More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 21:53:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My new Legacy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My new Legacy  (Read 23719 times)
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: My new Legacy
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 07, 12:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a nice skin, I have several pale skins I have been saving for vampires. Vampires should be pale. (So are my Geek family Wink). What I would like to know is how to make the pale ones default in the game instead of the blue ones.  Smiley

I'll try to get an answer later today when Dylan wakes up. I have no idea. He makes the stuff and then transfers it to my computer on our network. Cheesy
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 07, 18:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dylan here... to answer some questions.

How do I do it?: Pretty simple. I find the default game files using SimPE, extract them, create a brand new package file to throw the extracted stuff into, extract the images, edit them, import them, save.. It's pretty easy. If you don't change the filenames of the extracted files, it'll just effectively write over the defaults, while still being easy to get rid of.

Sharing: I've been going back and forth with this idea for a while, and finally decided that I would like to put my creations on the web. Kind of a scary notion if you're on the shy side like I am. I just don't know where I'll be putting them yet. I connect to the internet through my mom's computer, and the sucky firewall my Dad insists on (I use something else for my computer) won't allow me to publish a website from this computer. It's a no-prompt kind of firewall, taking matters into it's own hands without asking you what you want.  Roll Eyes  My firewall asks me what I want. Enough griping though.. I'll try to figure something out soon. I'm sure you'll hear my mom bursting with pride when I do.  Wink

Notes: My replacement allows them to keep their original eyecolor, or use contacts (apparently) if you so please. I also fixed the alpha channel issue with teen female vamps.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 07, 20:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there's always the Exchange. *shudder*

If you package up a sim with a custom skintone in the bodyshop the skintone should be included in the sims2pack file. Not sure about the vamps though since you normally can't create them in the bodyshop. I haven't tried extracting an in-game vamp sim via sim surgery yet and seeing how they would show up in the bodyshop.

I suppose you could also just upload it as an attachment here, but I'm sure since it's a skintone the file is rather large.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 07, 22:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there's always the Exchange. *shudder*

If you package up a sim with a custom skintone in the bodyshop the skintone should be included in the sims2pack file. Not sure about the vamps though since you normally can't create them in the bodyshop. I haven't tried extracting an in-game vamp sim via sim surgery yet and seeing how they would show up in the bodyshop.

I suppose you could also just upload it as an attachment here, but I'm sure since it's a skintone the file is rather large.

No no no no! No exchange! You can't make me do it!... *composes self* ahem...

It's about 11,200 KB... It's not actually a skintone, it's a full body tattoo. Compare this to my alien default skintone replacement, which is about 90,800 KB.

I didn't think we were allowed to upload that kind of thing here? I mean... There are no specific rules against it, but it seems a little... presumptuous.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 07, 22:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The worst that could happen is you get your lips ripped off and maybe get tossed over into Retardo-land. Wink

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 08, 13:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The worst that could happen is you get your lips ripped off and maybe get tossed over into Retardo-land. Wink

Motoki, I think we should band together and form a protective circle around gloamingmerle so we can get some of this great stuff, don't you?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 08, 18:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha. I just looked.. there's a 128KB cut-off point in the file attachment option.. Sorry guys.. I would have went for it too.. If I had gotten my lips ripped for it, at least it would have been for the greater good.  Wink

My parents are leaving in a while, so I'll try to see if I can (use my mom's computer to) get a website started and upload my default replacements.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 09, 13:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw darn, but I guess that figures, heh.

Well let us know when you get it up somewhere.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 10, 16:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Random suggestion for the eyes: if it's possible, perhaps make it a transparent red overlay? So you get a bit of a bloodshot look to the eyes, but doesn't replace any nice custom eyes we may have (I have all the maxis defaults replaced, for example) but does make them slightly vampiric. Give the alien eyes a red twinge, too, but they're still obviously aliens.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 10, 20:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is great!  I, for one, will be looking forward to the new skin tone! Smiley

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 11, 03:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chapter 2 is up, for anyone who may be interested. Smiley
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 11, 04:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beauuutiful!!!

This is the first time I see the stages of the  abduction in the game...Smiley. My sims have never been abducted.

...And why Mom didn't turn her kids/teens to vampires? Has it to be their own decision?

I have a question: if my sims' turn off is "vampirism", and they go to downtown and meet a vampire  - can they be bited by him?
Because each time I spot a vampire in the lot - I order them all immediately to drive home...Smiley. I am scared to death that someone will be bitten...Smiley.
So far all went well and they are not bitten - I don't permit them to interact with the vamp...Smiley.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 11, 04:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beauuutiful!!!

This is the first time I see the stages of the  abduction in the game...Smiley. My sims have never been abducted.

Thanks, Gali. Smiley

...And why Mom didn't turn her kids/teens to vampires? Has it to be their own decision?

Kids can't be turned into vampires. The teen girl is a Popularity Sim, so I don't think she would want to be a vampire. Wink

I have a question: if my sims' turn off is "vampirism", and they go to downtown and meet a vampire  - can they be bited by him?
Because each time I spot a vampire in the lot - I order them all immediately to drive home...Smiley. I am scared to death that someone will be bitten...Smiley.
So far all went well and they are not bitten - I don't permit them to interact with the vamp...Smiley.

The vampire will only bite controllable Sims who become friends/best friends. If your Sims don't interact with him/her, I don't think they would be bitten, but I suppose there is a slight chance. It's easily fixable, though. You just buy the cure from the gypsy and your Sim instanly returns to normal.

Actually, you can buy the cure ahead of time and keep it inthe Sims' inventory, just in case. Wink
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 11, 12:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chapter 2 is cool... and funny.  Grin

Your lad is a very talented young person, and we look forward to that site being opened!

Meh...
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 12, 08:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, you totally crack me up!  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 12, 08:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, you totally crack me up!  Grin

Me, as well. Gali's Sims all live in Happy Fun Land. Cheesy
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 12, 09:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Dr Vu's Undead Untanning Beds"

Roll Eyes

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 12, 09:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims don't live in fun land, lol - they live in Dream Land, a place that all your dreams come true...Smiley.
Sometimes I show my maid the houses, the decor and the car - we wish to have the half I give them...Smiley. My maid is contented to have the half car (they have 2 the most expensive)...Smiley.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 12, 16:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reg, you've inspired me! Time to organize my photos...
I loved your stories.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 21, 11:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shameless plug for Chapter 3.  Grin

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=1132625
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 21, 11:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me see... paint kitchen wall, or sit reading MATY posts and latest installment of "Firefly"? Hmmm...? What shall I do?

Meh...
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 21, 11:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me see... paint kitchen wall, or sit reading MATY posts and latest installment of "Firefly"? Hmmm...? What shall I do?
Gosh, you actually paused to weigh up the options? Still, I paused long enough to write this. Wink
*clicks on Firefly link*

Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 21, 13:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love your Sim Stories, Reggikko. They're always good for a laugh.   Cheesy

I really like your son's vampire skin too.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 21, 14:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

reggikko, where did the hair for the teen girl come from? It looks like the vamp hair revised.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 21, 16:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gosh, you actually paused to weigh up the options? Still, I paused long enough to write this. Wink
*clicks on Firefly link*

There was no contest, and I procrastinated for most of the afternoon.  Grin

Meh...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: