More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 10:27:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does this make sense?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does this make sense?  (Read 117196 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Does this make sense?
« Reply #75 on: 2005 November 03, 04:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only ask that it not be posted on any of the forums on VS.

LOL as if we could! If we tried, I give it 5 minutes tops before it gets deleted.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 November 03, 04:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hee hee.  Well me leaving there is no great loss to them as I was never a huge participant in any forums other than Pescado's and twojeffs, and I'm sure she'll take it as me being sour about being told off both on the thread and via pm, but I was actually considering it for quite some time due to them leaving and the recent name calling in the CEP thread, and I don't even want to have a membership at a place with such nasty staff.

EDIT: added my two cents to the copy-n-paste job.

This is a copy of reggiko's recent pm to you.  Credit where credit's due and all that.  I know I won't be any great loss to you, but I don't want to have to come back to check on my account.  Frankly, the modders that I came to this site for have left, and from what I can see it's good reason.

I also don't like the atmosphere this board has taken on, where questioning decisions taken by staff is not permitted, unless it's by the admin, or the lying (Pescado NEVER asked you to block his site from here, Inge DID NOT accidentally type buttocks instead of server), or the outright nasty personal attacks on Delphy and others.  So, delete my account.  It's not like I was ever a huge participant on this board anyway.

Thanks

Due to recent circumstances, most noteworthy the CEP thread and VampCat's cavalier attitude about duplicating another modder's work, I request that you delete my membership to this site as I cannot see an obvious way to do it myself. Variousimmers used to be great, but (and this has nothing to do with Pescado or his leaving) I recently have been very disappointed by the politics and bullshit. Deleting threads, editing posts, the whole linking nonsense, the name-calling and utter draconian censorship (unless it's one of the forum owners doing the name-calling, etc), effectively banning people while not 'technically' banning them, in other words, THE GAMES you people seem intent on playing are not my cup of tea and I'd prefer not to have my name listed as a site member here. I know you will blame Pescado or Inge or whatever other scapegoat you find handy for the sorry state of affairs this site is in, but you have no one to blame but yourself and some of your other forum owners, VampCat in particular. No need to respond/defend/whatever. Just remove my membership please.

<insert witty comment here>
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 November 03, 04:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm half-way tempted now to go over there and create an account just so I can PM Rennie and ask her to delete it.   Grin
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 November 03, 04:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wait, I almost forgot, everything is Witch's fault. Tongue

I thought it was Inge's fault. Or Delphy's. Or Quaxi's. Or RGiles. Or Numenor. Or Pescado's. Or TwoJeffs'. Or.....

You know, one would think that if you have a problem with so many people, maybe it's not them? Just a thought.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 November 03, 04:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can imagine the old line of "it's not you, it's me" doing a switcheroo when it comes to people with that type of attitude....  Wink

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 November 03, 05:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh ho!

I have been banned.  The account has not been deleted.  But banned.

Decided to test it out by trying to reply to an open topic in Carrigon's forum

vecki, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Same deal when I tried to start a new topic in her 'Support Forum' - as a test, I didn't actually want to post anything.

One strike and you're out on VS, kiddies.

EDIT: ah, yes, the small print:

Posting Rules 
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 November 03, 05:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm half-way tempted now to go over there and create an account just so I can PM Rennie and ask her to delete it.   Grin

I know, me too.  Cheesy
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2005 November 03, 05:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That notice came about because rentech was upset that Witch posted here about the stupid survey and the PS2 demo CDs she had gotten from Maxis.

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that survey on a public board? I mean, it was just out in the open where anyone could read it, not in a private board for mods only right?

The survey itself was, I was referring the discussions about it beforehand when Rentech found out from Maxis that the site was being given the demo disks. She wanted to keep the 'prize' a secret.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 November 03, 05:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah well Vecsta, it was bound to happen.

I'll bet ol' Ren has some sort of bot over there that just bans every person who posts anything with the words -  CEP, bullshit, banning, deleting, Pescado, Twojeffs, Inge and Witch in it...whether collectively or separately   Grin

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 November 03, 05:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't think to check before...  It's quite possible I was banned the moment 'they' saw my post in the thread.

I don't think she's read my PM yet.

(I do like the fact that the post that got me banned was also the only post where someone 'added to my reputation', saying "Nice to know someone actually provided the information they were asking for!!!"

Was that someone from here!? Cheesy

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 November 03, 05:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, me too.  Cheesy
Me three

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 November 03, 05:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I do like the fact that the post that got me banned was also the only post where someone 'added to my reputation', saying "Nice to know someone actually provided the information they were asking for!!!"

Was that someone from here!? Cheesy
How could you tell which post someone added reputation for?  I could never tell which one, only that someone had done it.  I clicked add and remove for several posters, but I keep getting that message about having to spread it around before giving to this person again, even when I'm not giving rep.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 November 03, 05:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was either in my profile or account info - I think where my subscribed threads were.

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 November 03, 05:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have to wonder what sort of ban Vecsta received. Was it the official ban? Or was it the you're-not-really-banned-but-sort-of-are-ban? Tongue
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 November 03, 05:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to know that too, after all, if even Pescado isn't banned officially (but what the hell is the difference between read-only and guest, is what I'd like to know)  Roll Eyes
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 November 03, 05:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got a PM. Apparently she will not delete my account because that will simply give "me and my friends" the avenue to create new accounts and continue to cause trouble on her site. Excuse me? I have never caused trouble on her site, first of all. I've always been polite, etc. Secondly, as if I couldn't create a bogus account anyway. Thirdly, I haven't even posted there since July. Also, she doesn't want me "twisting the truth" and saying she banned me. Uh-huh. She is willing, however, to let me see what "read-only" status is like.

She can blow it out her server if she thinks I'll ever go there again. Read-only! Hah.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 November 03, 05:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to know that too, after all, if even Pescado isn't banned officially (but what the hell is the difference between read-only and guest, is what I'd like to know)  Roll Eyes
seems like the same thingg to me

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005 November 03, 05:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can somebody try to send me a pm on VS?  My sent items have disappeared (no I did not delete them) and I'm curious to see if I can still read them (I remember Inge having trouble viewing PMs after being 'accidentally' banned - sorry, put on read-only - sorry, disabled).

BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 November 03, 05:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got a PM. Apparently she will not delete my account because that will simply give "me and my friends" the avenue to create new accounts and continue to cause trouble on her site. Excuse me? I have never caused trouble on her site, first of all. I've always been polite, etc. Secondly, as if I couldn't create a bogus account anyway. Thirdly, I haven't even posted there since July. Also, she doesn't want me "twisting the truth" and saying she banned me. Uh-huh. She is willing, however, to let me see what "read-only" status is like.

She can blow it out her server if she thinks I'll ever go there again. Read-only! Hah.

That is such complete and utter shite!  rentech needs to get out and get a real god-damned life.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 November 03, 05:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can somebody try to send me a pm on VS?  My sent items have disappeared (no I did not delete them) and I'm curious to see if I can still read them (I remember Inge having trouble viewing PMs after being 'accidentally' banned - sorry, put on read-only - sorry, disabled).
The following users were not found:
vecsta
 I tried and  the above was  the very quick terse response
« Last Edit: 2005 November 03, 05:39:31 by Bangelnuts » Logged

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 November 03, 05:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is such complete and utter shite!  rentech needs to get out and get a real god-damned life.

Do you hear that? It's the crumbling of Rentechd's reality all around her. The members of the community who believe a thing she says will get increasingly smaller with each outlandish remark she makes. That PM she sent you was laughable and proves how deep her delusions really are. Puhleeze, she acts more irrational all the time, her biggest enemy is herself. I say we all send pictures of our bare servers and tell her to enjoy the ghost town formerly known as her site. She's the instrument of her own destruction.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 November 03, 05:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are Vecsta on that site, you don't appear in the member list.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 November 03, 05:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say we all send pictures of our bare servers and tell her to enjoy the ghost town formerly known as her site. She's the instrument of her own destruction.

ROFLMAO!  Grin
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005 November 03, 05:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exuse me, but deleting accounts at VS is a hasty decision.

First, you lose the access to Carrigon, Merola and Dizzy2 sections, without being able to download from there.

Second, If Rentech is acting in a childish way (that's my impression), it doen't mean that we, the players, have to follow her attitude - on the contrary, we have to demand our rights, to being helped by the Administrators.

Better, if somebody opens there a thread, something like petition, and demand the right to be helped on the spot. I would sign gladly on that petition.

I don't care if VampCat, or Rentech, or anybody at VS hates x, y, z web-owners! It's not my business at all! I just want to be free to access any site that I have favorite modders there.

Imagine that Carrigon will leave VS and move to a private site (which she already has) only. Now Rentech will block the access to her site too. And so on, and so on, until you won't be able to get any link on the VS.

I think too, that ALL the web-owners have to make a colloquium, and decide the global rools for permitted web-ownership, and one of these rules has to be: FREE and ACCESIBLE LINKS.

The initiative has to come from both: players, and web-owners.

Really, it's playing with "kaka-pipi" (shit and urine, in Hebrew)...Smiley.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005 November 03, 05:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exuse me, but deleting accounts at VS is a hasty decision.

First, you lose the access to Carrigon, Merola and Dizzy2 sections, without being able to download from there.

Second, If Rentech is acting in a childish way (that's my impression), it doen't mean that we, the players, have to follow her attitude - on the contrary, we have to demand our rights, to being helped by the Administrators.

Better, if somebody opens there a thread, something like petition, and demand the right to be helped on the spot. I would sign gladly on that petition.

I don't care if VampCat, or Rentech, or anybody at VS hates x, y, z web-owners! It's not my business at all! I just want to be free to access any site that I have favorite modders there.

Imagine that Carrigon will leave VS and move to a private site (which she already has) only. Now Rentech will block the access to her site too. And so on, and so on, until you won't be able to get any link on the VS.

I think too, that ALL the web-owners have to make a colloquium, and decide the global rools for permitted web-ownership, and one of these rules has to be: FREE and ACCESIBLE LINKS.

The initiative has to come from both: players, and web-owners.

Really, it's playing with "kaka-pipi" (shit and urine, in Hebrew)...Smiley.
apparently the only way to have your account deleted is to be banned  and  that I take issue with .I voluntarily signed up and should be allowed to leave the rank and file at my discretion not the site owner's.I could see  her having an issue with  someone if they were truly a trouble maker but I  have posted exactly 7 times over there and I dont really think wanting to leave  VS is hasty on my part . the only reason I joined in the first PLace was because  Two Jeffs was at  VS and  JMP was there. and my game functions on those mods Just as my sims dont stand at the refrigerator starving anymore bbecause they forgot to buy food thanks to Inge and her alway full mod.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: