More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 22:41:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540272 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  CONFESS! How many of you pay for downloads?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CONFESS! How many of you pay for downloads?  (Read 101631 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: CONFESS! How many of you pay for downloads?
« Reply #200 on: 2006 February 28, 04:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have nearly all her stuff and I use it a lot - same goes for Sim Gedoehns. 

At least every time there's an new donation set at 4ESF2. there's a free set as well!  And some of the free sets I like even more than the donation ones!

However, there's one free site that I'd gladly donate to, simply because the quality of the stuff there is so brilliant (at least, in my opinion) just to show my appreciation, and that's Sims2Play - and Shoukier now nearly always includes recolours. 

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2006 February 28, 05:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that Shoukier is at TSR, I've been catching some of her stuff there too.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2006 February 28, 05:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't have a sub there any more so I tend not to go looking!  Has she got much there?

It's really annoyed me how, in the past, when other site owners have ended up there, it's ended up swallowing them whole!  Also really annoyed me when all the Sims 1  Secret sims stuff was being put up there - at the time it was nearly all stuff I already had and had in many cases donated for - and for ages there was nothing for me to download because I already had it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2006 February 28, 05:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love it if 4ESF got a subscription policy, rather than a set-donation.  It'd be much cheaper, and I'd definitely sub for that.  She updates all the time.
I would sub to 4ESF as well if she ever gets a subscription policy as it is I limit downloads from there because the cost really adds up quickly when its per set

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2006 February 28, 06:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I propose a share policy once discreetly and some people thought I am asking them to rob a bank. I am no bank robber. I just cannot afford to spend so much on subs. I am so skinny I cannot reduce my soda intakes anymore and I don't wanna go topless Tongue

But its ok. I *ahem* have got what I want for the time being so I am *ahem* satisfied for the time being again.  Tongue
Carol's stuff are good and I have been so tempted for the donation sets before but I really cannot afford the 3.50 donation sets. so its a no go. I use almost all her stuff one way or another in my homes.

But I am curious: Does any of you ever pay for her donation sets before? Are they that good. I got my keen eye on a bathroom and bedroom set. I am a sucker for bathroom and bedroom decos.

ETA: Sunair is at TSR but she still updates her free site as and when.
Actually, is sunair one person or one group. I can't imagine how one gal can update so much and still have a RL.

Go Away
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2006 February 28, 06:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have paid for a few of the 4ESF sets - Bedroom 8, Bathrooms 3 & 5, and Kitchen 5.  All totally worth it.  I use them all a lot (especially the kitchen fridge).  I really like them.  And I tend to agree, I use a lot of Holy Simoly (couches and lamps) and 4ESF in my Sims houses.  I have found so many recolours of the Arizona couch mesh that I can make any room with those couches look totally different.

Sunair, I think, is one woman.  But I can't be totally sure.  And perhaps she doesn't have a real life.  I don't have much of one.  Embarrassed  Also, I've noticed a lot of creators don't really play the games either, they just keep churning out those awesome creations for me to download.  Grin
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2006 February 28, 06:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sunair churns out more than 800 items after 3 months of being FA. I wonder how can one gal do that. Unless she doesn't study or have a job but she doesn't operate paysite so she is not peggy sims.

LOL..hmmm...i noticed ur donations set...I need to take a look at them *wink*
Looks like u are a sucker for bedroom and bathrooms like me evil luffs.

Go Away
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2006 February 28, 12:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sunair had a smallish site to begin with and at first updates were infrequent and small, so I would say she had a lot of stuff in the pipeline which she was working on until she was satisfied with them.

Good creators do play, if only a test house or two to put their stuff into and check that it works.  You really can't just create a mesh and offer it to others if you haven't tested it pretty thoroughly yourself first, or your inbox would be bursting at the seams with complaints!

I have to confess, I'm a sucker for 4ESF2 and I have everything but one bathroom (which I'll probably get sometime too....) and I use her stuff a lot if I'm running a modern theme.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2006 February 28, 12:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I propose a share policy once discreetly and some people thought I am asking them to rob a bank. I am no bank robber. I just cannot afford to spend so much on subs. I am so skinny I cannot reduce my soda intakes anymore and I don't wanna go topless Tongue
I had that thought also. Robbery is good!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2006 February 28, 13:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Joke, Joyce! Grin
I have trouble sometimes telling when you're joking.   Undecided

Good ol' British Stee...eeh!...humouWink

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2006 February 28, 13:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stee? Huh

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2006 February 28, 13:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stee? Huh

Steel. Like, British Steel. Like the infamous Judas Priest album. I was listening to that very album when I wrote my reply.

Edit: just noticed I missed out the whole of page 3 of this thread before posting. Wow me! Senility is catching up at the age of 31!

Let the Beast inside you free!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2006 February 28, 15:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that thought also. Robbery is good!

But JM, you don't even need to rob. As far as I tell from ur screenshots, you didnt even have a single cc! Tongue

Go Away
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2006 February 28, 15:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps he keeps them on lots he doesn't post screenshots of?  I mean, how could he pass up such things as the Samurai sword at Avenida?  Or the hunters' gun and trophies at SimsConnection?

And I'm sure he has Inge's prison installed, and coolone is one of the inmates!

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2006 February 28, 15:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He has a few custom outfits for specific Sims (like Sim-Brynne for instance has her hair), but I asked him about custom objects and he said he only had one because it was just too cool to pass up.  I wish I could remember what it was.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2006 February 28, 15:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Madame Guillotine?

Zephyr Zodiac
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2006 February 28, 22:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

its true about tsr id love to know how the fa's are recruited , infact id love to know how some of the stuff even gets passed to be on the site , but foutunatly theres still enough good stuff there for it to be worth the sub .

and as ive said before i dont mind subs i pay them people deserve them , but some donation sets annoy me cause it can a little underhanded esp when u add up the cost of everything they have on there site
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2006 February 28, 22:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Always annoys me too, when I've bought sets individually, to see them grouped in a package at just over half the original cost!

Zephyr Zodiac
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2006 March 01, 01:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would really love to know what that one cool item that JM couldn't pass up.

Oh, and TSR has been recruiting crap FAs lately . They are churning them out like a mass product factory. Like one a day and what's most iritating is that Some of them are only doing recolors. They don't even make their own meshes. and you recruit these people to be FAs...sheesh. I feel unjustified for the mesh makers and those meshes are free, FOC at no charge! Sad

I feel so annoyed that I am not going to sub to TSR anymore. Besides my dl folder is bulging.

Go Away
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2006 March 01, 01:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh.  Sorry, I messed up.  Tongue It was something for SC4 he couldn't pass up.  Some sort of trash, Into the Abyss sorta thing.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2006 March 01, 02:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ, clear ur inbox and let me know when its cleared. Thks.

Go Away
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2006 March 01, 11:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Done.

Zephyr Zodiac
lemmiwinks
Buttlicker
Dead Member

Moar gayer than Jordi

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2006 March 01, 20:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who coined the phrase "Donation Gift"? George Orwell?
"Extortion Goods" would seem to be a little more accurate.
  Just my 2 cents, keep the change.

Please remember to click the "THANKS" button!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2006 March 01, 21:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I certainly agree that "donation gift" is a bit of a contradiction in terms.  It can't be a gift if you pay a donation to get it.  I have no problem with "Donation Set" which says what it is, you pay a donation and in return you receive the set - but it isn't a gift, it's a purchase.

I have a much bigger problem with "free" programs which offer to clean up your PC, sort out your junk files etc. etc., and then when you download the "free program" you find it cleans up maybe a couple of files, tells you of 100 or so others, which you can get rid of if you buy the full program.  That is a con!

Zephyr Zodiac
lemmiwinks
Buttlicker
Dead Member

Moar gayer than Jordi

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2006 March 02, 15:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I certainly agree that "donation gift" is a bit of a contradiction in terms.  It can't be a gift if you pay a donation to get it.  I have no problem with "Donation Set" which says what it is, you pay a donation and in return you receive the set - but it isn't a gift, it's a purchase.

I have a much bigger problem with "free" programs which offer to clean up your PC, sort out your junk files etc. etc., and then when you download the "free program" you find it cleans up maybe a couple of files, tells you of 100 or so others, which you can get rid of if you buy the full program.  That is a con!

A "Donation" is not something you pay for something with. A "Donation" is an end unto itself.
You either buy something or you don't.
  And holy crap yes about the "free" pc scanners!  Kinda makes me want to join (or start) a jihad against lying thieving capitalist pigs.
  The only thing worse is lying thieving commie pigs.
When I am in charge, things are gonna be different...

Please remember to click the "THANKS" button!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: