More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 03:37:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nina and Dina bore me to tears
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nina and Dina bore me to tears  (Read 32143 times)
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Nina and Dina bore me to tears
« on: 2006 January 25, 01:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've installed the Awesome Lot Timer (TM) on my Pleasantview (about 10 RL months under play).  The use of the lot timer has underscored the houses that I just can't bring myself to play.   Nina and Dina are the only Maxis Sims that I just can't bear.  10 months and no plotline.....

In a last desperate attempt, I've turned them into elders.  It was either that or kill them off.  Nina is now an aging actress who pees a lot, and that does have some promise.

What have Nina and Dina done in your game?  I don't hear people talk about them much, unlike Cassandra and Alexander, the Pleasants, the Burbs, or of course everybody's favorite Don Lothario.   Grin  He may be a pig, but he inspires stories!

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Nina and Dina bore me to tears
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 25, 01:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never play them, period.

When I enter Pleasantview, I move the houses of the Calientes, Don (after the left at altar scenario), and Dreamer (can't stand him - lazy sim which dreams of money) to the house bin, and then delete them (throw the houses to the trash).

That's the only way I can play in Pleasantview...Smiley.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 25, 01:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I effectively disbanded the Caliente family. Dina married Mortimer and moved in with them, Nina married someone else and lives there. The effectively highly-boring and not that well designed Caliente house is thus an abandoned building now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 25, 01:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind nina and dina, but I did feed daniel pleasant and the oldies to the cow plant  Grin

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 25, 01:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good idea Liss -cow plant food!

Nina and Dina are boring, but the Oldies are the worst for me. I had Nina marry a townie when I loaded the original game [oh so long ago] and they had two beautiful daughters who were fun to play, but once they moved out -ugh! -I hated going back to that house.

Thankfully, it seems, we have more options now to kill off boring or otherwise annoying sims.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 25, 02:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Calientes bore me too. I've played them before a very short time but they are not in my "household rotation list" and I don't play them anymore. They're effectively "townies" in my game. They will make great Cowplant fuel.

The Oldies, Daniel Pleasant, Mary Sue Oldie, Darren Dreamer, John, Jennifer & Lucy Burb have all died of old age in my game.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 25, 02:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe whenever I played that household I always married Nina to Don, but I usually didn't do anything with Dina.  I haven't even played the Calientes since NL.  I hate playing those horrid Maxis sims for some odd reason.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 25, 02:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never bothered to play them either...until now.

One particular Sim family, whom I've been playing through many generations had one male sim who just couldn't see anyone else but Dina. I tried to get him interested in other eligible females in the neighbourhood because truthfully I never liked the Caliente sisters myself, but unfortunately, no one 'did it' for him like Dina did and he only has two bolts for her but constantly dreamt and thought about her!!

So I gave in, let him woo her, woohoo her and all the other things you do when trying to get sims together and eventually they married and have one child.

Funny thing is, I just knew she'd be a lazy bitch and a terrible mother and yeah.....I was right!  Cheesy

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 25, 02:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*laughs* sims are only as boring as you let them be

The Oldies moved away (deleted)
The Burbs were moved into a nice home I built. Their daugher died from a falling object  Wink and John and Jennifer are now broke up and John lives with Brandi and his bastard daughter and Brandi's son (the 3rd one)

I restarted recently because I wanted the genes from the maxis pre-mades (mine all end up looking alike) after discovering that most of the pre-made children/teens/toddlers were not actually the true children of their pre-made parents, they either died young or moved away (deleted) except for Brandi's 3rd boy (the Brandi-clone one) The pre-made familys are currently having true-born children.

Mortimer Goth, Cassandra and (now) Alexander are dead (he was handy for babysitting).  Bella lives in the new Goth manor, with her (and Dons) three beautiful daughters  Grin 

I redid Dina and Ninas house (which I did for every pre-made family) and after tweaking their personalitys with InSIM (why did Maxis make Nina a "very shy" Romance sim? I think even Daniel was very shy before I tweaked his personality and made him Knowledge) 

Anyway, I did put off really playing Nina and Dina until last night, Darren Dreamer needed a new wife and seemed interested in Nina so after inviting her over, I enjoyed having her move in - then get engaged - then get pregnant (Darren "tried for a baby") - then get married... I had Darren do all the asking so you could say she did have a chance to say "no"  Wink  (not that they ever do, which is kind of sad) hmmmm I wonder if she will lose her mind when she has the baby  Grin  She seems happy enough even though she still wants to woohoo with Don (was locked and I haven't unlocked it) I had fun playing her and Darren for a change and She is actually quite beautiful with a good make-over and nice hair)

Dina ended up with the large house all to herself and a want to "have a baby"  Shocked   After a good make-over and new hair and getting a car alarm installed(buglar came while she was gone, she wasn't happy about that) I then sent her off to find a mate.  Don was at the Crypt (of course) but Dina didn't seem very interested (which is good since he has 3 kids with Bella already) (I then used InSIM to nix the crush hearts)
Well I decided to just watch and see who she seemed most interested in.

John Burb was there (3 bolts) and for once Brandi wasn't with him. Dina was very interested but John and brandi have 1 kid and are expecting another so I really didn't want Dina messing that relationship up. I noticed a downtownie(2 bolts) seemed very interested in Dina, kept giving her friendly hugs and wanting to talk to her and tell her jokes and stuff and she actually accepted the hugs. I felt she would have paid more attention to him if John wasn't there and if John didn't keep wanting to talk to her  Roll Eyes  Once Brandi showed up I had to really keep an eye on John!

Dina then wanted to do the "date thing" with the downtownie so I allowed it and they ended up with a dream date (both rolled wants for woohoo and woohoo in Dinas car, which they enjoyed)  I had Dina go home and go to work, she tried calling her downtownie the next day, he was working but after he got home he called up wanting to go downtown for another date. Well they had a great time and Dina ended up pregnant after some car woohoo so she asked him home with her and then asked him to move in. He then asked for her hand in marriage and shortly after they were married.

After that I quit playing for the night *had played for more then 8 hours*
kytyngurl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 25, 03:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, those two are my current favorite Sims... they've turned out very interesting in my game.

Dina married Mortimer and bore him a daughter. She's just using him for the money, of course, and soon got herself a rather snazzy make-over. Since Alexander is growing up to be a good-for-nothing pleasure Sim, she intends on completely taking over the Goth fortune-- with lots of use of Elixer of Life. She'll manipulate her daughter, Alexander, Nina, and Nina's children to get what she wants.

I really like the way she looks now with her make-over and new clothing. Gothy-- but old fashioned and elegant.

Nina has been woo-hoo-ing her way around town-- with the help of stuffing her shirt to get an impressive DD chest. Whoa. Don has knocked her up twice now, the second time gave her twins. She and her teenaged daughter weren't able to handle them, and Nina went to Dina for help. Nina is now the live-in Nanny for Dina and Mortimer and will do whatever Dina asks as long as Dina continues to help her out. I haven't yet decided if Nina is going to attempt to seduce Mortimer, or if Nina has decided to offically 'switch to the other team' since she's tired of having children. Plus I doubt she likes old men. Dina will be kicking her out of the Goth house as soon as the baby is a teen, in any case.

Everything turned out nicely for Alexander, btw, who was more than happy to have Nina's very attractive daughter move into his house. Cheesy
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 25, 04:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dina married a CAS sim in my game, who was a nice but funny-looking celebrity chef, and they had two fugly boys. Then, when her husband became an elder, I had her have a fling with Don Lothario. That produced a BEAUTIFUL girl who I named "Nighat," after Dina's grandmother. She lived with Don for a while after her husband threw her out, but they got back together and now are raising Don's daughter. Nighat wants to get to know Don better, but you know Don.

Yeah, Dina's kind of bland, but she makes pretty kids with the right person. For me she has behaved a lot like a family Sim, since her husband was family. She would roll wants to kiss him and have babies, before the affair.

I really like Nina living by herself, so she can tramp it up. She had an affair with Brandi and Dustin Broke (oops). And man, you don't have to tell her twice to exercise. I love an active Sim.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 25, 04:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What have Nina and Dina done in your game?  I don't hear people talk about them much, unlike Cassandra and Alexander, the Pleasants, the Burbs, or of course everybody's favorite Don Lothario.   Grin  He may be a pig, but he inspires stories!

In my original Pleasantview, Dina married Mortimer Goth shortly after Cassandra had married Don Lothario (who became Don Goth, which is a stupid name). Dina had Mortimer's daughter, Medea, the day after old Morty died. Shortly after that, Cassandra and Don's son, Troy, was born. Dina moved out of the Goth house (she had only lived there around five or six days, and didn't really fit in) into a house of her own. Two days later, she gave birth to a son, Ajax, who looked suspiciously like Don. To cover this up, she quickly married her friend Mr. Eaglezero-doesn't-remember-his-name-right-now, with whom she has just had a baby. Troy and Ajax are best friends (and, you know, half-brothers), and Medea still hangs around Don (he was unemployed at that time, and was playing Daddy Don) and Alexander a lot. Cassandra still hasn't figured out about Don's infidelity, even though little Ajax looks NOTHING like his adopted father.

Nina, meanwhile, was romancin' it up. She slept with just about every eligible bachelor in town, as well as some of the not-so eligible ones. I had risky woohoo in at that time, and she ended up pregnant (by my favorite sim, no less, who has kind of a habit of fathering children on unsuspecting ladies). Her daughter, Katalina, severely cramped her romance stylin', and so Nina went into aspiration failure. Katalina is now a teen (although she's about to enter college with Medea and the third Broke kid) and Nina is back to her old ways, although she's being slightly more careful this time.

In my newer Pleasantview (I have two), I haven't actually played Nina and Dina much because I've been trying to establish the other storylines. I think I'm going to have one of them marry Don, and the other be a swingin' single and then settle down with one of the many strapping young men in the neighborhood (there's like EIGHTY BILLION of them [except not really, because that would be a BFBVFS for sure]). She'll have juuuuuust enough time to have a baby before she transitions to an elder.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 25, 04:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.. except for Brandi's 3rd boy (the Brandi-clone one)...
Oooohhh!!! That's why it's always a black haired blue eyed boy! DUH *smacks self*
I like Nina and Dina. I always have Dina and ol' Morty have one kid before he croaks, I let it suffer the firstborn syndrome and find it makes an attractive sim who has a good personality to be a party animal. Dina is always the slacker mom who needs a nanny though. Spoiled. With Nightlife I make Nina a pleasure sim, though she's always in a pretty slutty outfit. I have fun with them. Most of my sims keep their lives together, they provide screw up releif.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 25, 04:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dina married Morty and bore his son, Thomas Caliente.  After Morty died Dina made friends with a number of male sims, although I'd like her to meet Mr Big, she's currently engaged to one of the firemen she met after the many fires she's set while trying to cook.  I'm thinking I might kill him off before the wedding though, he's uglier than he looked under the fireman's hat.

Nina promptly moved into a little house Downtown and is having a great old time batting for both teams as she works her way up the Athletic career.  I might 'accidentally' hit try for baby and make her have a child with either Alexander Goth (gay pleasure sim, what a challenge that would be for her!) or Alex's partner Ricky Cormier (changed from romance to family aspiration at Uni) just to ensure there are still two Caliente's roaming around!

<insert witty comment here>
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 25, 05:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nina promptly moved into a little house Downtown and is having a great old time batting for both teams as she works her way up the Athletic career.  I might 'accidentally' hit try for baby

Yes! Nina is great as a bisexual. Although that's true of many romance sims. Also, I laughed about the "accidentally" trying for a baby. I don't play with risky woohoo in, I play this way. Having an affair? Totally broke and fighting? Whoops, my mouse goes over to TFaB. Nothing like turning the drama up a notch.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 25, 05:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I just thought.  Nina's currently having an affair with Brandi Broke and Brandi's husband Nick (CAS sim)... I was going to kill off Nick as I was bored with him, but now I think I might make Nina have his (3rd) baby... he's got good genes, he's well and truly in love with her... Brandi finds out and BAM!  Nick goes the way of Skip in the pool!

I'll have to remember that.

<insert witty comment here>
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 25, 06:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm waiting for them both to die of old age in my game.  Unfortuantly I think they both transitioned to old age in platinum so they just keep going and going...

Both of their lives were rather uneventful.  Dina married Morty...had two daughters...Morty died...Dina spent her whole life just basically being a working mom.  She's old now and her youngest, son in law and two accidental grandchildren live with her.  She just sourta whores it up around the neighborhood.  My Pleasantview dudes seem to love some old granny Dina booty.

Nina and Don moved in together after Don fulfilled his have 20 lovers want.  They never married, but they were faithful to each other the entire time.  They have two sons and a daughter and things are still rather uneventful..except Don is dead now.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 25, 07:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Pleasantview dudes seem to love some old granny Dina booty.

This made me snort milk through my nose. Too funny.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 25, 07:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dreamer: I usually revive Darleen and have Darren and her have a second child. Dirk marries... one of Brandi's sons. XD

Pleasant: I kill Angela by cowplant and toss her in the cemetary I made and have lIlith marry one of Brandi's children (usually the oldest). I let Mary-Sue and Daniel live the rest of their lives and attempt to do their Lifetime wants.

Goth: Mortimer goes to live with Nina and Cassandra has a child by Herb Oldie. Alexander has a gay relationship with a random sim.

Caliente: Mortimer moves in with Nina. They have a child before he dies. Because Mort always has retard LTW, I just toggle his on and let him have a good life till he passes. Dina moves in with Don.

Burb: John and Jennifer have the LTW completed, Lucy takes one of the Brandi boy's (usually the clone of Brandi).

Lothario: Don and Dina get LTW completed while they have a son (donicle) or a girl (donna) who takes over the household when they die.

Oldie: I have them adopt a ugly child and toggle their LTW. Herb becomes the town whore while Coral becomes near maxes out in the business jobs.

Which comes to a interesting question. How can Coral get a normal job as a elder? Is she glitched or something?

edity: Broke: Skip is revived and becomes has a affair with Brandi as many times as possible, and Brandi goes out and does the same but doesn't get caught. All the boys are moved out to other families and the broke family is usually the one to die out.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 25, 09:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thy, you have the JMP's hack "noagediscrimination". Without it, elders can't get normal job. Check your Downloads folder.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 25, 10:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well the first try I played Pleasantview, Nina was a bisexual who bonked half a dozen sims and was eventually knocked up by Don Lothirio, and Dina was engaged to Goopy GilsCarbo and had one son.

Since I restarted Dina is married to Mortimer, and Nina is living with Don.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 25, 11:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, let's see...

Dina invited Mortimer round and gave him some nookie, but neglected to use proper protection - after all, he's a senile old man, right? At least, that's what she thought until she started throwing up. Mortimer, in the meantime, has finally started listening to his children and seen Dina for what she is. He's going to pay for the daughter, but if Dina mistreats her he's coming to get her back. Dina therefore needed money, so she went Downtown and found herself a wealthy idiot - who then died in a tragic pool-ladder accident... but not before getting abducted by aliens and giving birth.

Nina moved out when Dina started fishing for new blood, and is currently providing a stable income to the Broke household. She has also introduced Brandi to Don, making Don the unwitting father of the rest of Brandi's progeny (we're up to 5, shooting for 10). Oh, and she's pregnant by Daniel Pleasant. The basic plan is for her to eventually value the huge family she's in above her nookie, and switch to a family Sim.

Pleasantview is turning into one big unhappy family, basically Wink
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 25, 12:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dina is my second most hated Maxis Sim (first place goes to Mary-Sue).  In my original Pleasantview, she married Mortimer but he chucked her out when he caught her at it with Don.  This was actually a rather sneaky exercise, because Mortimer had also been at it with the "Disappearing family members? Try the latest SimPE, available at your local store NOW!" Bella and as he wanted her more than he wanted Dina, he took advantage of the situation good and proper.  Cassandra, meanwhile, had chucked Don out when she realised he was the father of Nina's new daughter (different occasion), so chucked him out.  Nina & Dina fell out because, like Cassandra, Dina wasn't too happy when Nina gave birth to Don's daughter.  Nina moved into the old Dreamer house (now empty because Darren had moved in with Cassandra, who had actually been flirting with him on the side - like father, like daughter) leaving Dina alone in the Caliente house, which meant Don was able to move in with her.  They got married and had twins and Don was never really interested in anyone else after that.  Nina raised her daughter alone for a while, then married the townie Benjamin Long when she was an elder.  Having tried to kill Dina off several times and failing (3 attempts to electrocute her just ended-up giving her mechanical points), she eventually died of old age like all the rest.

In my new Pleasantview, I reluctantly let Dina marry Mortimer when I realised they had 3-bolts for each other.  She had twins again (programmed, obviously) and soon after Mortimer died.  Alexander went off to Uni the same evening and once he became an adult, to my amazement he had 3 bolts for Dina as well.  As soon as he returned from Uni he went straight upstairs to relax on the bed Dina was sleeping in, even though their relationship at that point was 0/0.  I found this rather perturbing, and it's clear enough that Alexander is more interested in Dina than she is in him (then again, she hasn't the energy to be interested in anything beyond the nearest sofa anyway).  Even though they both have 3-bolts for other people, none of them are available, so they'll probably end-up together.  Will make for an interesting storyline and a rather complicated family tree if nothing else.

Nina is living with Don at the moment and they have one son.  I'm sort of regretting it insofar as it's obvious Nina should be a Knowledge Sim (she much prefers the telescope to woohooing), so I'm sort of hoping that she catches Don at it with someone else so I can change her aspiration.  If I do it now, they'd probably lose 2 of their 3 bolts.  It all depends on whether Don gets knocked-up before they split-up - whenever she's on the telescope he wants to go on it, so I tend to cancel her time on it and let Don use it, which means he spends virtually every night stargazing for hours on end. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
FinkTheFuzzy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 25, 13:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dina and Nina have contributed genes to my main family in Pleasantview, the Monets. My main Monet, Major, fathered a son to both, but didn't marry either.

Dina eventually joined with his sister, while Nina remained single and stayed with Don Lothario, eventually producing with him a child as ugly as sin. Later, Major returned to father 3 more of Nina's children, after which she went off and was impregnated by Dina and Major's second eldest grandson.

Having had the desire to give Major a cousin, I had to marry Nina to Major so I could actually access that portion of the Monet family tree. She has since returned to Don Lothario's pad (still married), and is waiting for Major to pass on. Dina is happily involved and is about to welcome her 8th grandchild by her only son Leo.

I have three major families in my neighborhood now, one of which is the Caliente(-Monet) family. I found them to be quite engaging, they bred well.

All other Maxis-made families have been assimilated. Nina's eldest granddaughter married Alexander Goth, who is now the "guardian" of his orphaned niece Virella (daughter of Cassandra and Darren Dreamer.)  She will most likely marry Dina's third eldest grandson, a Knowledge sim who shall be impregnated by aliens when his time comes.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 25, 15:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just married them off- Dina married Mortimer (I figured, what the heck, she did actually love him), and I had Nina join the Don Lothario romance sim brothel.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: