More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 20:13:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question on moving tombstones
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question on moving tombstones  (Read 3424 times)
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Question on moving tombstones
« on: 2007 September 17, 10:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright i've been flipping through threads but still haven't found a clear answer so here goes.  What i want to do is make a residential lot that acts as the neighbourhood cemetary and on this lot a single sim will live as the caretaker.  Now the thing is how do you move tombstones from 1 residential lot to another SAFELY?  I've read about several people using the inventory and i know that'd work but won't that cause things to explode and catch fire?

I also read something about being able to move tombstones back home after moving them to a community lot which would theretically work (assuming it's the home of the sim your controlling), however when i went to a long time community lot graveyard in one of my old hoods with a sim to check this out it was completely empty.  There wasn't a single tombstone in sight and the place must have had a good 30 or so of em but none showed up so it's obviously borked somehow.

Anyways any help on safe moving would be great.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Question on moving tombstones
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 17, 16:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The disappearing tombstone thing is an old bug -- what EPs do you have? I believe Pescado has a fix for it in the directories somewhere.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 17, 21:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the base game and all the EPs but none of the stuff packs.  I checked my download directory and found the hack you were talking about "tombstonemovefix.package".  I always install the entire awesome pack save a few hacks, like nouneededcoats and such simply cause they don't fit my taste.   I also checked my NEWEST neighbourhood that had a cemetary and all the tombstones were there, (i think).  So it looks like i an move them to a community lot then to the residence.  I honestly didn't know there was a hack that fixed the problem.

Any idea about the inventory moving though, i'm curious if that causes things to blow up or not since alot of people are using that way.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 18, 00:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last time I tried moving tombstones through inventory duplicates spawned. 

Im wondering if attaching a ghost to a downloadable tomstone is ok.  I have tombstones by Cathair that I havent used but I know that you can assign ghosts to them.

ISFJ
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 18, 18:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually, I just use the teleporter shrub to summon the ghost, and pause before it can disappear. I then use testing cheats to make the ghost selectable, the lot debugger to spawn the tombstone, and then make the ghost unselectable again before unpausing. I have noticed no ill effects from this method, and the old tombstone does disappear, but i can't say that it's not causing unseen problems.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 18, 20:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually, I just use the teleporter shrub to summon the ghost, and pause before it can disappear. I then use testing cheats to make the ghost selectable, the lot debugger to spawn the tombstone, and then make the ghost unselectable again before unpausing. I have noticed no ill effects from this method, and the old tombstone does disappear, but i can't say that it's not causing unseen problems.

That's a pretty good idea, i had no idea you could do that.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: