More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 03:32:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Genetics and townies/NPCs--when is it set?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Genetics and townies/NPCs--when is it set?  (Read 3135 times)
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
Genetics and townies/NPCs--when is it set?
« on: 2006 June 05, 13:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do a makeover or Simsurgery on a townie or NPC, say changing their hairstyle or color, and then move them in, what will their genetics be? Will they be the same as if you hadn't done anything to to them, or will they be set to the new values once they become playable?

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Genetics and townies/NPCs--when is it set?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 05, 13:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be the same thing as if you hadn't done anything to them - several townies in the game already have "dyed" hair.

You would need to set the changes with SimPE if you wanted them to be genetic (although I don't know exactly how to do that).
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 05, 13:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh I forgot about the dyed hair. Bah Tongue

Thankee Blue Smiley

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 05, 14:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, Kaylynn the maid has black hair originally, but if you check her DNA she's a blond (and looks much better that way Smiley). She changed to blond in my game as soon as she moved in with Daniel Pleasant.

I haven't checked any of the other maids, but I wouldn't be surprised if their hair isn't naturally red...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 05, 14:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do a makeover or Simsurgery on a townie or NPC, say changing their hairstyle or color, and then move them in, what will their genetics be? Will they be the same as if you hadn't done anything to to them, or will they be set to the new values once they become playable?

If you do it in-game, it doesn't change genetics. If you do it in SimPE, it does -- that's the main reason to use SimPE in the first place, since most cosmetic changes can already be done in the game.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 05, 14:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, Kaylynn the maid has black hair originally, but if you check her DNA she's a blond (and looks much better that way Smiley). She changed to blond in my game as soon as she moved in with Daniel Pleasant.

I haven't checked any of the other maids, but I wouldn't be surprised if their hair isn't naturally red...

I guess it must have been the ahirstyle I used but I didnt like Kaylynn as a blonde, I also think thats when I decided to delete most of Jannas hairstyles from my game.  Most dont really look good on any of my sims.

ISFJ
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 05, 15:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I went on a rampage over the weekend getting rid of a lot of hairstyles I downloaded and haven't used because they don't look so hot in the game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: