More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 07:07:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Triple Maternity Leave
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Triple Maternity Leave  (Read 3915 times)
WaterWitch
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Triple Maternity Leave
« on: 2010 February 07, 23:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to figure out why my Sim's maternity leave seems to be triple what it should be.  I have WA and HELS installed.  For her first pregnancy I was running "rule of 6", and the updated versions of AM & Anach's pregnancy tweaks only.  I was informed that my Sim was being given 12 days maternity leave, however she was actually given 30 days.  I wasn't able to send her to work manually, either.   After the baby was born, I removed all of my custom content and got her pregnant again.  This time, the game said she was being given 4 days maternity leave, but it was actually 12.   I'm all for realism in the Sims, but it's a bit too much to make it actually impossible for a female sim to have a career and family!

Has anyone else had this happen, or know why it may be happening?

Goddess-- My family is set on long.  I've played families on long since Sims 3 came out without this problem, but this is my first post-HELS pregnancy, so maybe there's something there.  Tomorrow I'll try a new family on the standard aging & see if it triples.

Lv--Thanks very much, the backtowork command is exactly what I needed.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 08, 23:19:45 by WaterWitch » Logged
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Re: Triple Maternity Leave
« Reply #1 on: 2010 February 08, 00:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No clue, but I'm wondering if you have expanded the lifespan of your Sims.  Do you have their lifespan set to epic and/or have you set AM to lengthen them?  Just a hunch that it might have something to do with it. 
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 February 08, 09:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To cancel maternity leave with AM - type "backtowork" in the console. I can't speak to your length-of-leave issues, but if you are on maternity leave and get pregnant again it will give you more time added to the current leave. The leave is the number of work days, so if the job is only three days a week and you get four days of leave the sim will be off for over a week. I had an astronaut get pregnant and get about a month off of work.
jcgurango
Asinine Airhead

All the above information is a lie.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 February 09, 14:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To cancel maternity leave with AM - type "backtowork" in the console. I can't speak to your length-of-leave issues, but if you are on maternity leave and get pregnant again it will give you more time added to the current leave. The leave is the number of work days, so if the job is only three days a week and you get four days of leave the sim will be off for over a week. I had an astronaut get pregnant and get about a month off of work.

Just something that doesn't make sense to me though, why would that make 4 days into 12 days? It's not like you can work out 4 days into 3 weeks, cause that would mean it would be like 2 days of work for the week, then 1 day of work for the week, then 1 day of work for the week, which, as far as I know, doesn't happen.

Y Halo Thar.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: