More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 09:58:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Object "In Use" Fixes (Request/WCIF)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Object "In Use" Fixes (Request/WCIF)  (Read 8105 times)
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Object "In Use" Fixes (Request/WCIF)
« on: 2007 February 07, 07:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking for hack/s that can correct two problems with objects already in use being advertised to other sims, much like the Dance Sphere In Use Fix by twojeffs.

Firstly, sims with high attraction scores feel compelled to occupy a bathtub or shower while the object is being used by a significant other. I'm aware BUY would typically kick the sim to the curb, but even so, the sim still wastes time autonomously trying interacting with used items. APO with denied autonomy appears too drastic a solution. This can be greatly irritating for unsupplied FFS homes.

The second is telescopes. I've found that sims (especially three-bolt syndrome) tend to have a fascination with attempting to utilise the single object concurrently. This happens intermittently, usually every other queue action encompasses attempting again to use the object even when still bogarted and previous acquirement failed. Oh, the perils of Sim love (and being a Pisces).

Has anyone heard or seen of any potential workarounds or fixes for these annoyances, or any other items causing similar distresses?
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Object "In Use" Fixes (Request/WCIF)
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 07, 08:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know exactly what you mean with this. Squinge has a few workarounds. I know that there is one that lets other Sims know that all of the hoses from the bong bubble blower are in use so they won't try to get on that.

There is one that stops stomping of feet when the computer is in use, but I don't remember if that was from here or Squinge. I stopped using it because it is already a part of Monique's computers, which I use exclusively.

I'm still looking for hacks that tell Sims an item is in use for the telescope, hot tub, punching bag, and the musical instruments. I'm sure there are a few other items, but this is what I can remember at the moment.

Bathrooms aren't that bad if you use BYU. By the time it gets done processing the 2nd Sim, the first one is done and doing something else, so the problem only exists if the 2nd Sim has an empty bladder and is already clean, in which case they just keep getting booted out. I temporarily give this 2nd Sim something to do like clean the house or garden just to keep them occupied until the "Love of their life" is again available to them.

This is the link to Squinge's mods. I'd start here:

http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=151

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 07, 16:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is one that stops stomping of feet when the computer is in use, but I don't remember if that was from here or Squinge. I stopped using it because it is already a part of Monique's computers, which I use exclusively.

That's CBoy's no computer madness, IIRC.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 07, 16:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yo, Dizzy, how be Dizzyness? Any progress on that thingy? We sorta have a deadline we're working under.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 07, 16:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deadline is such a negative word.  Cheesy

Honestly, at the moment I got nothin' except the idea of using Lua for scripting "sed" instead of coming up with my own scripting language. Now, if you or someone you know has a better idea for interfacing the tools, that's cool. I'd gladly hand everything over if you wanted to finish it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 07, 16:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forget about the interface, just gimme something in C that will read the package file, load its component bits into memory for theoretical prodding by tools that we will develop afterwards, and then finally, spit the contents, possibly modified in memory, back OUT. A test application would be something that can read the file, and then rewrite it back out intact.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 08, 06:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to know if there's a cure for a sim who relaxes on the bed while a significant other is sleeping.  It's just insane that they'll lay there to the point of Hunger, Bladder, and Hygiene failure when their Comfort is filled.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 08, 07:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that is caused by having couples that are extremely attracted to each other. It's hard to keep 3 bolt couples from sticking their heads up each other's asses.

I don't let hubbies relax next to their exhausted pregnant wives. It just wastes their time. Even though I prefer free will at most times, I do find these "slackers" something else to do until their spouse wakes up.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 08, 07:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a "free will" player myself and hate the micro-managing that's necessary to keep these 3-bolt morons alive.  Personally, if I was starving, the fridge would be a lot more attractive than a sleeping SO.  I'd let natural selection take over if only the survivors didn't whine so frickin' much.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 08, 07:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the neutron bomb approach myself (deleteallcharacters and let the townies and dormies regenerate as necessary), so I have problems finding a 3-bolt match for my Sims.  One or two bolts is fine for me!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 08, 08:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tinker with their turn ons to make them less than 3 bolts, I merely find that behaviour irritating, I generally go for two bolts.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 08, 15:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forget about the interface, just gimme something in C that will read the package file, load its component bits into memory for theoretical prodding by tools that we will develop afterwards, and then finally, spit the contents, possibly modified in memory, back OUT. A test application would be something that can read the file, and then rewrite it back out intact.

You can already do that by combining the use of extract, xed, and create/append in dz_utils. Now the xed tool is pretty simple, but it will get the job done.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 08, 17:11:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to know if there's a cure for a sim who relaxes on the bed while a significant other is sleeping.  It's just insane that they'll lay there to the point of Hunger, Bladder, and Hygiene failure when their Comfort is filled.

Squinge at Insim has a 'no autonomous relax' hack. I use it and it works.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 11, 04:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice if there was just a way of keeping 3-bolt couples from being joined at the hip!  I purposely made some YAs with 3-bolt attraction so they would become attracted to the one I wanted for them, only to find they were flushing the toilet when the love of their life was in the shower.  Didn't USE the toilet, just went in and flushed it.

They are all now adults with children.  And still can't stand to be away from each other.  I'm getting to where I hate to play that hood, but I do because it's my newer version of my color genetics hood.  I figure after this gen, the rest of them shouldn't be so bad.  So I keep them occupied when they start heading for the room where the Other is relaxing/bathing.

But recently, I've noticed that my 2-bolt couples are starting to do the same thing.  I don't use any romance mods, and I only have a few hacks that aren't from here.  The only thing I use that is even close to affecting relationships is TJ's pregforall, and that doesn't affect relationships, just allows my same-sex couples to get pg.

I'd just like them to act like reasonably normal couples.  Wait - what am I saying - they're stupid Sims!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 February 11, 07:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of 'in use' objects, is there any news on the double bed issue, where one side gets stuck 'In Use' when a sim not friendly enough with the sleeper tries to get in?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 February 11, 08:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd just like them to act like reasonably normal couples.  Wait - what am I saying - they're stupid Sims!

Once my Sims have all their skills and are at the top of their jobs, they spend most of their time in (Macrotastics) Power Idle.  That seems to keep them from following each other around unless ACR kicks in and they run to the bedroom or the hot tub for a WooHoo.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 February 11, 11:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once my Sims have all their skills and are at the top of their jobs, they spend most of their time in (Macrotastics) Power Idle.  That seems to keep them from following each other around unless ACR kicks in and they run to the bedroom or the hot tub for a WooHoo.

Ooooo... really?  ACR woohoo pushes into the Power Idle queue?  And all this time, I've been cancelling Power Idle when the other half of a couple becomes available for free-ranging.  Thanks, will have to try this out!  Kiss
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 February 11, 11:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yeah!  My elder Sims get more "bed time" than their kids!
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 February 12, 20:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get lonesome when my boyfriend is in the other room.. actually even when the computer eats his brain and he doesn't pay attention to me, I always have to bother him. So I guess we're 3-bolts lol (he does the same to me when I play sims, which is why I hardly play anymore)

INFP or something
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 February 12, 20:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My son says he has to call my name about 3-4 times before I hear him, when I'm playing games.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 February 13, 01:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My son says he has to call my name about 3-4 times before I hear him, when I'm playing games.

Isn't that just normal parental bahviour though?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 February 13, 01:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hehe deliberate deafness. I thought that was more a child weapon.  Grin

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 February 17, 13:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get lonesome when my boyfriend is in the other room.. actually even when the computer eats his brain and he doesn't pay attention to me, I always have to bother him. So I guess we're 3-bolts lol (he does the same to me when I play sims, which is why I hardly play anymore)

Haha, my husband and I joke that we're a 3-bolt couple because we follow each other from room to room. He doesn't play TS2, but I explained the 'bolts' system to him and he got a kick out of it. Cheesy

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: