More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 15:25:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a fix for the wedding limo?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a fix for the wedding limo?  (Read 8348 times)
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
Is there a fix for the wedding limo?
« on: 2008 July 26, 21:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that some time after Bon Voyage, the black limo no longer comes to take the newlyweds away to their honeymoon.  Is this because you can schedule a honeymoon with Bon Voyage or is it just a glitch?  Are there any fixes for it?
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Is there a fix for the wedding limo?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 26, 21:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem...but it doesn't really bother me.
Sorry I can't help.  Just wanted you to know that you are not alone.
tgcgoddess
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 26, 22:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, it's just as you suspected, Bon Voyage does away with the old style "honeymoon".  As far as I know, there is no way to get the limo to show up after a wedding party one it's installed. 
But then again, I am not awesome.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 26, 23:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct.  The lack of limo after BV is apparently not a "problem" per se, but a feature.  At least honeymoons are now a realistic amount of time (not just a quickie at an off lot motel that rents rooms by the hour).

Tribulatio proxima est
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 27, 00:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the old style quickie honeymoon.

I wish it could be implemented back post-BV, since I never send them on BV honeymoons, and the BV honeymoons are glitched all to hell anyway.
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 27, 01:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still get the limo and I have everything installed except IKEA.  If I have anything other than a horrible wedding party, the limo shows up.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 27, 01:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if the limo's not coming and you want the effect - if not the limo ride itself - you could always maxmotives the happy couple (or just manually drag the bars if you're playing debug/cheats-on).

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 27, 02:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, but...it's just not the same.  Sad

I was never really in it for the motive boost. It was just a cute tradition.

It's kinda like if some new EP came along that replaced the toilets with colostomy bags.

Even if you still want your toilets, you get NO CHOICE. Everyone gets a shitbag now instead, sorry!
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 27, 02:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it really isn't the same (and lovely example, btw Wink). Though I can't say as I'm overly upset to see it go (if it is gone in my game - have only thrown one wedding party since BV, and they'd scheduled some Takemizu time). The limo ride was nice and all, but it always irked me that one or the other would inevitably choose to ride up front with the driver or something stupid. And that's assuming they were fast enough to bolt to the limo together and avoid the situation where one wound up stuck in the car with no escape and their needs plummeting fast since I hadn't bothered to pee/feed them in anticipation of the free boost. Seemed like as often as not, I had to do the whole party over again because of limo borkage. It was a cute tradition when it worked, but it was a bit too twitchy for me to be sad to see it go.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 27, 03:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And that's assuming they were fast enough to bolt to the limo together and avoid the situation where one wound up stuck in the car with no escape and their needs plummeting fast since I hadn't bothered to pee/feed them in anticipation of the free boost.
This actually can't happen, since motive failures cannot occur while inside the limo, and eventually the limo will leave and give the one sim its motive boost if the other one fails to join.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 27, 05:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hated the limo. If it would have waited to come back until the next morning, that would have worked. But as it was they ended up coming back at 11:00PM all wound up at the wrong time.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 27, 10:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kinda like if some new EP came along that replaced the toilets with colostomy bags.

Even if you still want your toilets, you get NO CHOICE. Everyone gets a shitbag now instead, sorry!

Isn't that what's going to happen in Sims 3?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 27, 15:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...one wound up stuck in the car with no escape and their needs plummeting fast since I hadn't bothered to pee/feed them in anticipation of the free boost.
This actually can't happen, since motive failures cannot occur while inside the limo, and eventually the limo will leave and give the one sim its motive boost if the other one fails to join.
Huh, I have a distinct memory of this occurring in my game, but I guess without screenshots it never happened. Wink

I hated the limo. If it would have waited to come back until the next morning, that would have worked. But as it was they ended up coming back at 11:00PM all wound up at the wrong time.
That's kind of the way I felt about it too. Usually I'd throw 'em in the sack to woohoo a few times and see if it'd tire them out enough to sleep. Failing that I'd drag their sleep bars down and give them their complimentary maxmotives to start the next day.

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 27, 18:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was waiting for someone to chime in with that.

God, I really hope not. The expensive toilet is so comfy....
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 August 09, 13:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was waiting for someone to chime in with that.

God, I really hope not. The expensive toilet is so comfy....

Well, it's that one-click-and-your-toilets-needs-are-met business.  I am suspicious.  As I have said elsewhere, if I build them a bathroom, I want to see them use it.  And if I don't, I want to see them suffer.

In other news, I threw a double wedding at the weekend and the limo came - see pic.  So, it's either been fixed with FT or was never borked to begin with.  Or maybe it's just me.

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j49/Maxon/?action=view&current=TheLimoCame.jpg

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 August 09, 13:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's that one-click-and-your-toilets-needs-are-met business.  I am suspicious.  As I have said elsewhere, if I build them a bathroom, I want to see them use it.  And if I don't, I want to see them suffer.
Rod "Moar Pee" Humble has promised us that there will be plenty of pants-wetting. Don't worry about that. I think it's more that they're stealing the Stories-esque "press button to use bathroom" clicker which remains insuperior to the original Macrotastics version. Given the previews, it's reasonable to expect that splashing in their own pee is going to be a major sim irritation that will have to be axed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 August 09, 13:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss seeing my sims run naked from the shower outside and into the limo. They were obviousl very eager to get straight down to "business".
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 August 09, 14:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still haven't managed to have a honeymoon since BV.  Either I forget about the lack of automation, or I screw up the booking and it doesn't happen.  Mostly though I just don't have wedding arch weddings. 

I agree that it would have made far more sense for the limo to return the next morning!

I'm pretty sure I have seen a hack to put the limo honeymoon back in the game.  Since I don't visit too many places it is likely at MTS2 or 2Jeffs. 
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 August 09, 15:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rod "Moar Pee" Humble has promised us that there will be plenty of pants-wetting. Don't worry about that. I think it's more that they're stealing the Stories-esque "press button to use bathroom" clicker which remains insuperior to the original Macrotastics version. Given the previews, it's reasonable to expect that splashing in their own pee is going to be a major sim irritation that will have to be axed.

My, my - it's quite unlike you to have confidence in Maxis.  I think Satan will be skating to work today.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 August 09, 16:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have confidence in their ability to fail. That is not a good confidence.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 August 09, 17:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still haven't managed to have a honeymoon since BV.  Either I forget about the lack of automation, or I screw up the booking and it doesn't happen.  Mostly though I just don't have wedding arch weddings. 
I don't do many formal weddings, either. Only sims who want a wedding party get the party, and other than that only Family or Popularity use the arch. I have barely any of either. My 'hood is taken over by Cheese.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: