More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:45:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mysterious items appearing in inventory,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mysterious items appearing in inventory,  (Read 11334 times)
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
Mysterious items appearing in inventory,
« on: 2006 February 04, 04:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had it happen a couple times already. I'll have a old sim give their cellphone to a teen family member before they die, but I'll find random items in the inventory that I never put in there. The more interesting item was a actually NPC sim that had managed to appear. I was so shocked that I didn't take a picture, and pulled the NPC out of the inventory. It was a maid, and she proceded to tell me it was getting late and she needed to leave, because it was around midnight at the time.

the most expensive item I've found from these interesting appearances was a Piano.

Is this happening to anyone else?

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Mysterious items appearing in inventory,
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 04, 04:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes I like hearing about new bugs as they're just so funny Smiley

Do you have the cellphone fix installed?

I've seen the stuck cellphones bug it fixes.  Don't know if it addresses this too.

ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 04, 07:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's installed and works fine.

More intersting is you can't get a sim into the inventory, even if you go into moveobjects on and try. How'd she get in there? o.o

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 04, 10:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's funny.  You never know what will happen with this game.  Sometimes it's funny, and sometimes you want to pull your hair out.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 04, 12:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG a maid in the inventory? Shocked That's hilarious!

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 04, 12:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe she was trying to clean it for you?  Tongue Damn glitchy maids  Wink Unfortunately, I haven't come across this problem, so I can't help you, but it certainly sounds odd!  Cheesy

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 04, 12:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sometimes wonder about the endles space in their inventory.
What kind of freaky cosmic, black hole, backpack can you put a bowling alley in?  Undecided

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 04, 12:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's just like where they store pillows, kickybags, paint palettes, plungers, glasses of water (to throw drink), etc., etc.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 04, 12:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget the mops Cheesy

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 04, 12:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can accept that they have a kicky bag in their backpack, but a bowling alley and the maid?  That's freaky.
I assume they could carry around more than one bowling ally too, if you bothered to try it.  But your grandmother's college diploma won't fit.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 04, 12:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish you could toss the baby in there until it's time to be aged. Then they could just take the runts to work with them instead of having the flamingo obsessive nannies try to burn down the house by baking baked alaska... for the toddler.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 04, 12:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't accept that they can put the contents of a 3 bedroom house in their pockets, 2 family cars, and all the trees and plants on the lot-yet they cannot carry a pizza in there? Roll Eyes
I came up with the bright idea of ordering a lot of pizzas and putting them in my pregnant sims inventory, so when she was nearly dying of hunger (which happens a lot in my game) I can just whip one out for her-but no... no pizzas allowed. I put them inder the porch now using moveobjects on. Wink

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 04, 13:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I came up with the bright idea of ordering a lot of pizzas and putting them in my pregnant sims inventory, so when she was nearly dying of hunger (which happens a lot in my game) I can just whip one out for her-but no... no pizzas allowed.

This is one of the reasons I am so excited about the robots in the OFB - I figure the pregnant sim can sleep while I make Servo cook stuff for her. I have been using Inteenimater to cope with the pregnancy thing and practically by-pass the whole stage.  Express pregnancy 1.5 hours - sweet!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 04, 13:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I know what I'm going to do as soon as I load up the game.  Now, which maid shall I put in???  Second thoughts, forget the maids.  I'm gonna stash away NANNIES.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 04, 19:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shower sprung a leak? No problem! I just happen to have a repairman in my pocket!
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 04, 19:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I've seen where they pull that wrench out of, remind me not to borrow my Sims tools!
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 04, 20:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh god, I just remembered the most annoying slogan ever, coined by Nintendo's Gameboy Pocket: Stick it in your pocket!
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 05, 00:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, is that a maid in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 05, 00:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, the mop, I knew I was forgetting something. Grin  What gets me is when they are nude and their cellphone rings.  Their hip starts vibrating, and then they pull the phone out of...nowhere???

About taking the baby to work, I actually had a couple of sims take their babies to work.  I'm not sure how it happened, but the baby got stuck to her and when she got in the car to go to work, it looked like she was still carrying it, although she had both hands on the wheel.  Her husband had the day off too, but he couldn't do anything.  The baby's icon turned yellow, and she came home stinky and needing a diaper change.  Other than that, she seemed to be ok.  That was in my custom Testing Grounds neighborhood.  The other time it happened was in Strangetown, and the mother was riding in the carpool.   Shocked
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 05, 01:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a situation recently where I honestly thought the nanny was going to put the toddler into the dustbin (trashcan for the transatlantically-challenged).  She changed the toddler's nappy, then started walking downstairs with it, but the toddler was somehow still attached to her, sort of hanging over her shoulder.  She got right up to the ... er ... OK, trashcan (that hurt) ... and leant over.  As she leant over, the toddler went forward and her head actually went into the ... the ... dustbin, it's a DUSTBIN.  The nappy (no, I will NOT say diaper, that's expecting too much) went in and the toddler seemed to go in too, then as the lid went down somehow the toddler sprung back up over the nanny's shoulder.  The nanny walked a bit, then stuck the toddler on the pavement (won't say sidewalk either, sorry).

I was actually rather disappointed, I was all agog waiting to see whether the nanny would be able to get the lid down properly with the toddler inside the ... the ... rubbish receptacle.  And why are the rubbish receptacles never emptied?  I've often wondered that.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 05, 01:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured the garbos were always on strike (read negotiating their wage conditions)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 05, 01:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the garbage cans are connected to something like the sewer, where the garbage goes in and then gets sucked away down the pipes...or something.   Grin
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 05, 02:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a situation recently where I honestly thought the nanny was going to put the toddler into the dustbin (trashcan for the transatlantically-challenged).  She changed the toddler's nappy, then started walking downstairs with it, but the toddler was somehow still attached to her, sort of hanging over her shoulder.  She got right up to the ... er ... OK, trashcan (that hurt) ... and leant over.  As she leant over, the toddler went forward and her head actually went into the ... the ... dustbin, it's a DUSTBIN.  The nappy (no, I will NOT say diaper, that's expecting too much) went in and the toddler seemed to go in too, then as the lid went down somehow the toddler sprung back up over the nanny's shoulder.  The nanny walked a bit, then stuck the toddler on the pavement (won't say sidewalk either, sorry).

Anyone who doesn't know what you mean by dustbin or nappy... sorry is a complete idiot.  Even though they aren't the words of choice here in America.. it doesn't take much to figure it out in context.  Lol...  see color or colour? in retardoland.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 05, 02:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had it happen a couple times already. I'll have a old sim give their cellphone to a teen family member before they die, but I'll find random items in the inventory that I never put in there. The more interesting item was a actually NPC sim that had managed to appear. I was so shocked that I didn't take a picture, and pulled the NPC out of the inventory. It was a maid, and she proceded to tell me it was getting late and she needed to leave, because it was around midnight at the time.

Am I the only person who thinks this sounds potentially BFBVFS-y?

If sims are turning up in your inventory, doesn't that imply that the GUIDs or NIDs or some other internal game reference numbers have become corrupted?

Have you been deleting sims from the Neighbourhood, or lot-binning inhabited houses, or anything like that? Huh

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 05, 02:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the garbage cans are connected to something like the sewer, where the garbage goes in and then gets sucked away down the pipes...or something.   Grin

But then how could our Ethiopian sims eat from the garbage can?

I guess it's possible the sewers open only once a week or something. Salvage while there's still time!!!

Anyone who doesn't know what you mean by dustbin or nappy... sorry is a complete idiot.  Even though they aren't the words of choice here in America.. it doesn't take much to figure it out in context.  Lol...  see color or colour? in retardoland.

I agree. And as for idiots who actually have the nerve to complain about someone using those words instead of the American ones...  Angry

Fail.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: