More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 05:05:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  It may be interesting for you
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: It may be interesting for you  (Read 18862 times)
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
It may be interesting for you
« on: 2007 May 22, 04:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry MATY,but  because of attached file size limit Sad I post it as Alexx58 on Insimenator and MTS2 with title"Fights for points".
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=47141

« Last Edit: 2007 June 03, 11:43:48 by Alexx » Logged
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: It may be interesting for you
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 22, 19:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not certain, but I think that promoting your stuff is techincally Retardo Land material.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 22, 19:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the difference if I can't post it on MATY?But maybe as info post it is for Podium section.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 22, 19:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or perhaps Peasantry.  No little description of what this is?

Tribulatio proxima est
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 22, 19:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wants & Fears Retuning for Seasons
Made by: Alexx58
I made some retuning of Seasons WantTrees and finally put fight wants and fears
triggers in proper places.Some misc retunings for bladder failure and energy failure fears
No more senseless fights or fights for fun only!Now Fights can collect points!
Futures:
Win Fight Want can appear for almost any aspiration from teens to elders.
More often for Popularity,Wealth & Pleasure Asp,and for Mean,Neat,Outgoing & Active characters.
Win Fight with subject Want can appear when relations with subject in range from -75 to -100.
Lose Fight Fear can appear for almost any aspiration from teens to elders.
Win Fight & Win Fight with subject wans can appears more often on community lots.
Win Fight with subject even with good relations can appear while party.
Chance for bladder and energy failure fears increased for any aspiration.
Some retuning for EP1(University):
Toga & Regular Party wants lightly decreased.
Hangout want lightly decreased while party.
Play handheld with subject want increased.
Win & lose game against subject wants decreased.
For EP4(Pets):
Get pets or kitten/puppy wants lightly decreased.
Commands come here,stay,sit up,play dead - decreased.
No changes for other EPs
Install:
Unrar
Make backup of original WantTree.package in \The Sims 2\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\Wants\directory
and put this package instead.For uninstall remove this package and put original package from backup.
{Sorry for my bad english)
Enjoy!

Alexx, you owe me one for posting what you should have. Wink

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 23, 03:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alexx, have you seen JM's "wants & fears sanity"? It's a similar concept.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 23, 04:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any concept from J.M. about Fight Wants&Fears.Or maybe you see these wants&fears in your game with J.M.mod installed? Grin
I asked him about it several times and finally made it themselves.And else - retuning + retriggering and hack is very different things.
TreeWans package contain 303 trees with full game wants & fears tuning system and check all links not easy at all.
I almost sure that when you try this you will say"How can I play without it? Smiley
Also I will plan globally rebuild Party Wants section.Kick off annoying hang out and pillow fight and replace for something more resonable.Is many other missing wants that must be invoked in game.But ...if i will find time for this.
P.S.And please, no more comments about compares with other hacks or mods.I don't steal anything from anyone. Angry
« Last Edit: 2007 May 23, 09:17:11 by Alexx » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 23, 11:13:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While interesting, this is really an Insim item. As a technical thing, we cannot recommend tampering with the core install as a good idea.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 23, 13:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After almost week of playing with this "item" installed all I can notice-no side effects ,no game crashes,no other wants or fears disappeared.Waiting tactic is a wisdom tactic but(sorry for joke) Smiley it's time when Fights Runs You.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 23, 15:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't expect it to CRASH, but modifying core game files breaks patches and you can't install anything else that affects that file. As for the rest of your post:

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 23, 15:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much for nice picture!I put in on my desktop as warning about before installing any patches or EP I .of course must remove any hacks or modified packages.This thread may be closed! Smiley
« Last Edit: 2007 May 25, 22:14:59 by Alexx » Logged
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 23, 15:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you mean thread?

If not, what's a trat?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 23, 15:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes Thanks it was error Smiley
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 23, 15:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't expect it to CRASH, but modifying core game files breaks patches and you can't install anything else that affects that file.

While the latter part is true... I think something might have changed about the former part, possibly since Pets, maybe even as early as OFB?

When I installed Pets, I totally forgot to revert back to my original Wants folder (since I am using my teenwoohoowants hack And, at the time, I was using Squiinge's Uni Career LTWs hack - so all 3 "core" files are modded in my game).  Pets installed AND patched fine, with no complaints. *shrugs*

Just to test this again, I purposefully didn't bother to revert back to the original files when I installed Seasons.  Again, no complains from that or the patch[es].  Same thing goes for Celebrations! Stuff.

So... just like with the LTWs... it appears that something might've changed.  It makes me wonder if you can mod the WantTrees by sticking the .package file in the Downloads folder too?  I haven't tried it myself yet. Undecided

Ste

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 23, 16:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I don't know too if it possible to make something that goes to downloads.I've made it simply for playing right now and not
with next patch or EP or in next year.You always have choice-install or not install or other choice remove or not remove.
Maybe I'll try to do somehing more compact and universal,but not now.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 23, 17:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

P.S.And please, no more comments about compares with other hacks or mods.I don't steal anything from anyone. Angry
I wasn't implying that. I just wondered if you had looked at JM's since it is similar, and you might get a bigger response promoting it on a site not of JM's, since a lot of us have his version. A lot of hackers/modders come out with similar work and that doesn't mean they've stolen from each other...just that the annoyance the mod is addressing is bad enough that more than one person cares to fix it.

I'm not downloading your particular hack, but that's just because I already have JM's, and his does what I want. Yours does some things I don't want (personal taste). Specifically "No more senseless fights or fights for fun only!" Fights should always be senseless.  Kiss

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 23, 18:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cannot be any conflicts with any hacks or mods installed.But if you don't want have fights wants&fears, of course don't download
this "item".And don't be so serious Smiley It is only game-nothing more. Grin
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 23, 20:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually... it would conflict with my teenwoohoowants hack, which modifies the same file, hence Pescado pointing out his disdain for such "core" file type hacks, because there can only be ONE! Cheesy

Ste

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 23, 21:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you mean The same file?Wanttrees.package?Seems Wanttrees is icon recharging and retriggering system and I don't
see any links with hacks in Downloads.It is "other side of the moon" Smiley
« Last Edit: 2007 May 23, 21:27:38 by Alexx » Logged
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 23, 21:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that Syberspunk is referring to this hack.

And I think these sort of hacks only break patches if the patch needs to modify that file (which is why some patches barf if you just edit Graphics Rules.sgr, it isn't the file the patch expected, but non-patched files aren't read).

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 23, 22:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok Trees that was modified don't have any attitude to woohoo or any same interactions.For EP4 I only lowered
chance to appear some Wants in Wants slots.
Nothing important not changed at all.And of course I don't remove any core trees,but only
add in some trees Wants and Fears about fighting.When you play in uni - game run EP1 trees and after it
fillfulled game run random trees with chance of random wants as Fight,Invite someone,see any ghost t.c.
In this case I don't see any chance to conflict with hacks in downloads or packages in other EPs directories.
All I wanted is to have some missing wants in my game and made it not for competion in modding!
And my favorite prog not SimPE but CubaseSX because in 'not sim life 'I make music.
In any case thank you all for discussion Smiley
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 24, 15:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok Trees that was modified don't have any attitude to woohoo or any same interactions.For EP4 I only lowered
chance to appear some Wants in Wants slots.
Nothing important not changed at all.And of course I don't remove any core trees,but only
add in some trees Wants and Fears about fighting.

I believe they're saying that any changes to those trees IS important. Hence the conflicts.

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 24, 16:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that right way to say anything about anything is to try this at first. Smiley
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 24, 17:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that right way to say anything about anything is to try this at first. Smiley
You also promote using deleteallcharacters and trashing sims with wants & fears from the bin. Both of which, when done regularly, cause ye ole ball of fire.  So, yeah....perhaps it would be a good idea to recognize that the top hack/modders here may know better.

You've got a very big obsession with fights, too. I think even Pescado would be alarmed.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 24, 18:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About obsession with fight you don't right at all.I'm not sportsman and Klitschko not my friend but only countryman.And I don't
have any wish turn game to fightsmadness!About J.M., it was only joke and I'm really sorry if it somehow insult him.But your captiousness surprise me a little. Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: