More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 17:44:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Those old blank want slots...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Those old blank want slots...  (Read 3142 times)
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Those old blank want slots...
« on: 2006 January 29, 16:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I've seen this problem addressed any number of places, but I never had it until now, and now I can't find an answer. I hope I'm not nominating myself for a good slapping, but if so... I can take it!

A recent Uni graduate has developed blank want slots. They appeared suddenly the last time I loaded her lot. Out of six slots, all but the one locked one are blank. I read a few places that fulfilling the remaining wants may restore the blanks, but this has not happened. This slot is the only slot that rolls... and it KEEPS ROLLING THE SAME THING. WooHoo in bed. Over and over. Her boyfriend is about to drop dead from exhaustion.

I also read that this could be caused by a corrupt .package, but I set all mine to read only some time ago. I tried removing any recent downloads just in case, but no luck. I haven't downloaded any new hacks either, and I double-checked for conflicts anyway... nothing. Agh!

My primary fear (in no danger of turning up blank) is that this spells an impending neighborhood apocalypse. It's been a while since the last unexplained BFBVFS, and everything was going so well... figures. Maybe if I kill her off I can halt the spread of contagion?  Tongue
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Those old blank want slots...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 29, 16:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since setting your objects package to read only, have you installed NL or the holiday package? I believe the installation process changes it from read only. Have you compared the file size of the objects package to the one on the install disk to be SURE that a corruption of this file isn't the cause?
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 29, 17:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have NL or the Holiday Pack, nope. I checked my objects.package against the one on the install disk, and they are both 29.6MB. Darn. Thanks, though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 29, 17:24:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This seems normal to me. Wants often come up blank if the sim can't think of anything useless to want at the moment and all the main aspirational tracks are well covered.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 29, 17:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so I should accept it as a "feature"? She must just be having a nymphomaniac day.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 29, 17:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The nymphomania is probably exacerbating the problem. I find the condition usually clears up after a sim talks to a few other sims, and thus starts obsessing over those people instead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 29, 18:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Send the Sim to a community lot (preferably downtown), and the wants will reroll.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 29, 19:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or send them for a nap longer than 6 hours, and judging by what she's doing, she should need one soon.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: