More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 23:52:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Forever Young?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Forever Young?  (Read 3363 times)
Charlee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Forever Young?
« on: 2008 September 15, 13:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually play with aging off, just 'cuz I don't like dealing with elders.  I found it a royal pain in my posterior to turn it on for kids' age transitions, and then back off again, so I found an anti-aging hack which stops aging for adults and elders, but allows it for all other groups.  But now I've started a Legacy challenge, and I really need my adults to age and my elders to DIE, so I disabled my anti-aging hack.  My Legacy founder graduated college and aged to adult just fine, but now that I've put him in his own house, he's not aging.  At all.  It says he has 29 days before he turns into an elder, and I know it's only supposed to be 28 to begin with.  I double-checked to make sure my anti-aging hack was disabled, and I entered the 'aging on' cheat, just to make sure aging was turned on for that lot.  Still not aging.

I have InTEEN, but I don't really think that's causing the problem.  Before I get lectured for using hacks in my Legacy, I'm NOT using any cheats or hacks for the Legacy family; I have them installed for use with other families in that neighborhood.

I've heard from other Simmers that they've had problems with aging since installing A.L., so it's rumored to be an A.L. issue.  Does anyone know of any way to fix it?  I reeeeaaaaally need my Legacy founder to age!

It\'s all fun & games until the cops show up
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Forever Young?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 15, 14:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the 8th EP... have you noticed a pattern? Perhaps that old hacks are updated to be compatible with new EPs? If the hacks you're using aren't AL-ready (which InTeen most definitely isn't), your pants are so tight they're cutting off your circulation. Remove tight pants.

I've read a lot of bug reports and while AL has some truly special ones, the only time I've seen aging issues mentioned deals with aforementioned tight pants. If the issue still occurs after removing incompatible hacks, THEN come whine about it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 15, 14:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a commonly reported issue in lots that were originally cloned from Uni-housing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Charlee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 15, 14:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the 8th EP... have you noticed a pattern? Perhaps that old hacks are updated to be compatible with new EPs? If the hacks you're using aren't AL-ready (which InTeen most definitely isn't), your pants are so tight they're cutting off your circulation. Remove tight pants.

I've read a lot of bug reports and while AL has some truly special ones, the only time I've seen aging issues mentioned deals with aforementioned tight pants. If the issue still occurs after removing incompatible hacks, THEN come whine about it.

Tight pants.  Got it.  I went through pretty much all the hacks I have and downloaded the new A.L.-updated versions, but must have missed InTEEN.  Thanks!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 15, 15:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have InTEEN, but I don't really think that's causing the problem.  Before I get lectured for using hacks in my Legacy, I'm NOT using any cheats or hacks for the Legacy family; I have them installed for use with other families in that neighborhood.
This isn't one of those fluffy forums obsessed with Legacy families and heir polls. Not that people here don't do Legacy challenges, just that no one cares if you break the rules. They're more like guidelines, anyways.

Oh, and...

I can't believe you missed it, Pescado!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Charlee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 15, 17:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't one of those fluffy forums obsessed with Legacy families and heir polls. Not that people here don't do Legacy challenges, just that no one cares if you break the rules. They're more like guidelines, anyways.

Oh, and...

I can't believe you missed it, Pescado!

Yikes!  Good to know.  Thanks.   Wink  Crumpling up InTEEN & tossing it in Recyc as we speak.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: