More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 07:54:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does this make sense?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does this make sense?  (Read 117196 times)
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Re: Does this make sense?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 02, 21:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember that JMP definitely started out saying that he wanted everyone to come through the front page, and that we should give links to the forum only to answer specific questions. But finding specific forum posts in Search has always been a nightmare. Here are a few posts from him that I could find that clarify things:

Hey, JMP, I'm currently working on a Newbie's guide to TS2 for Worldsims.  Can I include a link to this thread in it?

& another:
Can I link this thread to Worldsims?

Bleh.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 02, 22:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember that JMP definitely started out saying that he wanted everyone to come through the front page, and that we should give links to the forum only to answer specific questions. But finding specific forum posts in Search has always been a nightmare. Here are a few posts from him that I could find that clarify things:

Hey, JMP, I'm currently working on a Newbie's guide to TS2 for Worldsims.  Can I include a link to this thread in it?

& another:
Can I link this thread to Worldsims?

Bleh.
Thanks for finding this.  I remembered that but like you said it's hard to find stuff on here.  I too remember him saying to only link to the front page unless it was a question about a specific hack, but I can't find this now.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 02, 22:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well these are questions about a specific hack. And she's not letting people link to the font page either.

I'd love to know who these supposed people are that wrote her. Did anyone hear write her? Seriously, if you did just say so, no one will care. Hell, I'll congratulate anyone who sent her a nasty PM. As much as I'd love to take credit for leaving her a bag of flaming dog poo, it wasn't me. So if it wasn't anyone from Pescado's site complaining about how she is not linking to the right address, then who was it? None of her camp care.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 03, 00:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

VampCat
Re: Buyable Rewards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecki
Wouldn't it be nice to direct the OP to where the original hacks are?

(MATY link removed at demand of MATY owner )for the originals by twojeffs so you can worship them in all their awesome goodness.

(now for a Captain Obvious moment: delete the spaces in the site address as for some reason that address won't link properly from here. Then add / s m f as that won't come up right in my post either - again removing the spaces)

Why should I? Firstly the person wanted Hack-Free objects, Secondly JM complained about us linking to him which is why you had trouble writing the address, And thirdly, these are VS forums, not MATY and we can make whatever objects we like, and manage our forums as we like, which includes deleting your posts if needbe. Twojeffs decided to leave here so we have no obligation run around seeking links to post to his stuff, If he wanted people visiting VS to see his stuff he would not have left, it was his choice. We have no obligation to link to MATY and were infact asked not to.

Just because Twojeffs modded a Maxis object does not mean that I am not allowed to, GET OVER IT!

Modding is NOT about worship, it is about giving the public a CHOICE!

May I just say, this is bullshit!  Meanwhile they're whining about CEP and credit apparently in Conspiracy Land going to the creators of the CEP instead of themselves, but VampCat is quite content to 'spit out' new versions of twojeffs' hacks and therefore gain extra credit.  No one said Vamp Cat wasn't allowed to make the hack, but credit where credit is due.

EDIT: But wait, I even got a PM from RentechD:

pescado's links on this site

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason Pesado site link IS BLOCKED was explained on this site in detail - it was done at Pescado's request because he sad all the people that used his site were "too brainless" and "kept gving out links that skipped hs 'joke' page". We told him we had no way to correct all the different links people wrote for hs site and he demanded we block all links period.

You were told that and told why and expected not to play games with spaces. All your post did - giving it out with spaces was to get this site 7 cussing PM's frpm Boris about allowing that the link from you. What you do on his site is up to you but you have to follow riles on this site if you are going to use it. In this case you broke a site rule here and went against Pescado's wishes, something I am sure yu don't want to do ieven if you enjoy giving Pescado a reason to cuss at us.

TwoJeff was aware of this linking polocy and was here when this site agreed to do it. His suggestion was to tell you all just to Google it. So he does not need help from you

What was I told?  And when?  Has Rentwit gotten me confused with somebody else?
« Last Edit: 2005 November 03, 00:30:55 by vecsta » Logged

<insert witty comment here>
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 03, 00:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just think Rentwit stays in a confused state period.  She is shall we say, full of poops la roo.  Cheesy 
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 03, 00:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jesus!!

Vampcat has sure got his knickers in a twist!! When reading his whiny reply I could almost see the smoke coming out of his ears and his face contorting with rage and idignation. Also the classic line "Moding is not about worship, it is about giving the public a choice" *Ahem* I'm sure he believes his own bs...not!!   Produced a 'giggly' moment for me, that's for sure.  Grin

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 03, 00:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All your post did - giving it out with spaces was to get this site 7 cussing PM's frpm Boris about allowing that the link from you.

...You would think Boris would be busier with other things than checking to make sure absolutely no links to this site are posted at VS, much less taking the time to send ~7~ "cussing PM's".
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 03, 00:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And of course the thread was locked to prevent ... oh you know.... healthy debate on the topic.

I was tempted to pm him and rentechd (who knows, maybe I could get myself a ban?  I was thinking of deleting my account if I could figure out how to do it anyway) but I don't think I could match that face twisting, vein popping, screeching tone.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 03, 01:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh for god's sake! Does she really expect us to believe that Boris made 7 cussing pms to her in that short of a timespan? Exaggerate much?  Roll Eyes

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 03, 01:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jesus!!

Vampcat has sure got his knickers in a twist!! When reading his whiny reply I could almost see the smoke coming out of his ears and his face contorting with rage and idignation. Also the classic line "Moding is not about worship, it is about giving the public a choice" *Ahem* I'm sure he believes his own bs...not!!   Produced a 'giggly' moment for me, that's for sure.  Grin
Looks like Vamp Cat is in dire need of some woohoo to me. hmmm..... the modding comment is the easy way out of  the corner he stuck himself in.if his modding abilities were  even close to what Two Jeffs or Pescado's are he wouldnt be such a crybaby. it produced a shake my head in di :-\sbelief moment for me

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 03, 01:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And of course the thread was locked to prevent ... oh you know.... healthy debate on the topic.

I was tempted to pm him and rentechd (who knows, maybe I could get myself a ban?  I was thinking of deleting my account if I could figure out how to do it anyway) but I don't think I could match that face twisting, vein popping, screeching tone.

LOL...I forgot to visualise the 'screeching tone'. Now my 'giggly' moment has blown out to a full LMAO  Cheesy

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 03, 01:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My that thread has been heavily... modified... it reads totally differently now than when I read it yesterday.

Unsouper
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 03, 01:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My that thread has been heavily... modified... it reads totally differently now than when I read it yesterday.

Wow what a suprise!  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

I really think Rennie and her bunch are the most pathetic people in the Sims community. Worse than Delphy and his groupies at MTS2, worse than Steve and the money whores at TSR, worse than any idiotic 10 year on the BBS who uploads other people's stuff and takes credit for it.

She's a petty, paranoid scumbag tyrant and just all around pathetic and Vampcat is some kid hanger on who she found and is now clinging to as her claim to fame since she pissed off every modder who was worth a damn in the Sims community.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 03, 01:19:07 by Motoki » Logged

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 03, 01:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Motoki.  Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.  Cheesy
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 03, 01:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

censorship is the name of the game over at VS.I wonder how many new members would sign up for VS if this statement was inserted " we reserve the right to censor any and all posts on this forum" we further reserve the right make you a read only member and effectively ban you while declaring to the world that you are not banned"  we also reserve  and will exercise the right to turn out cheap imitations of mods that other creators made and took with them when they left Lips sealed

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 03, 01:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CRAP! CRAP! CRAP! I didn't realize the damn thread was closed and hit the freaking THANKS button instead of the quote button.  Son of a b!tch. Please disregard that horrifying nonsense I managed to get myself into.  I certainly don't condone what he is doing.

Edit: I just posted a request for deletion of my account.  Wonder if my post will stay? http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?p=26865#post26865

If not it read:

While reading a ridiculous thread this evening, I erroneously "thanked" Vampcat rather than quoting (didn't realize the thread was closed). In actuality, I think re-creating someone else's mods just to avoid linking to a site that one doesn't like is absolutely the height of insanity.

I've come to the conclusion therefore that I would rather my membership here just be deleted.  I have no wish to continue visiting here now that the hackers I joined for have already left anyway. As I've no obvious method of deleting my own account, I'd appreciate it if an administrator here would be so kind.  They obviously have no qualms about it anyway.

« Last Edit: 2005 November 03, 02:03:38 by MokeyHokey » Logged
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 03, 01:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeff was aware of this linking polocy and was here when this site agreed to do it. His suggestion was to tell you all just to Google it. So he does not need help from you

That's true, I did say that. AND I SAID IT AS PART OF THE ADMIN FORUM!

Rentech was extremely pissed and spitting fire as VS that someone starting posting here about things that were said in that private forum on VS. And now she starts spewing the shit out in PM's to users.  Angry

Twojeffs is now officially pissed.

I stand by what I said at the time, and I was there when 'The Site' agreed to not link here, but I never saw anything other than Rentech's word (which I took at the time) that JM had requested she do it.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 03, 01:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never saw anything other than Rentech's word (which I took at the time) that JM had requested she do it.

Neither have I. I would love to know once and for all if he ever point blank told her not to link to his page.

I also hate how the replaced text says 'link block by linked site' um, no it isn't. I could maybe see it saying 'link blocked by request of site owner' assuming it actually was requested, but this actual site ain't blocking shit. She's doing it and has admitted as such, so why she continues to use that very misleading text is anyone's guess.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 03, 02:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how many new members would sign up for VS...

Well I guess the original poster would.

I suppose I sound paranoid if I mention that ms "oh I can't find any sims2 downloads like there were for sims1, but here on this obscure small site I find someone who's just going to give me everything I need" sounds rather set-up-ishy. No offense to any of these sites, but nowadays there's tons of stuff for sims2 - just not anything that takes new animations <still waiting - it'll be here eventually> Not that I personally have any kick in this game to be paranoid over, but I'm right skeptical about net posters.

Wonder if someone over at MTS2 would change the links on the career rewards thread to redirect here rather than VS? (Really no offense, but I can see that it must be kinda a pain trying to follow the modders around and provide the proper links.) Anyways, I'd think they'd change it if requested to do so? Seems to me tons of people ending up there looking for twojeffs is rather silly.

Unsouper
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 03, 02:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given my post count - hello I have 3 remaining posts on that board (most were previously in Pescado's forum and a few in twojeffs), did it not occurr to Rentwit that I may not have seen any request - even if it HAD been publicised?

EDIT: Calling Pescado: did you ask RentechD and the rest of the VS team to block links to MATY?  If so, then I've committed a blunder and am fully deserving of lips being ripped.  If not, we have more evidence that RentechD and co are a sack of lying, scheming, overdressed retards.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 03, 02:11:09 by vecsta » Logged

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 03, 02:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firstly the person wanted Hack-Free objects

What the heck does that mean?  TwoJeffs objects are hacks, but VampCat's aren't?  What a load of BS.  What bothers me the most is that people who are not involved in this mess come asking for help and get this runaround.  Rentech and Co. aren't concerned about helping people, they are concerned with sticking it to JM and screw the people who happen to come to her site looking for certain files.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 03, 02:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IWonder if someone over at MTS2 would change the links on the career rewards thread to redirect here rather than VS? (Really no offense, but I can see that it must be kinda a pain trying to follow the modders around and provide the proper links.) Anyways, I'd think they'd change it if requested to do so? Seems to me tons of people ending up there looking for twojeffs is rather silly.
I see links to here all the time on Mod the sims2 especially in the help section

Doctor Boris
FFS Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 03, 02:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All your post did - giving it out with spaces was to get this site 7 cussing PM's frpm Boris about allowing that the link from you.
This is lie. Boris does not know even who this "Rentech" is and has never been to this Rentech's site. Boris barely even has time to go to this site, and even this is not Boris's site and Boris does not decide policy. Boris is too busy preparing to leave country to worry about silly politics of sites that do not belong to Boris.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 03, 02:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IWonder if someone over at MTS2 would change the links on the career rewards thread to redirect here rather than VS? (Really no offense, but I can see that it must be kinda a pain trying to follow the modders around and provide the proper links.) Anyways, I'd think they'd change it if requested to do so? Seems to me tons of people ending up there looking for twojeffs is rather silly.
I see links to here all the time on Mod the sims2 especially in the help section
Gee, I wonder why JM doesn't mind MTS2 linking here, but he doesn't want VS linking here??  And why would Dr. Boris send 7 cussing PMs?  Wouldn't one be enough?  Oh yes, her story wouldn't have the same impact then...
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 03, 02:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, I wonder why JM doesn't mind MTS2 linking here, but he doesn't want VS linking here??  And why would Dr. Boris send 7 cussing PMs?  Wouldn't one be enough?  Oh yes, her story wouldn't have the same impact then...

Oh yeah, and JMPescado's own SimPage - ON THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE WHERE MOST OF THE SHEEP RESIDE - actually links to the front page.  Gee, way to prevent the idiots from coming here!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: