[Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience

(1/34) > >>

Marhis:
I made this hacked wedding arch for stories variety: basically it permits marriages between sims no matter how high is their relationship score - even enemies may get married each other. It permits, also, to marry more than one sim, and/or sims who are already married with someone else.

It's a sort of work in progress, because at this moment it lacks of some features I would like to add, but I'm still trying to have them work (of course, if anybody likes the idea and would like to help, it would be much appreciated).

Actual limits (and caveats):
the two sims have to be engaged (I set that flag with Insim) - I have not yet implemented a better way. Inge did: see bottom of this postThey have to be on the lot, to be selected (it would be awesome a feature which summons the spouse, if not present)Relationship doesn't matter too much: it would be cool if they cannot have a marriage of convenience if in love - only regular marriageThe arch is butt ugly (I made a simple recolor, just to recognize it in the catalog from the regular one)
Features:
No special camera: too romantic.Simplified animation, to lessen the romantic behavior: sorry for the kiss, I can't get rid of it.Less relationship boost after the ceremony (Seasons) Marriage actions are not seen as romantic (no boosts in Spring) No crush nor love when they kiss, even if they're on a 100/100 relationship.Inheritance at death is ok: all spouses get their part, according to their relationship score."Last name choose dialog" addeed for the hacked social, too
Any test, comment, suggestion, critic or improvement is welcome :).

Update 5 Jul 2008
Edit by Moderator: This hack is no longer supported by Marhis, but it has been taken over by Inge.  The updated hack is currently on page 2.

Thank you kindly, Inge!
Not only you fixed the hack, but also you addeded the useful menu for marrying people on the lot regardless of their engagements - a must have addition, really: I wasn't able to work out anything similar :).

Update 2 Nov 2008
I'm baaaaack!

Small update/fix to Inge's version:
- Addeeded checks to test BHAV so you will not be able to marry yourself or sims already married with you.
- No crush nor love if newlyweds already have 70 or more relationship points. If you have Seasons, the marriage and the final kiss will not have any romantic value.

ElfPuddle:
I look forward to testing this over the weekend.

You have InSim...do you have InTeen / do you care if it works with teens?

maxon:
Oh great - arranged marriages and multiple marriages.  I will definitely test this.  I have Inteen.  I'll post if I have problems with it.

witch:
Funny, the minute I saw the title of this thread I thought, I know what I'm going to do with that trio of plants sims! Mind you I've had a ménage à troi before with Pescado's romance mod, but something more committed would be cool.

I'll let you know what happens, the three aren't plant sims yet and are not due to be played just yet.

hedgekat:
Interesting.   Hey,  I can have a Big Love household now.  So,  how do you handle jealousy in this situation?   Just turn it off with Insim?  Or just send other spouses to bed before woohoo occurs.   Must have woohoo.  Even arranged marriages were expected to produce offspring.  Oh,  I can imagine all sorts of new scenarios possible now.   heheeheheheheh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page