cook everything if they haven't already learned.  I believe I know what you are talking about "seeding" a skillpoint.  If you have them study a certain skill, then they will want to reach the next point, and the next, and so on.  I also learned how to get couples to want to woohoo.  Usually they will want to talk or something, and once the flirt want rolls up, you do that, then the second flirt rolls up, and then they want to kiss and makeout, two different wants at the same time.  Once you have them make out, that satisfies the kiss want, and then the makout want when they finish.  Most of the time, this will cause a Woohoo with X want to spin up, and you can lock this or fulfill it right away for big points. Smiley  I don't know if this is something new in university, but it happens a lot now.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 13, 20:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it's the only romantic want that they don't fulfill autonomously!  They'd relax on the bed or sit in the hottub till Armageddon, and they still wouldn't woohoo unless you tell them to!  I ask you - do humans have to get permission from a minder?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: