More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 15:31:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Stolen Cars?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stolen Cars?  (Read 5479 times)
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
Stolen Cars?
« on: 2006 May 12, 16:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do yoo know if a sim's car has beem stolen?  I hadfd a lot Lot with two cars, but qhwn I returned to the lot there is only one.

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Stolen Cars?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 12, 17:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normally when a Sim gets robbed it will have a memory of it so you could check to see if it does have this type of memory.

If the car did have an alarm the bugglar could not steal it though.  Undecided
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 12, 17:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I disable my CC a lot in order to upload clean lots.  Since OFB by doing so I have had custom cars on my lots disappear.

I haven't tested it enough to know if that one the thing that caused it, but that was what I attributed it to.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 13, 08:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Light bulb, I didn't install the alarms on that lot.  Usually that's one of the first things I make my sims do.

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 13, 08:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it was there when you exited the lot though it should still be there when you go back in.  You could try turning on debugging options before entering the lot and see if you get any error messages.

Axe murdered since 2006
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 13, 09:17:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Light bulb, I didn't install the alarms on that lot.  Usually that's one of the first things I make my sims do.

If it got stolen your sim living on that lot would have a memory of it, and you would probably too.

I suspect another type of prolem and also suggest you put the testing cheats at on before you reload the lot in case it would give you an error report, though it might me too late for that Sad
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 13, 13:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had a stolen car? I quit bothering with alarms a long while back and still don't think I've ever had a car stolen.

Unsouper
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 13, 14:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had a stolen car? I quit bothering with alarms a long while back and still don't think I've ever had a car stolen.

Yup -- I had one stolen. I have the sims install car alarms first thing now.  Plus, if the car has an alarm and the burgler approaches from the driveway side of the house, the car alarm will go off long before he/she gets into the house.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 13, 14:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always place burglar alarms on the ouside with moveobjects. As soon as the perp sets foot on the lot it goes off. I've been doing so since Sims 1 IIRC. No need for car alarms that way either.

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 21, 09:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims NEVER get burgled unless I want them to!  (Try turning your burglars into babies in SimPE!)

But just recently I've had furniture just disappear, not just CC but original Maxis stuff too, and it's only happened since OFB.

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 21, 14:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims NEVER get burgled unless I want them to!  (Try turning your burglars into babies in SimPE!)

But just recently I've had furniture just disappear, not just CC but original Maxis stuff too, and it's only happened since OFB.

Hmm...the juggling bug is back? Check here for details.
BTW, glad to see YOU'RE back ZZ!  Grin

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 21, 16:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!  I just couldn't stay offline any longer, my email must be clogging up the Internet!

I haven't ever got the juggling bug as far as I know, but I did lose a nice house at uni because one of my darn students was using a mobile phone without me knowing - so it's back to four popularity sims fighting over telephone time!

But I was worried about the thread of CB's I saw on cloned bookcases, and even though I opened some of them in SimPE, I wasn't really sure what I was looking for, and I'm reluctant to part with some of them.  (I tend to think if Maxis were to make a low bookcase, like the expensive one in Sims1, a lot of people would stop trying to alter things to get tall ones to work as low, wide ones, and i think that may be part of the problem.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: