More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 05:49:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does this make sense?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does this make sense?  (Read 117193 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Does this make sense?
« on: 2005 November 02, 06:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone asked on VS for TwoJeffs buyable career rewards mod, and instead of just telling them where they can get it, VampCat says:

twojeffs is not here anymore, sorry.

What rewards were you after as I can spit them out pretty quickly if need be?

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?threadid=2922
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
Re: Does this make sense?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 02, 06:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes about as much sense as anything does over there anymore.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 02, 06:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I guess they are not about to advertise a site More Awesome Than Them.  Cheesy
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 02, 06:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I guess they are not about to advertise a site More Awesome Than Them.  Cheesy
That's what I was thinking.  Besides, he couldn't very well post the URL, could he?  Since Rentech has it blocked. Tongue
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 02, 06:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have used the ultimate in coding technology to post the url to this site - SPACES!

Here is a copy of my post in case of deletion:

Re: Buyable Rewards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't it be nice to direct the OP to where the original hacks are?

www . moreawesomethanyou . com / for the originals by twojeffs so you can worship them in all their awesome goodness.

(now for a Captain Obvious moment: delete the spaces in the site address as for some reason that address won't link properly from here. Then add / s m f as that won't come up right in my post either - again removing the spaces)

<insert witty comment here>
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 02, 07:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear, watch out for the PMs on here.   I was really glad I had a 10 PM limit on here over the past few days.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 02, 08:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG...I can smell the fear from VS from here!! How arrogant of Vampcat to imply 'Hey, I can spit 'em out for you, no prob, you don't need TJ'  ...pftttt!!

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 02, 10:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

VC can spit out rewards? That would be a neat trick.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 02, 10:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rentech's starting to get rather amusing now.

That mod along with all TwoJeffs mods when he moved to another site - More Awesome than You. Unfortunatly, I cannot give you a link to due to many compllaints by that site owner that we had incorrect links that by passed areas of the site he wanted people to use and/or allowed people into areas he did not want them in. To stop the complaints, since we don't have anyway to know what was an okay link and what was not (every complaint was diffferent) and would generate more complaints, we blocked the links on that site owners request.

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=2661

Am I hallucinating, or is that completely wrong?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 02, 12:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look what they did to Gali trying to help out:

I have the correct URL of More Awesome Than You - I hope that the Administrator won't delete it:

http://Blocked on the request of J..../***//index.php

Edit: aawww, why block my link to maty? It's not true that JM asked for it - I can give his site's link from any other site. Exuse me, but it's "childish"....

I also like how Rentech said that twojeffs has moved to another site More Awesome Than You...
right before making that retarded statement seventhson quoted. Is it just me, or Is Rentechd trying to give the impression that TJ left because he thinks he's too good for VS? Well, she's right. He is too good for VS. I'm so glad you came here, TJ!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 02, 12:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so what if the site owner point blank spells out that the correct link is http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com and he would like people to be directed to that link? I thought he already did this but maybe Pescado should make some statement that spells this out and denies he requested any links blocked to put an end to her bullshit double talk.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 02, 13:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tee hee-did you see the post by Peaches_Cream? She said she's love to join this site, but can't afford the subscription  Grin
Sorry to jump in, but that made me giggle!

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 02, 13:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone asked on VS for TwoJeffs buyable career rewards mod, and instead of just telling them where they can get it, VampCat says:

Not only does it not make sense, I think that is VERY innappropriate modding etiquette. Is Vamp Cat prepared to duplicate all of Jeff's mods? How very rude.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 02, 14:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think some people might be looking for the buyable career reward objects for a lot that was very recently uploaded at MTS2. It's an awesome replication of the 4077th MASH unit and the thread directs people to VariousSimmers to get TJ's mod. I posted a reply indicating that TJ could be found here so hopefully people looking for his stuff because of that lot will be able to skip the VS nonsense.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 02, 16:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not only does it not make sense, I think that is VERY innappropriate modding etiquette. Is Vamp Cat prepared to duplicate all of Jeff's mods? How very rude.
That's what I thought, Reg.  While making career rewards available might be relatively simple, what about when they start requesting his other mods?  Is he going to "spit them out pretty quickly" also???
Lynda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 02, 16:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so what if the site owner point blank spells out that the correct link is http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com and he would like people to be directed to that link? I thought he already did this but maybe Pescado should make some statement that spells this out and denies he requested any links blocked to put an end to her bullshit double talk.

People can't dictate where others link.  (It SO cracked me up that the official Olympics site forbade you linking to it unless you had their written permission.)  The ONLY reason they should honor such a request, if it ever existed, would be out of respect, and they CLEARLY don't respect him.

Any site owner can EASILY redirect outside links to a different page, whichever one they want, if that was ever his goal.  He wouldn't need anyone on VS to modify their linking behavior.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 02, 16:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I thought, Reg.  While making career rewards available might be relatively simple, what about when they start requesting his other mods?  Is he going to "spit them out pretty quickly" also???

I'd like to see him try the casual romance mod!
No I wouldn't...
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 02, 16:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was it or wasn't it a request of El Presidente that they don't link to this site?

I'm confused on this point.   Undecided
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 02, 16:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG...I can smell the fear from VS from here!! How arrogant of Vampcat to imply 'Hey, I can spit 'em out for you, no prob, you don't need TJ'  ...pftttt!!
I do hope places a warning on his though  that reads caution: I am not the original modder of this so therefore it may cause unknown oddities in your game

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 02, 16:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was it or wasn't it a request of El Presidente that they don't link to this site?

I'm confused on this point.

I would like to know this too and exactly what, if anything, he requested, what he didn't, whether or not he wants them to link here and if so if he cares which page (ie the front or the specific page in question) they use.

Seems like Rennie is using Pescado's usual obtuseness to fuel her petty vendetta.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 02, 19:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is all just so sad. And that's all I've got to say 'bout that...for the moment.
hyperCat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 02, 20:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is so pathetic and ridiculous. Have they no shame? Undecided

I am kitty meow face, meow meow, look at me!
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 02, 20:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly, very well stated.  I think that the keys words here are inappropriate etiquette with more than just modding.  Plain and simple.  The lack of etiquette and severe lack of ethics is incredibly prolific with some of the modders on VS.  But none of this surprises me when it comes to VS.  I have come to accept the immature, condescending, bratty, vindictive, gonna stomp my feet and pout attitude from Rentwit and the consistent juvenile behavior from some of the others.  They just cannot seem to help themselves.  It's all done with malice and forethought and I find it all to be quite disgusting. 
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 02, 21:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is so pathetic and ridiculous. Have they no shame? Undecided

No shame, no morals, no decency  Sad

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 02, 21:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c.

I'm glad Twojeffs is here now instead of at that p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c other site.

Isn't Rentech supposed to be a smart adult? She's acting more like a spoilt child.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: