More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 05:19:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Rule of 6 Mod Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rule of 6 Mod Question  (Read 4330 times)
escagirluk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Rule of 6 Mod Question
« on: 2011 May 03, 13:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll probably be burned alive for posting this - whether because it's the wrong forum, or the answer is just plain obvious.

Has Pescado's "Rule of 6" mod been updated for the latest expansions, patches, vampires, and the like? I ask, because I suddenly noticed that the aging seemed off. I'm sure I remember normal lifespan being longer than 85 days with Rule of 6.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Rule of 6 Mod Question
« Reply #1 on: 2011 May 03, 18:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works in my game.  I don't believe it is in need of constant updating.  Additionally, the RTFM states that it is a

"Crappy XML tweak changing the aging lengths to realistic scaling following the
Rule of 6, so that the 0 and 12 stages are not unnaturally elongated."

This suggests that the overall lifespan of a Sim is in line with the game's set parameters, but that the lengths of different life stages are adjusted to better reflect real life (toddler stage is not as long as young adult, for example).

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 May 03, 21:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything is currently up to date, yes. "Listed" lifespan may appear slightly shorter because Elders do not actually die at the end of their listed lifespan and may continue for quite some time. All proportions are scaled to be accurate to real life, which means in combination with AwesomeMod's CAS rules, anything you could realistically get in real life, can be generated out of CAS. If you don't use this, some unrealistic combinations may become possible and some realistic combinations become impossible, as sims would then age differently from regular-peoples.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
escagirluk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 May 03, 21:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that's good then. I was thinking there was something wrong when my baby was only a baby for two days, and then toddler stage stated there was six days until becoming a child.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 May 03, 23:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then you should expect the 6/12 stages to be 8 days each, scaled much like real life.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: