More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 16:56:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 198265 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #300 on: 2005 September 25, 07:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also heard that winme was crap and the worst OS for gaming. I finally made the jump from win2k to winxp pro & and am 'happy' insofar as I can put that word in the same sentence with the word 'Microsoft'. You can also turn off a lot of the fancy dress in winxp, the resource hungry stuff like fancy menu animations and so on, that helps. Have trouble running win98 games though, even with the win98 mode in xp.

Mind you winxp runs like a dog on 256Mb system RAM really, I reckon 512Mb RAM is minimum for xp.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2005 September 25, 07:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a bug to report with Nightlife.  I get error messages when visiting certain downtown lots (with boolprop testing cheats on) about lamps in the pool, i.e., the Spa.  It will go away if I click cancel about 4 times.  If I hit reset, more and different errors pop up about 3d textures, but this part of the error log below is just the first one that pops up, seemingly for each light on the lot.  I tried loading it with no hacks in my Downloads folder, and it still happens.  Any ideas what is going on?

[attachment deleted by admin]
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2005 September 25, 07:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Relevant portion of log:

Error: Stack number out of range.
  Frame 4:
    Stack Object id: 796
    Stack Object name: Lamp - Wall - Pool - New - 1, 0 - Lower
    Node: 2
    Tree: id 8201 name 'Action - Do Fades' version 31
    from LampGlobals
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 796 1 0 5    Locals:

Either the LampGlobal is being modified in some unknown way by a hack hidden in an eyeshadow or something like that or the SimAntics processor goes goofy during Inits on lights for some weird reason.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2005 September 25, 07:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windows ME. *twitch* If I never have to fix another computer with that mistake of an OS it'll be too soon.

Thanks all who replied to my problem. I knew I was taking a chance with the Omega drivers, but if my choice is between using the old drivers and having crashes that pretty much keep me from playing the game for more than ten minutes, and using those and having some annoying but not harmful graphics bugs, I'll take the graphics bugs.  Wink

It's a shame that laptop video card drivers are up to the laptop manufacturer to update... Sony doesn't seem to be interested in updating the drivers for mine ever.  Oh well - someday I'll get a regular 'desktop' computer again that I can upgrade the hell out of whenever I please.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2005 September 25, 08:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's wrong with XP?

Horror stories abound.  Just wait, when the next version of Windows is released, people will start saying that Windows XP was the buggiest Windows ever released.  Of course, I figure it's all marketing bullshit baloney to make people upgrade as soon as possible.

I leave my computer on 24/7 and I haven't had to reboot more often or had any more other problems than I ever had with 95 or 98.  Or OS/2 for that matter.  When Windows 3.0 was around, I ran those programs under OS/2.  I find ME to be more stable than 95.

I have a strict policy of not upgrading things until I'm forced to, and there's a game I want that won't run under ME.  Which is why I "upgraded" from OS/2 to Windows 95.  If there was a version of Unix that ran all my Windows programs (and DOS programs, I still use a lot of DOS utilities), I'd be using that instead.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2005 September 25, 08:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, too, tend to resist upgrades. What finally sold me on WinXP was that apparently, most of the games worked, *AND* I could finally DELETE THINGS without being asked for any confirmation. No recycle bin silliness. No "Are you sure?" crap that refuses to turn off even when the appropriate option is unchecked. Just "DELETED!".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2005 September 25, 08:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tested it:  Under Windows ME you right click on the recycle bin and select properties.  Near the bottom there's a check box for "Display delete confirmation dialog" and it works.  I won't be using that particular feature;  I've deleted too many things by accident in the past.

If I want to bypass the recycle bin altogether, I use a DOS program to delete files.

Hook

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2005 September 25, 08:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tested it:  Under Windows ME you right click on the recycle bin and select properties.  Near the bottom there's a check box for "Display delete confirmation dialog" and it works.  I won't be using that particular feature;  I've deleted too many things by accident in the past.
Yes, but I don't think it cooperates with "no recycle bin" size, and the confirm will pop up anyway if you don't use the recycle bin.

Me, I now gleefully delete at the press of a single button, generally accompanied by shouting "DELETED!" as I do it. It startles the dog on occasion.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2005 September 25, 08:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, Pes, do you think I didn't test the right click/delete option as well? Cheesy  I just made a couple of more files to make sure it works for right click/deleting a group of files.  No confirmation dialog either way.

Hook

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2005 September 25, 08:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the option for pressing the "DELETE" key?

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2005 September 25, 10:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either the LampGlobal is being modified in some unknown way by a hack hidden in an eyeshadow or something like that or the SimAntics processor goes goofy during Inits on lights for some weird reason.
I didn't think of removing my custom content in SavedSims, but I tried this and I didn't get the error.  I would have never thought of that.  Who would have thought eyeshadow would have to do with pool lights.  I put my SavedSims folder back in and went into Body Shop and started by deleting stuff I didn't use such as custom eyes I'd never used and some eyeshadows and eyeliners.  I'm not sure which one it was, but I loaded up the lot in build mode and I went to it with a couple of sims on a date as I had before, and I did not get the error.  Thanks a lot!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2005 September 25, 11:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the option for pressing the "DELETE" key?
shift delete will delete stuff, bypassing the recycle bin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2005 September 25, 14:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but I don't think it cooperates with "no recycle bin" size, and the confirm will pop up anyway if you don't use the recycle bin.

Me, I now gleefully delete at the press of a single button, generally accompanied by shouting "DELETED!" as I do it. It startles the dog on occasion.

Have you seen that farside cartoon "God at his computer," and on the screen there's a guy walking underneath a piano suspended by rope, and God has his finger on the "Smite" key?

That's what I think of when I picture Pescado at his computer.
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2005 September 25, 23:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to be a pain and bring this up again but unfortunately the problem came back today. Sad Yesterday Herb Oldie died in platinum (I had reset my neighborhoods to my last backup right before I installed NL). I moved his grave to "Pleasantview Memorial Lawn", and the strangest thing was that his fancy platinum tombstone was now plain grey at the community lot. Perhaps I should have then realized that something was wrong. Today it was Coral Oldie & Olive Spector's time to meet the Grim Reaper. They died, I clicked "move to X" and saved but I then had the same problem with the tombstone would be invisible on the community lot in build/buy mode and visible when a sim goes to the lot. *sigh* Though I'd let you all know. I'll fill out the form at the BBS as soon as I can, right now I have the "icepick-in-my-right-temple" sort of headache.

Bummer, I thought I'd found a way to make the cemetery feature work but the problem with it is above my minimal computer knowledge. I'm going to have to leave it up to Maxis and/or the mods to figure out what's going wrong. So far it's beginning to seem like a nasty new incarnation of the undead/elder bug. Undecided

Maybe it's a bug with Maxis-created sims? My elder sim died in platinum and when I sent him to his family cemetary (custom, made by me) it showed up fine. I honestly winced when it loaded, I was sure something would go wrong!
« Last Edit: 2005 September 25, 23:08:31 by Howabominable » Logged
snazza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2005 September 26, 07:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. look at this: the female teen vampire has different skin tones for the head and the body! bug bug bug bug

I don't get that fix. I haven't checked if it works or not, but it looked like the vampire teen's face texture was missing, not the body, which is what shaklin puts in his fix. I don't know. I also noticed though, that the male vampire texture is used for the female vampires. You just can't really tell because it is a semi transparent texture. Wierd wild stuff.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 26, 07:50:42 by snazza » Logged
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2005 September 26, 23:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I just found a huge bug It tells u Its high time [insert name] gets back to the real world. so I exit the lot without saving and I move them out of the dorm/house and the they dont show up in the collage bin they are not there, I go to the base hood bin and low and behold they are there. How are you suppose to get them back to college bin
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2005 September 26, 23:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is a bug or just an annoyance but whenever I send sims to the Hub, they start wanting to play the 'What's this?' game with the light fittings.  AT A COMMUNITY LOT!  What do you care if they've got a cheap-arse light in the toilet?!

<insert witty comment here>
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: 2005 September 27, 00:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if this is a bug or not, but it sounds as if it's akin to the handheld/scanner problem.  I had a Sim buy coffee for the Contessa (who she was friends with, but not best friends) and they both developed crushes on each other.  I am resisting the temptation to turn it into love because the Contessa is totally turned-off by my Sim (she is always going on about it), although they are now best friends and get on very well platonically.  Neither has attempted any romantic interactions on the other since the crush and somehow I don't think they're going to.  I don't know if it's the lack of chemistry that's stopping the biting, but I'm getting nowhere fast on that.

I am quite happy to use this facility to create crushes with Sims who have chemistry, but it shouldn't be happening with those who don't, which is what leads me to assume it's a glitch rather than part of the intended gameplay. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2005 September 27, 01:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I just found a huge bug It tells u Its high time [insert name] gets back to the real world. so I exit the lot without saving and I move them out of the dorm/house and the they dont show up in the collage bin they are not there, I go to the base hood bin and low and behold they are there. How are you suppose to get them back to college bin

This is not NL specific. I do not have NL yet, but I have had this happen several times.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Arika
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2005 September 27, 01:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread is scaring the crap out of me! Shocked I dont think I want Nightlife anymore, i dont even have University yet! Kudos to all you people who dont have JMP's fixes cuz you guys must have it REAL bad! Sad
Chanco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2005 September 27, 03:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I know in my game the vampires are having a blood feast, I notice this in my downtown, that the counts or countesses are biting my playable Sims or npcs without even knowing them. I also notice that I have a zombie bartender or something is wrong with his skin, it's a dark grey. I don't have any zombies in my game, so where the hell did he come from?
I thought that you had to have a good relationship with a vampire to have them bite you.

I may be a bitch, but I'm the pick of the litter.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2005 September 27, 04:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I know in my game the vampires are having a blood feast, I notice this in my downtown, that the counts or countesses are biting my playable Sims or npcs without even knowing them. I also notice that I have a zombie bartender or something is wrong with his skin, it's a dark grey. I don't have any zombies in my game, so where the hell did he come from?
I thought that you had to have a good relationship with a vampire to have them bite you.

I don't know for sure because I haven't played vampires, but from what I've read once your first playable sim has been bitten, it's open season for random biting until 10% of the neighbourhood is infected.  I think it stops then.

<insert witty comment here>
Azkar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2005 September 27, 04:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I remember reading is that the relationship restriction doesn't apply to the count / countess ..
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2005 September 27, 07:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know for sure because I haven't played vampires, but from what I've read once your first playable sim has been bitten, it's open season for random biting until 10% of the neighbourhood is infected.  I think it stops then.

Actually, vampires are *always* capable of biting your selectable characters. They only stop biting non-selectable characters if they have already bitten 10 or more NPCs (not townies/downtownies).

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2005 September 27, 09:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having a bug since NL where all the mad scientists get a popup early Monday morning saying they missed work that day.

But mad scientists work Tues/Wed/Thurs nights.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: