More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 18:53:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Keeping my Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Keeping my Sims  (Read 3919 times)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Keeping my Sims
« on: 2007 February 20, 08:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So after a massive crash that made me lose hours of gameplay and many promotions I decided to nuke this game and start allover. The only thing is that I forgot how to extract ingame chars with simpe and I also wonder if pets will extract the same as sims.

If I remember correctly, you're supposed to open simsurgery and either use Patient sim or Archetype sim but I don't remember which... Anyhow, if somebody would liek to help me further along the way, please do. ^^

Greets,
Ali

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
Re: Keeping my Sims
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 20, 08:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you choose a patient sim, the option to export appears.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 20, 09:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankies... I'll try with my sims and pets then, would it also work with servos or will that make a BFBVFS?

Greets,
Ali

This is what happened to poor Ozie when I extracted her with SimPE...

Maybe I did something wrong? I just exported the file directly to the My Saved Sims folder. hopeully any of you could help me solve this problem.

Greets,
Ali
« Last Edit: 2007 February 20, 10:44:34 by Kyra » Logged

Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 20, 14:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly enough, I was pondering this possibility just last night. My main neighborhood is actually in very good shape (knock on wood) but I've been playing it since day 1, and it's getting very big.

I assume that getting the Sims likenesses via Sim Surgery would be relatively simple, and you could edit the Sims' personality with Simpe to match their predecessor, give the right job at the right level. Where it might get tricky would be with the large extended families. I think you can add family ties with Simpe, but seems might it might get complex.

I'd take the Sim Surgery route, but make sure to get Theos Altenative Sim Surgery plugin. I think it simplifies the process greatly.

And wow, that Sim looks mangled, if not burned. Maybe the plugin would help, maybe not.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 20, 15:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That looks like a cat or a small dog with a Sim head as opposed to a human Sim. I have little experience with Body Shop, especially as of late - is it possible BS can't import pets properly?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 20, 15:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BS can't read pets, since it can't create them, I assume.

I've seen a few messed up sims like that, it's a glitch and I've no idea why it's happening, MTS2 said merely "looks like a hack problem"

INFP or something
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 21, 14:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it is indeed a pet. Can't pets be packaged? That's so stupid, I just realised untill now you can ideed not make them in BS which is  "BS". I think I'll just have to make poor lil Ozie again.

Thank you for the replies.

Greets,
Ali

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: