More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 08:49:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  two issues with pets
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: two issues with pets  (Read 2909 times)
lingeringviolet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
two issues with pets
« on: 2008 December 03, 05:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello all,

As the subject line says, I'm having two problems with my game regarding pets. I've searched here and other sites for possible solutions but was unable to find anything. It seems to me that I've seen something similar discussed here before (I'm an avid lurker) but I can't seem to find anything regardless of what words I plug into the search box. I would be extremely appreciative if any of you would be willing to help me.

I recently installed all the empty templates found in Peasantry and then restarted all the neighborhoods. After checking the proper folders to make sure it worked, I created ten families in Belladonna Cove and began to play Family 1. The first issue is that two strays appeared on the first day even though I'm using the latest version of the DC and nostrayrespawn. The second issue is that both family members rolled wants to be friends with the two pets, except the wants are to be friends with sims, not pets, like so:

These problems were happening before I installed the empty templates and restarted all the neighborhoods. I also removed my downloads folder, with the exceptions of the MATY, Simbology, default replacements and makeup subfolders. I planned to play without any CC except the bare necessities for awhile since I was starting all over and really digging the speedy loading times. Also, I have all EPs and SPs up to and including M&G Stuff.

All of that being said, I'm totally prepared for copious amounts of sporkage for being nonawesome. Thanks in advance for even reading this far.

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!
It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: two issues with pets
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 03, 05:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the want satisfied if you become friends with the pet?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lingeringviolet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 03, 05:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They were already pet best friends when the wants rolled up, but I went in game just now and used TJ's blender to reduce it to -20, had her yell at the dog to remove the friend stuff, then use the blender again to put it back half way and had her play with it until they became pet best friends again. No want fulfillment.

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!
It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 04, 14:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen the "be friends with pet" thing as well. It doesn't fulfill, but it will roll out eventually.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: