More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 22:52:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Which EP next?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Which EP next?  (Read 12868 times)
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Which EP next?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 17, 23:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

University is probably the most boring expansion, but it does add those want slots for the "Upgrade Pre-Uni Sim" options.  Unless you're sending a CAS retard there, there's not really that much to do.  It also seems like a cheat since an unpatched game gets you to L9 of a standard career track.

Nightlife added Cars, and this gives your sims a level of "freedom" that they didn't have before.  Instead of waiting an hour for the Taxi, your sim could just jump into the car and drive anywhere they wanted.  I scoffed at the feature at first but EA actually implemented it well.  Oh, and Vampires.

I actually liked OFB more than other people did.  It allowed you to make a scenario where a slacker could quit his job, whore out his house, and still make some money.  That, and you could hire personal servants.  As for the actual "Sell stuff" part, I found it too be too easy much like the following expansions.

I would actually recommend that you just play TS1's Unleashed if you want pets.  The pets are much too easy to train compared to the predessor and there are no incentives to do so.  A gold ribbon'd pet offspring fetches $3000, I don't know if Pets does that.  I pretty much got through 85% of the features in a day, the only things that I didn't do were Werewolves and Breeding.  Heck, the dogs in Pets don't even fetch you the paper like in Unleashed.

I didn't try Seasons all that much, but it adds the most to the game engine.  To me, it seems like they broke up TS1's Unleashed into two expansions since first we got the mediocre Pets expansion and then Seasons which actually affects standard play.  I didn't play through it all that much so I haven't seen a Sim overheat but I wouldn't want to go without it if I decided to play again.  Of course, parts of this expansion were supposed to come with the sequel...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 18, 00:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love (some) of the new build mode features, and I still want my build mode stuffit pack!
Please please please! Curved walls, more versatile roofing, pillars that actually meet up properly with the floor above....a non-cheaty way to make nice modular stairs.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 18, 02:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which EP to get really depends on what you enjoy most about the game, but I'll second the statement that, unless you REALLY REALLY want your Sims to have Pets, your next EP should be Uni or Seasons. Pets is very focused on Pet things, with little else included; Uni is FULL of goodies, and Seasons comes with even more new jobs than Uni (I love new jobs), although Uni wins bigtime in the career reward department (at least, if you like the idea of the cow plant and the resurrection device).

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 18, 03:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Uni as well Smiley
But i vote for Seasons

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 18, 09:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which EP to get really depends on what you enjoy most about the game, but I'll second the statement that, unless you REALLY REALLY want your Sims to have Pets, your next EP should be Uni or Seasons. Pets is very focused on Pet things, with little else included; Uni is FULL of goodies, and Seasons comes with even more new jobs than Uni (I love new jobs), although Uni wins bigtime in the career reward department (at least, if you like the idea of the cow plant and the resurrection device).
Items alone cannot really be a major consideration, since it's trivial to reenable the item in a newer expansion. The real selling point of Uni is how it gives you 6 want slots, which is basically a Must Have with all the want spam plaguing sims with each added expansion. Not sure if Upgrade Pre-Uni works correctly without actual Uni. Otherwise, it's not-so-great, as the Uni experience itself is bland at best and its installation permanently costs teens a want slot. But nothing stops you from acquiring them all...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 May 18, 11:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Items alone cannot really be a major consideration, since it's trivial to reenable the item in a newer expansion.

Is it, now?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 May 18, 12:13:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. You need a simple OBJD hack to disable the "cripple" behavior, then dump out the missing animations, meshes, and textures verbatim, and voila, object reenabled.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 May 18, 14:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume that only works for basic objects like beds and chairs, not compliceted stuff like pool tables and musical instruments.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 May 18, 21:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the awnings and storybook build set came with Pets and I really like those. But Seasons is the best - it has kitchen decorations, leftovers, and really nice lighting effects. That's the main thing I'd miss - even without actual weather, summer looks sunny and autumn looks... autumn-y. It adds more variety. It's one of those things that's so subtle it's not really gonna be mentioned much but, to me, the lighting is what makes Seasons. And obviously there's loads of other things about it but they've all been mentioned in this thread already.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 18, 22:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awnings definitely came with OFB.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 19, 00:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You seem to have decided on Seasons, and I applaud that.

I got all of the EPs at once, and that may have prevented me having hack and BodyShop issues with Pets, and I was slightly leery of adding a new EP to the batch, having unfond memories of EA borkennesses, but Seasons is remarkably stable.

I will share that I experienced some Plant Sim issues when trying to run a comm lot business, so it may be wise not to have a Plant Sim try to work off-lot, or it may just be me having another "only I have it" bugs. YMMV.

I liked Uni, but mostly for the YA age stage, extra want/fear slots and locks, and because hey, I'm in college again, so I find it amusing to recreate classmates as Sims and then let them run around unsupervised in Uni hoods.

I don't do much with Pets other than give two or three Sims a dog or cat. I could do without it, but I like having the animals around. If it was causing issues, I'd be less enthused. It's not as stable or useful as Seasons.

Cheers, have fun, whatever you pick.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 May 19, 11:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seasons is installed, patched, all that good stuff. Right off the bat Rose Greenman got pregnant with twins. 
(I swear I have the super-top-secret OMGTWINZ!!!1! base game. Really. My sims were having twins left and right before I had so much as a single EP.  They still are. The first sim that ever got knocked up in my game had twins. So did her daughter. Cheesecake? It is to laugh, hahahahahaha-groan. ACR is fantastic, but what would come in really useful is a way to prohibit twin pregnancy by lot. It's all right for a brand new couple; if they get twins, they've pretty much got a complete family in one shot. But other families don't need two more. And yeah, I know, I can abort/use the morning after pill, but it wastes time.)

I've only had a few hours to play, but I like Seasons. New careers, gardening that actually has a point, selling goodies, OMGWEATHER!. The storm sounds are great, they keep freaking the hell out of my cat and dog.  The cat is fascinated with the sprinklers, too.
I like working on getting badges for them, so yay for the gardening badge.
And they're rolling wants now to buy craft benches; they've never done that before, even though I have OFB.

I've noticed with a plantsim in the house it's really easy to 'neglect' the regular sims. Since the plantsim never sleeps, I keep getting more focused on them than on the ones who become inactive every night.

But--are apple trees ever healthy? And why do the apples look grey on my trees? Other produce has color, but the apples look like zombie-fruit. They have color in the inventory, though.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 May 19, 12:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In spite of it's name, Twojeffs' Triplets and Quads hack sounds like what you're looking for.  In the full version you have the option to select how many kids are born, so you can select one child instead of twins.

To get a plant or tree to thriving you'll need to have a sim with a gold gardening badge talk to it.  I tend to put fruit trees inside a greenhouse so that they don't get affected by bugs, which helps to keep them healthier without the need for perfomance-affecting ladybug houses.  The apples probably look grey on the tree because the tree is sickly.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: