More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 22:21:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  FT: game keeps crashing when sim is about to become elder - SOLVED
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FT: game keeps crashing when sim is about to become elder - SOLVED  (Read 14114 times)
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: FT: game keeps crashing when sim is about to become elder
« Reply #25 on: 2008 March 18, 00:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crash, I would advise a reinstall if the folder removal technique did not work. Back everything up and try it.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 March 18, 01:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, I guess. I am just confused.

What's the definition of 'working' in this case?

When I removed the entire downloads folder the aging did work. But how would some random sofa object I downloaded interfere with the aging? Would custom eyes interfere? What kinds of CC are we talking about? I thought only Cc that are connected with the sim or the sim that I age 'with' my sim would be interfering? Like skintone, custom eyes, hair and clothes?

And how is it possible that I get different results with the same folder content?

But yeah, I guess I have to do a reinstall, but I still would like to know how this works - because if it is indeed some CC causing this, what will stop it from causing the same error when I reinstall?

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 March 19, 05:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd have to do boolean (half-in/half-out). Most likely it's a body cc file, though, so might as well try removing hair/eyes/skins/makeup/clothing/accessories first. See if bug reoccurs. Half in, see if occurs.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 March 19, 15:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the game crashes with the defaults, (I am assuming those are default replacements you mean) Try a different set.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 March 20, 01:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, you've helped me alot!

Folder removal technique PART 2:

I took Zazazu's advice and redid the whole folder removal technique - I removed all folders with any connection to the sim: defaults, skintones, eyes, hair, clothes etc. Including saved sims and a weird folder I had named 'Unknown'  Tongue

After that, the game worked, so then I added back one folder at a time - and cleared cache in between every time- until the game crashed again. It turns out there was some skintones and such placed in a folder where it shouldn't be, that's why I couldn't find it before. Apparently I had put some files from sims I had downloaded and installed in there.  Undecided

After I removed most of the files in that folder, I got the game to work. I have now aged two sims to elder! Yay!

I am hoping I won't run into any trouble again soon...this was energy draining. But thanks to you guys I don't have to reinstall my game. Thanks.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: