More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 16:52:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Post problems you've noticed,
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Post problems you've noticed,  (Read 138556 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Post problems you've noticed,
« Reply #150 on: 2006 March 07, 17:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a thread about it here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3305.0

Seems to be related to teenwoohoo hacks.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Chezzie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2006 March 07, 18:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well my problem (along with all the others mentioned  Roll Eyes ) is that i cannot make meals.  everytime i try i get an error "Reference to tree table entry that does not exist." my employees can make meals but my controllable sims can't (they can Have/Serve meals with no problem and cooking skill is maxed)  Huh
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2006 March 07, 19:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently there's a starter pack that's free and the cop does come with it. You can call them to arrest loiterers and unwanted guests and if someone starts a fight you can call them and they will come and arrest the person who started it.

I'm going to try it out when I get home tonight.

haha that's just awesome.  I have to try that out!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2006 March 07, 19:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well my problem (along with all the others mentioned  Roll Eyes ) is that i cannot make meals.  everytime i try i get an error "Reference to tree table entry that does not exist." my employees can make meals but my controllable sims can't (they can Have/Serve meals with no problem and cooking skill is maxed)  Huh

I certainly have problems with meals too, the makeone/makemany just doesn't work!

Zephyr Zodiac
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2006 March 07, 19:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How Awesome are the hacks at valdea.com?  Do they play nicely with MATY hacks?  Do they kill kittens?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2006 March 07, 20:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't used the valdea hacks for a while but when I did I had no problems with them and with Pescados's stuff or anyone else. Most of Danny's hacks revolve around creatign new npcs to help out with various tasks so they shouldn't mess with any MATY stuff as far as I am aware.

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2006 March 07, 20:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone might have posted this one before, but the Sims are suddenly WAY overobsessed with the espresso maker now. I had a hacked one in every house for quick need fills if necessary, but they were mostly on inaccessible corner counters because I didn't want them making espresso instead of going to bed. Now they keep pausing and getting bubbles showing the stove being in the way, or making espresso when they're 75% green, and I've been forced to get rid of the things so they won't obsess. I'm afraid to see what happens when I go to a comm. lot with one of those there. It's the worst object obsession I've seen in a long time, and made more annoying by the fact that the machines are in every house...

They'll also obsess with relaxing on the LizzLove beds even with advertising turned off, but as that's a hacked/new object I'm not surprised the expansion broke it.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2006 March 07, 20:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see a problem with espresso machines - maybe it's because you have hacked ones.

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2006 March 07, 20:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see a problem with espresso machines - maybe it's because you have hacked ones.

Hmm, that's true. It replaces the defaults, but since it's worked since the base game I've kept it in, as they also make regular espresso like the normal ones do. I'm not sure why it'd be suddenly obsession-worthy, though, since they only want to make the regular espresso on it and don't autonomously use any of the hacked options that I can tell. Since I have other motive-adjusting hacks now, I might just toss it.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: 2006 March 07, 22:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Danny's police for some time, but I don't use them anymore because when they arrest someone, they charge whoever telephoned them $25,000 for running an illegal bordello!  It may well have been fixed now, I haven't updated in a while, but certainly the first few I downloaded all did it.  Must be some sort of mix-up with the woo-hoo pack or something.  What I still haven't tried is the hit-men - I was going to have JMP pay a hitman to bump Komei off (or the other way around) but then they went from worst enemies to best friends somehow or other, so I didn't get around to it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2006 March 07, 23:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really the right place to ask but.. do you know if you change the appearance of any of Danny's NPC's?
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2006 March 08, 12:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just joining into the choir who´s complaining about the bakery/inventory glitch (it´s not dependent on distraction nor on lack of money). I hope it will soon be corrected by a hack.
The fridge sometimes is not stocked up properly even when using the delivery option. (Perhaps this has to do with the fact that the food dialog was changed?)
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2006 March 08, 13:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having issues with servo coming to other lots as a visitor? I have one who whenever he gets invited and shows up on someones lot just stops and stands there. If you try to interact with him, the action immediately drops out of queue. If I turn on debug mode I get errors. Reset doesn't fix him. The only things that will are either making him selectable or deleting him from the lot.

This is rather annoying as I want to play this servo like a regular sim but apparently he can't just show up as a visitor on anyone's lot.  Huh

*Edit: Okay, I checked the error log, it's giving an "invalid constant" error.

Here's the begining of the log and I've attached the full log if anyone wants to look at it. Mackey is the name of my servo sim btw.

Yes, I just searched for a post exactly like this and thankfully it appears I'm not alone.  I noticed it last night with two of my servo's visiting my business lot.  They appear to keep resetting without debug mode on, and with it they constantly generate the error.  Workaround is to delete them from the business lot with moveobjects.  You can pause immediately after hitting reset if debug mode is turned on and has generated the error.  I filled in the bug report at the bbs on this a short while ago hopefully anyone else who notices the odd behaviour of visiting servos will do the same.

I haven't read any further than this post of Motoki's yet so if I've missed something relevant please forgive me for wasting space.

**Edit**
Okay so it seems this has been narrowed down to one hack by Motoki and TwoJeffs.  I updated a couple of hacks today and I think LessWhiny is one of them (dated 6 march).  I'll leave that in for now then and see if the problem stops happening.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 08, 13:45:02 by miramis » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2006 March 08, 13:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The update fixes it yes. Pescado has been mysteriously mum lately on his updates, I suppose it adds to his mystique  Grin so we kind of have to keep up with the updates ourselves. I check the OFB/hacks directory at least once a day and sort by date. Also some people are posting in the all hacks directory thread when there are updates.

I don't know if he's been updating the MATY pack or not so I would encourage everyone to just download their files from the directory.

Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2006 March 08, 14:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact you have to check the Firing Range, The Armory, The Hack Directory and the Directors Cut (all of them) in frequent intervals. Hackhunting has become an important part of the game - and since most serious players sooner or later end up as MATY customers, Pescado just keeps us trained for the hard world outside MATY by his version of brain jogging!
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2006 March 08, 14:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I appreciate the confirmation Motoki  Smiley  Yes, Pescado really does like to keep us on our toes,  I have a few newly updated ones today though it was only friday I think when I last checked in  Cheesy  I have a link to the OFB directory and check the dates in there now instead of going by the forums section.  TJ has been busy lately too from the looks of things.

On a slightly different but still on topic note..

I hit a setback in Uni, my young adult went to her first class at 1AM instead of 1PM and never returned.  Lot debugger had the 'retrieve missing sim' option but it didn't work, and she would have died if I hadn't exited without saving.  I couldn't force errors on offworld because she was the only controllable sim on the lot and her 'at class' icon wouldn't cancel.  I think I've seen something like this mentioned on the bbs (OFB) but couldn't find the post it was mentioned in.  I'm just wondering how many of you have played with the Uni ep since installing OFB and whether you've experienced anything like this.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2006 March 08, 15:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fridge sometimes is not stocked up properly even when using the delivery option. (Perhaps this has to do with the fact that the food dialog was changed?)

If you mean that the check food supplies option is not available, I experienced that right after the installation but then noticed it was back -or at least it is in the lot I am currently playing.

Also, because it is a home bakery run by the second and third generation of my Pitt family (plenty of $$$), I purchased a second refrigerator and stove so I could have two family members bake at the same time.

When I order groceries, it appears that both refrigerators are filled at the cost of one - but I do plan to confirm this tonight by letting them bake their brains out till there's no food in either fridge.
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2006 March 08, 15:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just joining into the choir who´s complaining about the bakery/inventory glitch (it´s not dependent on distraction nor on lack of money). I hope it will soon be corrected by a hack.

Is your problem by chance that you have not labeled the items as saleable?  Go to the price tag on the buisness tracker.  If the items are not highlighted yellow then you need to use the 'for sale' tool to set the price. 
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2006 March 08, 17:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have a problem with customers not leaving.  They will buy things and then start dancing to the shopping music on the stereo, pillowfighting, kickybagging and outhanging.  When I finally get tired of them and have my sim 'say goodbye - to everyone' , they get pissed and my business rating takes a hit.   I think next time I play, I am going to try that ticket machine and see if that cuts down on the loitering.
Try temporarily closing the business while the custs leave. Use the time to restock and tidy, when they all leave open it again.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2006 March 08, 17:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Teaching a toddler to walk after they've drank smart milk and when they adult has a smart cap on still doesn't work (broken since the base game shipped a year and a half ago)
I thought this was fixed in a patch? Though really there isn't a reason for the adult to have the hat on, since once the smart milk is made the hat doesn't boost anything, I thought. Just wasting hat charge.
The cop thing anoys me too, I keep wanting to be friends with that blonde one with the braids.

Now, I'm tired, my eyes aren't seeing right. I'm about to make a bakery, I know that sometimes food seems to be vanishing from the inventory, I heard manually restocking seems to fix it, and what's with the refirgerators? What's the fix for not being able to be able to fill them up? It seems I saw it in this thread somewhere...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2006 March 08, 19:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I order groceries, it appears that both refrigerators are filled at the cost of one - but I do plan to confirm this tonight by letting them bake their brains out till there's no food in either fridge.
Seems to be something similar. There were two fridges and  both could not be filled completely at the same time by the same delivery order (some food seemed to have been randomly assigned to each of them)  I will tell my friend who´s run into the problem several times in his bakery to check again for more details. (I have not encountered the problem pre-OFB, and I sometimes did use two fridges before). Please let me know what you find out, I am away from home and cannot do any testing myself at the moment.

Is your problem by chance that you have not labeled the items as saleable?  Go to the price tag on the buisness tracker.  If the items are not highlighted yellow then you need to use the 'for sale' tool to set the price. 
The bakery/inventory problem or selfcrafted/inventory problem has been mentioned in this thread several times and described in (short) detail, therefore I kept myself even shorter. I myself love speedy reading, but sometimes its better to take your time....  No, I am not the sort who´s BBS customer ...
I think (and hope) the awsome, important people have already taken notice there is something more in the category "annoyance" and will take a look at it in proper time as soon as more serious issues are resolved.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 08, 21:53:02 by Nadira » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2006 March 08, 20:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A little glitch or two I noticed, having sent Jennifer to her shop at the weekend while Lucy wasn't at school.    Lucy, who because of dizzy's smart-serve, can make herself a meal with no problems, can't do so at the store - but it's only a mini-fridge, so that may be why.  She could, however, phone for groceries and accept deliver, and put them away.  She was also able to phone for a taxi, but the taxi didn't show up and Jennifer had to call again.  I shall have to try putting Carrigon's pizza oven back in the game to see if that works ok!

Zephyr Zodiac
Chanco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2006 March 09, 01:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been having most of my problems with university after install ofb, all my juniors, and seniors have lost there extra want slots, I can fix the want slots but it is a pain when you got 5 lots in university and there are all full. I have also notice, I tweak some of my sims personalities before ofb and now they're back to the default personalities.

Yep I also noticed the Invisible fish too.

I may be a bitch, but I'm the pick of the litter.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: 2006 March 09, 06:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*scratches head* So far I cannot reproduce the stuck-on-the-lot bug (I've tried sending Sims to their business in their own cars and saving there several times and everything is still working normally) or the disappearing lot bug (I've changed uniforms, deleted uniforms, and deleted uniforms that an employee was wearing at the time). I also didn't have any trouble with my townie cashier ringing up a sale -- she was slow due to lack of badge, yes, but she didn't dawdle about actually starting to ring.

I've barely played at all, though, mostly just trying to replicate bugs and then making a Sim to craft a Servo.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2006 March 09, 06:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mr. phone stalker was fed to a cow plant and has so far has not placed any calls from beyond the grave. My robot problem seemed to clear itself up too. I don't know what made them shape up but after what seemed like the 50th reboot they did what they were supposed to do. The Cleanbots seem pretty useless to me though - most of the "mess" in my houses come in the form of dirty dishes, toilets, and bathtubs, not puddles and dirty newspapers. The risk of having 500 piles of trash when one goes wonky is not remotely worth the effort of keeping one in the house.

My family just managed to build a couple of Servos and have noticed a couple of things that annoy me about them. The first is that the carpool does not come for them, nor do I get a message saying that they have the day off/a car is coming in about an hour. I suspect it might be related to a hack but I haven't gotten around to taking them out and seeing which one could be causing it. I also noticed that the clock doesn't speed up when Servos are powered down like it does when Sims are asleep. Their "do chores" routine sucks too. They'll clean one or two things and then stop for about an hour or so and then clean another couple of things, wash, rinse, repeat. I tried the nodochores hack but I do want them to tidy up the house when things get messy. I just wish they weren't so stupid and slow about it.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: